Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 150aintenuff
    FOR THE RECORD!!!! powerstrokes started in 1994.5... MID year switch.. ALL 95+ are turbocharged, late 94, 95 are 205 hp, 96 is 215 97-98.5 is 225hp 99-02 -235,275 and the 6L are 325... My 96 is an estimated 325 hp AFTER a banks kit and big exhaust, ECm changes and bigger injecters.. and it Just bairly pulls with the new cummins B motors.. .
    97 & up had 275, big change for 97 and up was intercooled and 500ft pounds torque.

Only late producton 95 was turbo.

00 and up with chip can go to 350hp with 600ft pounds of torque easy!!!

And this bairly pulls with the new Cummins B engines? ( BS B engine does not have a chance)
    The B engine has been in productin from the early 1980's they were first built in the Charleston SC plant. I was there! It has been in motorhomes and mid size production trucks for years.

And you ask anyone who has one, they get passed with a load, and they also have to stop for fuel more often. I know your gona argue this to death. But it's a fact! I know it is! And so do you.

The truck pull, lets see! Dodge had wieght in the rear? And traction?
    That was the differance!
    More have changed from Dodge to Ford than any other manufacture!

And I work for GM!

Al
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    97 psd are not intercooled u mean 98
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al I took the HP specs directly from the ford motorcompany archives... 275 didnt come out till 03 Intercoolers came with the new body style change 99+ 98s were still the old style... 98.5 is actually what the first new style trucks are billed under.. they didnt actually build any f250/f350s in 98 at all.. the old style unsold 97's were redubd 98's and the new production run wer dubbed 99's that came out in july of 1998

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 150aintenuff
    Al I took the HP specs directly from the ford motorcompany archives... 275 didnt come out till 03 Intercoolers came with the new body style change 99+ 98s were still the old style... 98.5 is actually what the first new style trucks are billed under.. they didnt actually build any f250/f350s in 98 at all.. the old style unsold 97's were redubd 98's and the new production run wer dubbed 99's that came out in july of 1998
    ok

I know they were building both for a few months.
    Was not sure what was what, but correct, new style was the intercooled engine.
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALso the new dodge 600 is dubbed the B model.. that is what i was refering to.. Alsi I have a 1996 that has been built up as far as I would want to stress the older motors.. and on the 1997 and older (old body style) an intercoller actually didnt help HP and torque all it does is lower EGTand my truck actually lost torque when I installed it.. so I removed it.. i have consistant 1100* after turbo and 1300 preturbo EGTs and can sustain those temps continously all day long.. with the inter cooler i was at 950 post turbo and blowing smoke.. at 1000 it clears up and doesnt smoke..

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many of you guy have ever pulled on the pavement in a tug-o-war,its complety different than pulling a sled in dirt ,all this hp dont mean squat.
    20 SHADOW 300+ V8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    airboater i guess you mean its all about traction/weight right? i know that if you put a 22re toyota 4cyl (Geared lower then you can imagine) in a ford f250 4x4 with full payload and hooked it up to that dodge you could sit there with the brakes on untill the dodge starts spinning then you would be able to pull the dodge where ever you want correct?

kevin (ok maybe the 2.2 re was a slight exxageration )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk
    airboater i guess you mean its all about traction/weight right? i know that if you put a 22re toyota 4cyl (Geared lower then you can imagine) in a ford f250 4x4 with full payload and hooked it up to that dodge you could sit there with the brakes on untill the dodge starts spinning then you would be able to pull the dodge where ever you want correct?

kevin (ok maybe the 2.2 re was a slight exxageration )
    You are correct as long as you have the traction to hold your competor and pull him if he starts to slip.Its really just a waiting game to see who slips first or the gunho guy that thinks he can pull dead weight.I have never seen and truck win a pull with a standard tranny ,too much slip and wheel hop,but some have but they ususlly have had their tires soaking is softing compound for better grip.Their was a toyota that would pull all the diesels with the same weight ,which they let the lighter trucks add lead to make the equal weight,but he had a chevey V6 and auto tranny and some wide M/T Baja tires.
    20 SHADOW 300+ V8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So true so very true!!!!

traction! traction! traction!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    well that explains the loss then cause that ford seems to be a stick look at how high the rear tires hop up on the second pull

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only pull off i was in cost both of us drivelines and neither of us moved an inch..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wats The Most Power You Can Get Out Of A Stock 97 225hp Psd With Bolt Ons?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much HP

A friggin' heap...
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea something is wrong

never will you see a cummings out power a 7.3 or the new 6.0 powerstroke thats not possible i agree that the 4 wheel drive didnt apear to be working in the ford also the dodge looked to be a 3/4 or 1 ton and the ford 1/2 the suspension between those 2 can make all the difference in a high stress situation and once again im not convinced the ford was in 4 wheel drive.the simple fact is the 7.3 powerstroke was unmatched and the 6.0 is getting there with upgrades im not totaly biess to fords but there is no arguing the powerstrokes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    bigbore some one on here was sayin there are rumors of a 6.4L powerstroke for 07 (bored out 6.0) with twin turbos! the 600ft lb cummins wont stand a chance...

i did the glow plugs in dads truck today (97 psd 5spd) the truck will not start under 50*... i hopfully fixed that problem by doing glow plugs and the relay...

wut kind of power are you guys getting outta them turbo diesels out there lets see some numbers/burnouts what ever ya got

kevin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast