Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    technology could help in all these situations
    God bless you (if you believe in that sort of thing) for trying to have a discussion with someone that believes that a person shouldn't have to be knowledgeable aboot the laws they are tasked to enforce. Ever hear the saying aboot arguing with an idiot?

All LEO's should be well versed in BJJ, trained much better for panic situations, and have a better grasp of the laws they are enforcing. They also should have less working hours, and be held to a fitness standard. The Minneapolis situation could've been avoided. Floyd was 100% in the wrong, but the situation was handled terribly. Criminals are never going to be reformed, they will always be the cause of these situations. The police need to be better equipped through training to handle these situations. Jocko Willink has a real good take on this. I'll see if I can find the link.

5. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe they should do better at vetting the people they are going to hire. I understand in large cities it is hard to get the number of people to fill the ranks BUT patrol officers should go through a tougher vetting process. And patrol officers should go to a monthly behavior evaluation when they are working in high-stress areas.

With the body cams they wear it should be easier to evaluate patrol officers.
    Last edited by CDave; 05-02-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my experiences with cops have taught me the only people who go into that career path are impotent, aggressive dickheads that love to abuse power. Be polite? Doesn't matter. They'll act like assholes anyway. I can count on one hand how many times cops have actually helped me, and I cannot count how many times they've mistreated me, and I am a white male. Cannot imagine having darker skin and dealing with these jerks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    All of the ones I see have computers. That's how they look up plates, check for warrants, etc. If they wanted to double check on a law, that should not be a problem.

Last speeding ticket I won was printed out on a printer with paper resembled one from a cash register. It took less than 5 minutes for the entire process.
    yes they are well connected, so why do they end up having stupid arguments with the public who in many cases are better informed?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    yes they are well connected, so why do they end up having stupid arguments with the public who in many cases are better informed?
    Pride, number one of the seven deadly sins.
    Same reason some people will argue, or not change their views, even when you show them the facts/evidence that proves them wrong.
    Last edited by CDave; 05-04-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

10. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    No.
    What cop car doesn't have a computer!? And a cell phone. And another cell phone. They most all have a tablet mounted as a computer with a keyboard, 2 cell phones and direct radio access to their dispatcher.

Ask me cause I went to school from 2015 to 2018 to be one.

John S. Criminals ARE sometimes reformed, but its rare. Police, our jail deputies, probation officers and parole officers need to be better trained to handle whack situations. There are more and more CRAZY people and this world is only getting crazier. There are metal problems that even the best psychologists cant figure out (like why kids are tryna change their gender at 12 yrs old; and more so why their parents are letting them) so how can you expect a police officer who is mostly thinking about the lives of the civilians around him (yes them, more so than himself) to try to understand a mental breakdown of a person he does not know? it messed up. And the publicity of mistakes does not help that police officer's state of mind. Nor does it justify and WRONG move he might make.

that statement ^ above assumes that the officer has a good heart. I know not all of them do and that issue is a completely separate conversation. That has to do with hiring procedures, interviews and background checks.

Just last night my dad was called into work at like 2am to deal with this crazy situation:
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ivity/2534528/
    The fool had a mental breakdown and shot his dog and was wandering his front yard with his gun. What causes mental stuff like this? Work stress? Malnutrition? Inadequate family support? Not knowing God? I do not know. And I damn sure know that police officers don't and cannot know all that is going on inside these fools' heads. Thank you to my wonderful PD, my dad, and God for keeping this man and all involved safe and alive through the night.

12. Thanks CDave thanked for this post
    Likes CDave, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    I know they do. That was just a sarcastic answer to a stupid question. If anyone thinks that an officer can know all of the laws they might be tasked to enforce, even with a computer at their disposal, I have some nice ocean front property just outside of Phoenix for you. Even the attorneys that take the cases to court are not completely versed in all of the laws. I am not sure how that is so hard to understand, unless of course one has never looked into how many laws there are on the books.
    Well good.

Yeah, and its not even all law. A lot of it is not. A lot of it is Case Law that they have to know and understand. All the historic court rulings on important issues. I had to memorize all that in school. In what year was the case ______ vs. ______ and what did it conclude? I hated that. Timed quizzes, not open book, about court cases from 100 years ago, or last month.

14. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lot of real good people in law enforcement. You just never hear about them.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

16. Likes 25two.stroke, Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of the 1st amendment audit guys,but they do expose some good cops with their work. They trigger a lot of cops that have an ego problem and superiority complex. I believe more psych. evaluation and more body cameras would help with the problem cops. Jobs not easy and they need some counseling from time to time. And I don't mean voluntary counseling either.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

18. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's not what I'm hearing, it's what I've experienced as a white male, and almost without fail, they have consistently been massive assholes for no reason. Powertripping insecure townies who never went anywhere in life, and get hard by flexing over other people, but the reality is they are just tax collectors with badges harassing the general public driving to work.

20. Likes Forkin' Crazy, 25two.stroke liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    How old are you? Under 25 I would guess?

I had problems with them too. Street racing, etc. I went to jail a few times. Like school, that taught me a lot!
    40, and they've been consistent assholes to me since I was 15. I've ALWAYS been respectful (sir, maam, hands on wheel, lights on, holding license, etc) doesn't matter. Total ****ing pricks almost every single time I have to interact with them.

Someone going 67 in a 55?! OMFG STOP THEM AND FINE THEM $400!

Some Karen driving an SUV in the passing lane, holding up traffic, not using signals and not checking blindspots? Meh, who cares, the laser told me they weren't worth enough money to pull over.

Let me ask you something: In your years of driving, how many times have you ALMOST been hit by someone not paying attention? How many times have you been stuck behind someone in the passing lane, forcing you to overtake on the right/middle lane?

Now how many times have you almost been hit by someone speeding, paying attention?

Yet enforcement is the EXACT opposite. It's almost as if these power hungry assholes are just playing angry birds in their car until they hear an alert from their taxpayer funded equipment to go extract more money from a tax payer so they can afford more tacticool gear and pretend they are badasses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://bit.ly/3uDznnM

Check out this honor student. Sure is serving and protecting, eh?
    Last edited by ADDvanced; 05-10-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
    All of my experiences with cops have taught me the only people who go into that career path are impotent, aggressive dickheads that love to abuse power. Be polite? Doesn't matter. They'll act like assholes anyway. I can count on one hand how many times cops have actually helped me, and I cannot count how many times they've mistreated me, and I am a white male. Cannot imagine having darker skin and dealing with these jerks.
    You seem to have quite the dark cloud following over you. I am a cop and I have never done the harassing things you are talking about. Furthermore, my buddies in the field also do not have time to sit around and pick a random citizen to harass.....
    Now the real question would be, how are you attracting so much negative police attention? If they are acting like jerks, there is a reason you've given them for it.

For a new member such as yourself, maybe stick around longer, read a bit, and get to know guys before spewing nonsense. Try a topic on boating perhaps.....if you have one
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

24. Thanks JBS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast