User Tag List

Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 58 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switzer Wing: Firebird?

Bob V
    I saw the El Lobo at Clearwater with the Chryslers. The driver was being coached by George Thompson (anybody remember George?) Could the other Wing have been Tommy Sikes? If it was, I don't know where he 'got' it.
    Gene

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Muck...Muck

Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    Could he spin a yarn better than uncle rhemus and call everybody "hoss?"

Jody...I bet your Dad had the answer to that question. The guy lived on Clearwater Beach back in the 70's. He raced two boats. Muck...Muck, which was the Cobia that was re decked and ran twin 1250 BPs. The other was a production class boat with a single engine. He had a double decker trailer and used to travel the circuit all across the country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V
    Jody...I bet your Dad had the answer to that question. The guy lived on Clearwater Beach back in the 70's. He raced two boats. Muck...Muck, which was the Cobia that was re decked and ran twin 1250 BPs. The other was a production class boat with a single engine. He had a double decker trailer and used to travel the circuit all across the country.
    Hey Bob,
    I'll ask him, i'll bet he does. THank you for the pictutres also. I am sorry I have not sent them back yet, my scanner broke and I have to get a new one. Hope to get that done today after work.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Muck...Muck

Quote Originally Posted by lilabner
    Your'e not thinking of Bo Bo Mears are you?

Butch
    No, it was not Bo Bo Mears. I will remember the guy's name when I hear it, but for the life of me, I cannot remember it now. Don't know if I am drawing a black as a result of old age or too many blow overs. Perhaps both. I must say that this site is great for getting the brain cells working again...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    Hey Bob,
    I'll ask him, i'll bet he does. THank you for the pictutres also. I am sorry I have not sent them back yet, my scanner broke and I have to get a new one. Hope to get that done today after work.

Jody...When you talk to Jack, ask him if he remembers the Switzer Wing that ran the Fun 'n Sun Regatta back in the early '70s named "Firebird." He may remember who owned and drove that wing. We have been able to establish the El Lobo wing, but the history of Firebird still eludes us. Thanks..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ive heard my dad talk about those guys , ill ask him hell no !
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V
    Jody...When you talk to Jack, ask him if he remembers the Switzer Wing that ran the Fun 'n Sun Regatta back in the early '70s named "Firebird." He may remember who owned and drove that wing. We have been able to establish the El Lobo wing, but the history of Firebird still eludes us. Thanks..
    Sure thing.

BTW, as long as we are on the subject, anyone rmember Joe Bonano, every one called him joe banannas? He raced in the early-mid 70's in the clearwater area (maybe longer). I am really trying to reach him, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee
    T40 - Bob Massey - taking 1st ouboard and 8th overall in the first Elsinore 500 in 1968....a race won by Vic Edelbrock. Gene Lanham told me that the best outboard finish to date was he and Bill Sirois at Parker that year in his 18' Wing, Red Bird when they finished 6th overall. Jim Merten and Boots Spellman finished 2nd overall at Parker in 1969 and that was the last win for the inboards.
    Just a FYI.......I read an article in the April, 1972 Powerboat last night titled "America's Own Destruction Derby" written by Mike Snapp. It was about the history of the Parker 9 Hour, beginning with it's first race in 1963. It talked about how many boats entered each year, how many were inboards and how many were outboards. How some of them were equipped, like inboards with V-12 Allison aircraft engines that were banned in 1966, and the percentages of finishers in each group and where they finished overall. Another statement it made that I was not aware of is that Bob Massey drove a triple Mercury powered Super Cat ( that's what Snapp called the hull ) to 2nd overall in 1966! He said that proved to be the coming of the outboard to the Enduro and changed how prize money was distributed.......can't vouce for it's accuracy, just thought that it was interesting
    Last edited by willabee; 02-08-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The 2nd photo is from an ad in Powerboat, October,1968. The boat is a Rayson Craft with ( I think ) triple 1250's......it won Havasu in 1967 driven by Bill Cooper, Rudy Ramos and Mike Reagan ( the President's son ) - this same boat also won in 1966."...........Willabee

Willabee,

Did Mike Reagan do alot of racing in that era? Could he actually drive a boat? I know he did some offshore racing in the 80s. Just wondering.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCT

Did Mike Reagan do alot of racing in that era? Could he actually drive a boat? I know he did some offshore racing in the 80s. Just wondering.
    As I recall it, he didn't race much....just some of the bigger events where his name could be used to attract sponsorship money. He also ran some special events like New Orleans to St.Louis, where he and his "team" set a new time record. I believe he did those types of runs to benefit a particular charity. As to how well he could drive a boat, I don't really know. I can tell you that I looked up the 1967 Havasu race in Powerboat, and it stated that Bill Cooper was behind the wheel for 6 1/2 of the 8 hours.
    Last edited by willabee; 12-07-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike Reagan

Mike also ran some GN races..I think he was at the Galveston destruction marathon...he always had some good rides.

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think Howard Eis's boats were called Supercats, too

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilabner
    Mike also ran some GN races..I think he was at the Galveston destruction marathon...he always had some good rides.
    I didn't really follow the GN's, did he win any of those events?

Mark75H ......The boat that Eis campaigned forever was a Stylecraft which he called an Eis Super Cat. I always thought that was because he had made so many modifications to the hull over the years. Do you suppose that Stylecraft had a model that they called Super Cat?

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Or Eis sold modified Stylecrafts that he called Supercats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Muck...Muck

I think, if memory serves me right, that the driver's/ owner's name was Mike Rutterham or perhaps it was spelled Rudderham, that had the Cobia with twin 1250 BPs. Does that ring a bell with anyone?
    Last edited by Bob V; 02-13-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 58 ... LastLast