Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to go Bill Henderson, Bill Miles, and Spencer Toon

Outboards had a decent trip to the National Drag Boat Association (NDBA) race in Creve Coeur (St. Louis), MO this weekend. Bill Henderson (Mercury/Mirage Polecat) was a MACHINE this weekend with several runs in the 11.00 range including a PERFECT 11.000 qualifying run. He got a little antsy at the start in the finals though and red lit - still a great weekend.

Bill Miles (Yamaha/Mirage River Racer) got bounced in the first round of the Stock Eliminator (11 second class), but got into the second chance class (total of 17 boats) and worked his way through to the win. $800 + dollars too - not a bad payout for second chance class!

Spencer Toon (Mercury/Allison Drag) was back and ready to rock. He worked his way through the Modified Eliminator class taking down two of the toughest racers - Ron Morton and Greg Carr to get to the finals. He ended up taking the runner up spot to a nearly perfect run by 17 year old Ashley Ruf (yes, a girl...) who had an .069 start and a 10.02 run...tough to beat.

There was a good selection of outboards...I've got a lot of pictures - I'll post them when I get home from the race.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the compliment's Sam, it was even better last weekend at Kentucky. The boat was awesome, ran 11.002 in the first round of eliminations on Sunday, ran like that all the way to the finals, and was fortunate enough to beat Brad Murphy in the finals. Brad is very tough and has a real consistent boat.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you've got it dialed in for sure if you can run like that AND take Brad out. You guys are right on the numbers every time.
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Baker View Post
    Yep, you've got it dialed in for sure if you can run like that AND take Brad out. You guys are right on the numbers every time.
    It ain't me for sure, as you well know that boat has been around for a while and Rick and Ray know an awful lot about it. In S/E setup it's so easy to drive, point and push.

I was young and bashful back then.
    Today,...I'd just knock on her door,..hand her the crab dope, and say, "Rub summa this on ya booger. I'll be back day after tomorrow".
    -Bristo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam, I need to get ahold of Spencer Toon, I'm sending him something and I lost his phone number. Or have him call me, thanks...

RIP Todd Carter, Ronnie, Galen...
    You'll never be forgotten