Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez I dunno guys. The 3.3 Wayne built for me has all the power I need on my 20' Hydrostream open bow Voyager XT. It is ported with intake spacer, big bore throttle bodies, reeds, and tuner. I think that's all he did to it. Dyno sheet said 339hp at 6150. I have about 10 hours on it now and other than being a little cold blooded, it runs like a dream. Thinking a TPS tweak may solve the cold startup issues.

My setup is definitely the limitation right now. I turn a 30" Drag 4 right up to the limiter and am running just south of 95mph in this old school bus. The HPDI is one heavy bastard, and I need to get it off the 6" setback and back onto the transom. Trouble is, then I'm too deep. Next winter will build another short shaft and get the motor up tight, then she should handle properly and let me really wring it out. The motor makes power, there's no question about that. That said, I'd sure like another 500rpm to play with.
    "Under Promise -- Over Deliver"
    • 1991 HydroStream Voyager XT (Waterski Magazine 1991) 200 SHO
    • BB2003 (aka Ali-Shot) 3.0L OMC
    • 2003 Mirage Ski Racer -- 300 ProMax
    • G3 X22 RC Pontoon F115 Yamaha
    • Ercoa 16' Pontoon w/Mercury 25EFI 4-stroke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/Yamaha...%20Upgrade.htm

Has anyone made this ecu update 3.3 hpdi ?
    P21 & 300hpdi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finman View Post
    http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/Yamaha...%20Upgrade.htm

Has anyone made this ecu update 3.3 hpdi ?
    Also waiting for this reply.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been following HydroTec's latest advances with the 3.3 HPDI ECU on the BBC site.
    At least one person has done the mod and had positive results. Here is the link to the BBC thread. I'm thinking about giving it a try but I'd like to see more feed back.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post7358501

5. Likes 16ft superboat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this winter ill be upgrading my ecu as well. 102 with a 35p bravo on the limiter. simon and HT both can do the upgrade at the same price. which is better who knows.
    16ft superboat
    14ft vixan
    15ft viper
    24ft sleekcraft
    21ft sleekcraft modvp
    18ft action hst drag
    18ft accelerator drag
    21ft redline
    18ft vking yt
    20ft Allison grandsport
    20ft laser 420
    18ft X-Stream Vking
    24ft banana

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have put Hydrotec survey on the subject, but they do not bother to answer.

Particularly I'm interested in whether this update really does have any power without powerhead ported, of course, it's useful if the engine power range is raised by raising the upper exhaust ports.

I found this old message:
    "We only do the tune if u are in shop. Leaving it to the untrained has proven to be disappointing. We need to make sure the tune is correct and only way to do that is to use Yamaha diagnostic software. Also engine needs to be run and codes cleared!"Wayne Worthy #79

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=715092&page=4&highlight=programming
    P21 & 300hpdi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try them again. Wayne has been very good with replying in the past.

As far as the jacked tune is concerned , when balancing these engines on the "edge" I would guess that Hydrotech is being cautious.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone try to change the max ignition timing by turning the flywheel in a different position?

In 3.3 liters of engines 200, 225, 250, 300 seems to have different curves in use, my next summer's plan is to enrich the mixture from the high pressure pump and try to move ignition adjustments.
    In my boat there is a 2-channel exhaust gas thermometer, and I install a knock sensor (microphone) engine for testing to be safe.
    Last edited by Finman; 11-20-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    P21 & 300hpdi

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys. Interesting thread. My boat and 225 2,6 liter carb engine has run since 1987 and still runs fine. It was estimated that it delivered around 260 hp. when new after some mild modifications. I really like that engine and it has never been apart except heads off for inspection and new gaskets + powerhead off to paint the engine and to replace the bottom seal and gasket. It has 31 boat races and over 1600 houres now. Fuel has become crazy expencive and it charges the battery way too weak. Those were only 14A at well over idle.... So now I am looking at a 2,6 200 HPDI. What can I do to make this engine more powerful and sound better? The carb engine has no "cassette" inside the mid section so it has that mean Merc 2,5 EFI like sound on idle and really fun to run. I suspect the hp is down somewhat compared to new. I want the boat to be faster and I need 260+ hp, low weight for good balance and low consumption on cruise and low speed. And it would be noce to just fill the tank with gas and not mix oil in the gas. What should I do? And can I get a HP mean looking cowling for a 200 HPDI. I don't want to run around with a normal gray fishing motor. The old Yamahas were here in Europe dark blue metallic and that is the right Yamaha look for me. So might repaint or wrap it to look old school to fit the boat. I still love this forum, but visit it too seldom!!

Thanks guys for your expert help.

Erik Eriksen
    Oslo - Norway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gilbert fule komp.jpg   bilde(15).jpg  
    Last edited by Yamaha 225; 11-23-2023 at 10:30 PM.
    EAE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3