Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three

Three stories….One...… Walter Werner told us..... not to run that boat....until we ran a Desilva in the ocean …. he was right......blew it over on third day.....hanging out at the OBI Freeze Frame put a left hand gear case on his boat and lost 2 miles an hour. The theory was the boat was sliding on the pad and when he put the counter rotating it lost 2 miles an hour. Love these old stories. Chip Watkins shows up on a December OBI night freezing. He blew over his Viper. I said to him "What's your problem?" I used to hang out at Ted Bravo's shop. Those were the days. Another interesting moment was the day the Tripps 18" Howard dropped the steering keyway. Yaa!! The old days of Broad Channel racing you would run what you brought. My stupid brother aka Tripps got run over by his own trailer at Howard Beach race. Those were the days.

2. Likes 89LASER liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Three stories….One...… Walter Werner told us..... not to run that boat....until we ran a Desilva in the ocean …. he was right......blew it over on third day.....hanging out at the OBI Freeze Frame put a left hand gear case on his boat and lost 2 miles an hour. The theory was the boat was sliding on the pad and when he put the counter rotating it lost 2 miles an hour. Love these old stories. Chip Watkins shows up on a December OBI night freezing. He blew over his Viper. I said to him "What's your problem?" I used to hang out at Ted Bravo's shop. Those were the days. Another interesting moment was the day the Tripps 18" Howard dropped the steering keyway. Yaa!! The old days of Broad Channel racing you would run what you brought. My stupid brother aka Tripps got run over by his own trailer at Howard Beach race. Those were the days.
    Didnt know tripps was ur brother , pretty cool

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what was the name of the channel where the measured mile signs were to clock your boat? we used to try for 1 minute, if no other traffic.