User Tag List

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1461
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Lithium in this new design

USA

https://youtu.be/UmW2D_At1PY
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Ideal for applications where weight is not a concern, such as data centers, grid stability, and EV charging stations."... in other words, the opposite of performance boats, passenger cars & light truckss.

I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

4. Likes NICE PAIR, Instigator, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noli View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ha-Ha.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	532841 Probably all day!
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't 226 kwh equal to 60hp for 5 hours (assuming 100% efficiency) or the rated 500hp for about 15 – 20 minutes in real life?

Running a 9,000# boat on 40 net hp ought to make for a thrilling half-day of trolling!
    Last edited by David - WI; 05-21-2024 at 06:26 PM.

I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.

7. Likes NICE PAIR, Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think battery power makes sense for boats. It takes a lot of energy and CO2 to make big batteries. The break even point for a car is 2 years +/- a lot. For the short season we have here, it might take more than my lifetime for an EV boat to be CO2 neutral.

The wakeboard guys love weight in their boats, so the battery weight should not be a concern. The range will be enough for recreational wake boarding, but perhaps not a wakeboard school. Feasible, but not logical.

9. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo Credit: Shoot 2 Thrill Pix

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sttp.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	532852

11. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don't think battery power makes sense for boats. It takes a lot of energy and CO2 to make big batteries. The break even point for a car is 2 years +/- a lot. For the short season we have here, it might take more than my lifetime for an EV boat to be CO2 neutral.

The wakeboard guys love weight in their boats, so the battery weight should not be a concern. The range will be enough for recreational wake boarding, but perhaps not a wakeboard school. Feasible, but not logical.
    200hp (net) for one hour isn't going to give you many wakeboard runs in a 9,000# boat... you also have to get on/off the trailer or lift and out to wherever you ski/board.

13. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 66. If I waterski 3X in the morning and my next door neighbour does the same, we’re done. Our boats are on lifts in front of our cottages. Plenty of EV range for the likes of us.

Although I prefer a flat wake for skiing, so I am keeping our J Craft

15. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so right David, they will never power big trucks either

https://www.teslarati.com/pepsico-ne...k-fleet-photo/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big trucks in town, sure. Big trucks long distance? Is anyone making this work?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/SAFE2W-gL4k?si=KoB62l2XfPFWaqiH

With many new battery technologies coming, don't worry. It will not be long.

https://youtu.be/JO5L9JDaX84?si=j47RRy6rJbKPJOW-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big trucks in town, sure. Big trucks long distance? Is anyone making this work?
    That will NEVER happen

For example, PepsiCo ran more than 1,000 miles with one of its three Tesla Semis in a 24-hour period during NCAFE’s Run on Less Electric demonstration last year, with the other two totaling 754 and 808 miles, respectively. Tesla is also “putting our money where our mouth is,” introducing the Semi into its own supply chain and operations by hauling battery packs from its Gigafactory in Nevada down to support its Fremont factory operations in California.

“Two years ago, this route was 100% diesel – we are now electrifying it,” said Priestley. “We are able to do this because the truck has adequate range, proper infrastructure to pair with it, and the vehicle mass allows for one-for-one payload parity. But you get all of this at a lower operating cost. That is the beauty of electric heavy trucking.”

Currently, the Semi fleet is seeing an average of 1.7 kilowatt hours per mile, according to Priestley, and this is with larger payloads than some would expect. For example, PepsiCo has been using its Semis to haul beverages, much heavier goods than its chips and other snacks. They have seen so much success that Tesla is in the process of delivering 50 more Semis to its Fresno, California, facility, as well as the mega charging to support it. The increasing delivery of and orders for the Semi will be supported by a factory that is currently being built in Nevada that will eventually produce 50,000 units annually.

Priestley then went on to address another elephant in the room, the Supercharger network. At the end of April, Tesla CEO Elon Musk laid off the team responsible for building EV charging stations. The car manufacturer then rehired some of the team back a few weeks later.

“To be very clear, charging is core to Tesla. This year, we are investing more than $500 million in new supercharger stations, expanding the network. We are committed to providing our customers with a great supercharging experience and we’re going to extend that exact same train of thought into the heavy-duty side as well. We’re going to make sure that every vehicle we deliver has a charging solution supported that could come in a variety of flavors,” said Priestley.

After the presentation, Neandross joined Priestley for a fireside chat style discussion on all the points he discussed. Pointing to the fact that historically Tesla restricts the information shared with the media, Neandross asked what changed.

“When we first unveiled this product in 2017, Tesla was a fraction of the company that it is today. We had just launched Model 3; we were in the ramp of that production, Model S and X as well,” said Priestley. “We now have the fast-charging infrastructure to talk about, we have launched an enormous and very successful energy storage business. All of that effort like that has really been emblematic of Tesla’s overall growth and maturity. And I think that now, that everything that was done over that time period to build that business, has actually put us in a much better position to serve this industry better.”

Next up, Neandross addressed the vehicle testing for the Semi, and what other real-world conditions the electric truck had seen. In terms of cold weather testing, the Semi made a trip to Alaska last winter, to see how it would handle in extreme cold weather condition, running it on public road ran at minus 35 degrees Fahrenheit.

“We really spent a lot of time in the cold because we really understand the need to stretch the vehicle across all the various operating conditions,” said Priestley, adding that his team spent time in and around the Las Vegas and Death Valley area to test it in extreme heat conditions, with temperatures of 115-120 degrees Fahrenheit. “We really liked to push the vehicle to its absolute limit, and it sweated, but it did really well.”

The Tesla Semi will be on display at this year’s Ride and Drive for ACT Expo attendees to experience.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I have been wrong before. I wonder how long they have to charge the trucks on a 1000 mile trip.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real problem will be charging stations because there are so few for that Semi. It's a special plug. It will take many years to install a nationwide charging system, but they work great if going from one location with a charger to another location with a charger; it will be a long time for a national system. $$$ also

750KW chargers are $$$

https://youtu.be/4X4COuDRUtc?si=w9V-mhNVXi9I89KQ

Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast