Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a BLACKBIRD ?

Just what is a blackbird.? You said it was made from other boats ? Like what part comes from what boat? And are you sticking with it.
    UFO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you that Jeff is sticking with it. He is a little like the guy in high school that drove the AMC Pacer, he just likes to be different. Jeff will have to give you the specifics on the history of the bird.

It was part U-boat in Altamonte Springs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A blackbird is sometimes refered to as a crow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.K. you go ahead and have some fun

just remember, Talk is cheap ! The pacer must have been you favorite car "Lightning" seing as how you thought of it so easily. The new bird will be fast and furious not to metion it will turn under all of ya. Altamont is right around the cornner..
    Let the paint fly!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH YEA

did you foget the number of time the bird pasted you last year or is that allshimers kickin in???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesel

to best answer your question,, I know that it has a sleekcraft origin with some stoker added then there was some hst involved some where. I don't know what parts come from what but the lastest version is probable 80% modifications from these designs. at first I didn't know that this boat was this uique. I know that its going to KICK ASS this year.

everyone been braggin about being able to out run a 12yr old boat with there new one (mm).

lets see what a NEW bird will do
    better work real hard fellas!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackbird-

I am assuming that is the boat under your screen name. Can you post some bigger pictures?

It looks nice.

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    original bottom of the 20 foot blackbird came from a Stoker20 the shorter/thiner one pictured is a cut down version.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackbird I am flattered that you and everyone else in the class is worried about out running me with my 1 year of race experience. The question should be how many times did I beat you? I do admit my learning curve was about 3 races before I won one then I raced a couple of races on 5 cylinders still winning a few heats I might add. So you have passed me plenty of times in the past. But what have you done lately? Jeff you are my friend but your passing me days are over! In fact to hammer home my intentions for this season in Supersport I have changed my boat number. Mike Muldrow #1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, you can't run #1 on your boat - only Hollywood can do that. #1 goes to the National Champion and #2 goes to the High Point Champion (or the other way around). Anyway, I think Jeff won both of them, so maybe he should run #12.

The Blackbird, from my memory, started as a 20' Stoker bottom that a guy by the name of Mike DeMaio took and added a deck on it that made it look like an SR-71 "Blackbird" airplane. And it really does. It's a SUPER COOL looking boat. I'm not driving one this year, but if I wasn't running a Mirage, it would probably be the boat I would buy - just for the cool factor. That's a subjective comment, but it is bitchin' looking.

There's a guy in Kankakee, IL who has one and is trying to sell it pretty cheap. He used to run it in ModVP and it's a really fast boat.

I love it when guys talk smack about who's going to run second this year.....good luck guys.....take a number. :-)

Sammy
    Sam Baker
    On to the next project....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam I'm running #1 so when Jeff needs to borrow the boat to win again it's ready for him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy in Kankakee who has a Blackbird for sale is Larry Guimond (pronounced GHEE-MOE). You can call L & G Marine and get the scoop on it.

L & G Marine
    15 W Industrial Park Dr
    Kankakee, IL
    815-935-2628

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See that's what I love about you Mike. You don't even have to be a winner to claim that you're one. You don't win any championships, yet you claim the number like you had. That's AWESOME. You don't seem like a rookie at all. You've learned how to capitalize on other people's accomplishments and ride on their coattails just like a seasoned Vet. I'm still behind the curve on that one. Maybe you can give me some lessons on how to have brushes with greatness and then I can claim them as my own.

You're the bomb bro.

You're the expert, so let me know what you think of this....I think I'll put "World Record Holder" on my boat even though I never set it. I'll even put the Lake Alfred site and date on there - and the speed. I mean, we've had electronic conversations before, so it's almost like I set the record myself right?

#1 is something that is reserved for the true champion. I would hope that Jeff runs that number because he worked hard and persevered and deserves to run that number. It's an honor to run #1 and he should be proud of that accomplishment....even if he is only going to be borrowing it from me for this year

Jeff, I'll have StickerDude make a set up for you - I'll pay for it....you just have to give them back to me at the end of the year.

Sam
    Sam Baker

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam, I sense you don't like what I wrote in my post. Let me explain something to you. Jeff Pira and I are friends, if we weren't I certainly wouldn't let him use my boat to win the National Championship. If Jeff wants #1 he deserves it. (You already dont know how to take me and I like that). In fact there is no number on my boat right now. I ran #2 last season because Jeff Titus didn't like the way my number 151 fit on my boat cowl. I certainly wasn't posturing as a high points champion.

Now you claim you will be #1 next year when you don't even have a boat together for this year. Oh by the way I do have the points lead for 2002 already. 800 points, thats two first place finish's if you didn't know. I have all the speed records also. And my team mate is no slouch either. He is the winningest driver in this class. So you want to be #1, get your boat together, come on to Eustis and get your first can of whoop ass opened on ya in the class.
    Set your sights on me I'll be easy to see in the multi colored boat way out in front of you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you misunderstand me. I love a good natured debate. I know you and Jeff are friends....I would hope so since you lent him your boat. I have NO problem with you or anybody whatsoever. Understand that I have NO idea how fast I'm going to be - especially at Eustis (if I'm even able to make it). However, throughout the year, I'll get faster and I'll improve. This year is a learning experience, but I'll do some teaching too.

I was talking to Danny Mac yesterday and telling him that I'm already enjoying the brotherhood that SuperSport seems to have versus the other kinds of racing I've done through the years. Don't get caught up in what I'm saying - I certainly don't get caught up in what you're saying.

I hope each and every driver thinks they're the fastest....they should or they really don't have a chance to win. Driving is more mental than anything....I guess we're all mental

Can't wait to get down there.

Sam
    Sam Baker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast