Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PS ... I think that XS can , was for the good folks @ Mad/EFI ...

Chaz = rememberin, It was Todd who got me started modifying outboard parts ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a Turlingtion Exhaust.............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Thats a Turlingtion Exhaust.............

Did he work for waste management ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 25two.stroke View Post
    I love that, it looks great. I want it. Way better than madEFI 3.0L mids...
    Why is it way better? When super stock had 7 cylinders on them they looked like they all had mad efi mids?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thelake View Post
    Why is it way better? When super stock had 7 cylinders on them they looked like they all had mad efi mids?

Lake seyz :

Seven cylinders ... LOL , my man ...

I think two stroke meant that he likes the look of the XS can better than the boxy looking X can. That's what I took away from his post.

For some it is a better fit. Mainly bass boats. Those guys don't really want a single ram clamp / remote pump and the weight of a X / MAD-EFI can. They go out at the time of morning when the sun hasn't quite up yet and the water is glass smooth. No real need for parts that were designed to pound thru the surf.

Most of those boats had / have 250 xb style motors. Todd being an avid bass fisherman himself, had me do five or six (Chris Carson also got one, so maybe seven) 15" XS style cans. As well as three ram clamp brackets that I closed off the original swivel pin hole ... and build a new spine that was set back 4" and fit the shorty can. The outer plates were kind of diamond cut .. star-warzy look to em.
    The computer I had the pictures on ... crashed long ago. But I think CRUD got one of the complete units. Maybe he'll put his copy and paste skill to good use and post a picture ..

Todd put an alien cowl, pan, and 300x skirt, on the complete motors he built / sold. They looked pretty hot-shiz ... you know .. they look right, but something seems out of place .... LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Lake seyz :

Seven cylinders ... LOL , my man ...

I think two stroke meant that he likes the look of the XS can better than the boxy looking X can. That's what I took away from his post.

For some it is a better fit. Mainly bass boats. Those guys don't really want a single ram clamp / remote pump and the weight of a X / MAD-EFI can. They go out at the time of morning when the sun hasn't quite up yet and the water is glass smooth. No real need for parts that were designed to pound thru the surf.

Most of those boats had / have 250 xb style motors. Todd being an avid bass fisherman himself, had me do five or six (Chris Carson also got one, so maybe seven) 15" XS style cans. As well as three ram clamp brackets that I closed off the original swivel pin hole ... and build a new spine that was set back 4" and fit the shorty can. The outer plates were kind of diamond cut .. star-warzy look to em.
    The computer I had the pictures on ... crashed long ago. But I think CRUD got one of the complete units. Maybe he'll put his copy and paste skill to good use and post a picture ..

Todd put an alien cowl, pan, and 300x skirt, on the complete motors he built / sold. They looked pretty hot-shiz ... you know .. they look right, but something seems out of place .... LOL
    Yeah the mad efi cans are INSANELY heavy and not cast well for the price you pay for them. Cut down fishin cans built by someone like you Chaz are way more predictable in craftsmanship, light, and versatile. The clamp you built for Chris Carson on his mirage is badass. I like his whole setup and its sad hes working so much and not playing with it enough.

I'm workin on a snout right now that ill post pictures of soon. Gonna heat it just like you said before I weld it up.

8. Likes NZ Sidewinder liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the mad efi cans are INSANELY heavy and not cast well for the price you pay for them. Cut down fishin cans built by someone like you Chaz are way more predictable in craftsmanship, light, and versatile. The clamp you built for Chris Carson on his mirage is badass. I like his whole setup and its sad hes working so much and not playing with it enough.

I'm workin on a snout right now that ill post pictures of soon. Gonna heat it just like you said before I weld it up.
    I just got 2 of Todd D cans! Haven’t even unboxed them! Now you got me thinking I should just send my current 20” cans to Chapman. It’s not like I’m takin my 24skater offshore to go wave bashing. Just go out there when it’s glass maybe 1-2ft at most. Chaz do you still cut and weld cans and do the clamps or is that something you kind of stopped once Todd d started casting his own?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got 2 of Todd D cans! Haven’t even unboxed them! Now you got me thinking I should just send my current 20” cans to Chapman. It’s not like I’m takin my 24skater offshore to go wave bashing. Just go out there when it’s glass maybe 1-2ft at most. Chaz do you still cut and weld cans and do the clamps or is that something you kind of stopped once Todd d started casting his own?
    Post pics please of the top of your madEFI mids as soon as you unbox them. The area where the adapter plate bolts to. Pretty please.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post pics please of the top of your madEFI mids as soon as you unbox them. The area where the adapter plate bolts to. Pretty please.
    oh man your makin me nervous

12. Likes NZ Sidewinder liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Made of glass ... LOL, Yep !

It's not so much the sludge they mix together and call it aluminum. It has more to do with the heat treat process it goes thru before machining.
    If your going to weld on an outboard can (any of them) the first thing you need to do is bake it for at least an hour @ 400 degrees. Bring it back slowly to aprox. 200 degrees .. and weld with 4043 till your heart's content. When your done, bring it up to 400 degrees, then shut the oven off and let it come back slow.

If you drill a hole in it , you need to weld a doubbler plate around the perimeter as well as inside the hole. I find it easier to put a short piece of tubing in the hole and weld it in place. The tube acts as corrugation (change of direction) and IT WON'T CRACK ...

wow, these things are heavy but they look great though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0297C0AE-8CED-4A54-BC4D-0E3F129795AB.jpg   35287F16-A5C8-4EBD-B84A-15A4C34BA1EE.jpg   0B87EE45-1B7E-40A8-970E-7AD760267CBA.jpg   ED779105-0577-4C32-B0F1-9FE582E4B4F3.jpg  

14. Likes NZ Sidewinder liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, these things are heavy but they look great though!
    Is the 3rd pic in your sequence a different mid? like did you get 2 and the third pic is of a different can than the other pictures?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two stroke ... when Todd bought the molds / tooling / a few unfinished cans from the Taylor estate .. they were all in pretty rough shape. He and Johnny M. spent a bunch of time money and effort to bring them to what they are today.

I spoke to Johnny a few weeks ago, I said .. man I haven't heard your voice in years .. he said .. brother I've spent the last five years just tryin to stay alive.
    (I sure can relate to that)

Todd has had at least one project or another going with me for at least a decade. The last thing I would do is build new parts to compete with him. And I doubt he is going to go to a trade school ... and take up fabrication / welding.

I don't go out of my way to advertise because I'm usually booked anywhere between two and six months in advance. At time's it can be as much as a year. I know that sounds crazy .. but I only have two hands .. and their hitched to a senior citizen ..

I still love what I do. When people ask me what I do for a living .. I tell them I'm a metal wh*re .. that pretty much covers it ...

Just finished the hot / cold piping on this Porsche :

Spare battery for my boat ...

17. Likes 25two.stroke, LakeFever, Kitch liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the 3rd pic in your sequence a different mid? like did you get 2 and the third pic is of a different can than the other pictures?
    2 separate cans like in these two pictures you can see some differences.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F33076AF-8BEB-4742-AC3A-0DE48B1444DA.jpg   45002EBC-797D-41C2-8DC5-84FC8ED46E5B.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 separate cans like in these two pictures you can see some differences.
    Yeah thats what I thought.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast