Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

merc v-6 gearcase id

case # 1686-827214c mid 90s ? case with the side anodes has heavy duty carrier with drain plug and 1 1/4 propshaft 15 spline appears to be big bearing 1:87 gear set bu I have not measured it yet,bobs cone on it to.Stamped on top by waterpump r95f686 rh came with a motor I just bought? Franken lower maybe someone through together?
    I may be slow but im ahead of you. *hit's only ankle deep but you went in head first.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    torqmaster best merc case ever

3. Likes Dave Strong, tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was thinking the same very thing.
    I may be slow but im ahead of you. *hit's only ankle deep but you went in head first.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So texas I also got recently a v-6 lower which I have not tore down yet and seems to have the #s 1647-9147-c as an older post here states it's a rare large bearing case and it is also a 1:87 lower and must be early 90s as it has no side anodes and is a non preload lower unit. Im not new to this but I cannot seem to find the case #s on any part sites ?? thanks for the help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is by no means rare other then the fact that there just about used up they were on v6 motors from about 91 thru 95 or so im sure they were on other 200 hp motors (because of the 1.87 Ratio the 150' had same case but 2.1 ratio) till they were gone from production the 1647-9147 C1 took its place till they started the bull shxt small bearing cases came out. The torqmaster is far more rare then the stock housing any day i had a post out a while back concerning these numbers since merc did it to confuse the not so educated in case numbers merc did not use casting numbers to it make it simple. i used to build cases for a long time lots of years ago i traveled all over Texas to marine dealers and repair shops to buy blown lower units by the 16 ft trailer load. i shipped them rebuilt, coned, modified all the time to every where i dont really know how many ive worked on thru the years then i started rebuilding motas 100's later im just about done i closed my shop to the public last year but still have a few friends who shame me into workin on some off there stuff

7. Thanks Greg G thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS20225 View Post
    it is by no means rare other then the fact that there just about used up they were on v6 motors from about 91 thru 95 or so im sure they were on other 200 hp motors (because of the 1.87 Ratio the 150' had same case but 2.1 ratio) till they were gone from production the 1647-9147 C1 took its place till they started the bull shxt small bearing cases came out. The torqmaster is far more rare then the stock housing any day i had a post out a while back concerning these numbers since merc did it to confuse the not so educated in case numbers merc did not use casting numbers to it make it simple. i used to build cases for a long time lots of years ago i traveled all over Texas to marine dealers and repair shops to buy blown lower units by the 16 ft trailer load. i shipped them rebuilt, coned, modified all the time to every where i dont really know how many ive worked on thru the years then i started rebuilding motas 100's later im just about done i closed my shop to the public last year but still have a few friends who shame me into workin on some off there stuff
    Thanks for the info texas.Another question-I seem to find that the torque master driveshaft is different than a fishing motor shaft? My tm shaft is rusted and pitted at the waterpump and seals like most of them do can I swap a fishing shaft in it or do I need to speedi-sleeve it or weld it up and get it turned down ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I answered my own question the part #s are the same.

10. Likes TEXAS20225 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 speedy sleeves are getting over the top price wise depending on where you get it they range from 30/40 bucks each and if you need two its getting near the range of buying a fishin motor shaft and it takes some know how to install them where they will not leak and if you dont install two and only install the top one you will have to remove it to add one on the bottom area that goes bad due to corrosion, any drive shaft prop shaft will interchange with any case small or large bearing good luck if u start digging around in part numbers in merc midas u will see same part numbers on cle, torqmaster and sporty lower units not all off them but a large portion also fyi sporty carriers are 3/16 longer then cle and torqmaster carriers

12. Likes racervboat liked this post