Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the Chicago area managed to blow it again....

Almost 27 years since the blizzard of '79, and the civil service peckerheads still haven't figured out that when a storm crosses the Mississippi, it's time to start throwing the salt down. Every time they have flurries in the forecast, the plows and salt trucks are sitting on the shoulder of the expressway collecting overtime, just waiting for the action. But every time a real storm hits an hour or two before the rush hour, they're totally unprepared. I don't mind driving in snow when it's the open road but when there's traffic the people responsible need to get their head out of their ass because an hour to go 5 miles is just plain fuct up. Especially since nobody seems able to drive in the snow now that they all have anti-lock brakes, traction control, and 4-wheel drive. Would like to put these damn suburban yuppies in a '70 Duster with a 3.55 posi rear and see what they'd do.

Actually I think these things are some sort of FEMA practice tests. ("Hey, let's see if the city could handle a blizzard without plows just in case the terrorists destroy the municipal motor pool.")
    Last edited by Ron V; 12-08-2005 at 08:28 PM.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHAHa, I love this area. A few weeks ago it was flurrying, and not accumulating and i had piles of salt 3-4" high and 3 feet long in front of my driveway, yet no snow ever acccumulated, nor was it forcast to. Tonight my front drive cirrus was fishtailing all over the road and like Ron said , they new it was coming??? Good job guys
    John E.
    HydroStream Vandal 140 EVINRUDE 69mph GPS
    Black'99 SVT Lightning #1767 of 4000
    If It Ain't Blown It Sucks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Same crap here

Good ol' Cincinnati! No plows or salt spreaders rigged. The drive home was 2 hrs 10 minutes to go 13 freekin miles! Don,t ya' just want to kill the a-holes with a friggin ice axe! LakeRaider

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When there's a big storm, sometimes they wait till the snow stops falling before they start plowing and salting. There's not enough money to pay for extra salting and plowing. I drove home during the first hour of snowfall, and already the moron drivers were out in full force. There was less than 2" on the road, but the guy in the brand new Focus (read: new car = new tires) is going 25 down a major road, with 100 cars following. You would think that the guy would notice how much of an anchor he is, and pull over and let the county's population go by so we can get home before midnight.

I did not see any road trucks from either county of my commute.
    They will probably come out around 4 to 5 AM tomorrow morning and clear the roads. If they don't, I'm staying home and riding my snowmobile. I'll be riding DFR (Down the F***ing road.) If there's 6"+ of snow on any straight, flat surface, it's fair game. I'd like to see the police catch me.

-chad
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget you guys. The plows can NEVER come, I just want snow That gas guzzling 4x4 suv/truck doesn't sound so bad now does it
    89' Hydrostream Vista 200XP
    Delta 3cyl FORCE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Snow..?
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow.. huh? If this dang rain would quit falling, I might be able to go for a ride tomorrow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    snow or no snow I just wish the people who do the weather forecast get there freakin act together. around here it seems like they never get it right. again they forecast 3-6" snow and we get rain and some sleet.
    Helmut
    slow boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on my way to plow the work lot this morning (1:00 A.M.) and the bars I drove by were full of sleds. The river will be a freeway this weekend. I can't wait. It's been a while. 1 hour drive to work and I saw one plow out. Yesterday on the way home, I saw about 5 trucks on the side of the road collecting overtime I'm sure. One again, if our government was a real business, it would be out of business. Well, enough bitching Ron, I'm going riding when I get home! Later, Dave
    2018 South Bay 3.0+ Tritoon W/Merc 400R

2019 Wright Perfomance 36, twin Merc 400R's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

????????

Sounds like ya'll need ta learn where and how to drive.....usually takes me 30 minutes to get home...took only 9 minutes more.

And by the way I have abs and 4x4.....and I was the one that blew right by you in the ditch with the cruz control on,smoking a cigar and talking on the phone while I was pimping Laffy Taffy on the radio........

Amazing the idiots going 20 mph in a 45 zone on a 4 lane road....get the f over if you can't drive or I am gonna Dale E you right into the ditch....

And by the way glad to see some of these idiots I work with stayed home today......they all drive slo too!

Buy a real vehicle and take a course on how to drive or stay home!!

My .02 on the chicagoland driving morons....

Oh and where do I get a job working for the state snow plowing.....nice only working on nice weather days..

K.K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Kirk has had his coffee this morning!!! Whats going on K.K., haven't heard from ya in a while. You and Steve gotta get over and tip a few for the holidays and check out the new weapon. I could just see Ron cruising at a solid 20 m.p.h., hands in the 10-2 position and white knuckled trying to flip everyone off in they're 4x4. Just kiddin Ron. Later, Dave
    2018 South Bay 3.0+ Tritoon W/Merc 400R

2019 Wright Perfomance 36, twin Merc 400R's

Hamilton, ON. Canada and on weekends, Lake Erie.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow control is one thing I CANNOT complain about in the Golden Horshoe area of Southern Ontario. For the most part the Hamilton, Burlington and into Toronto area have their crap together. When they plow the multilane highways the plows form a staggered "Congo Line" and man can they move snow. I followed one to work today and they were going 80kph (50mph). At least early in the season when they still have money in the budget, they are out salting at the hint of snow and start plowing as soon as any accumulates.
    Chris Lacey <'((><
    22' Redline SOB
    Merc 225 3.0l
    1995 Harley Davidson Road King

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone in northern Michigan builds barriers from 2x4's and a tall piece of plywood, and they anchor them in front of their mailboxes, otherwise the snow from the plows would smash them right off the posts.

The road commision was out before 7:00 AM this morning hitting the major roads, by 8:00 they were doing my subdivision. No problems on the way to work today.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WARLOCK
    I see Kirk has had his coffee this morning!!! Whats going on K.K., haven't heard from ya in a while. You and Steve gotta get over and tip a few for the holidays and check out the new weapon. I could just see Ron cruising at a solid 20 m.p.h., hands in the 10-2 position and white knuckled trying to flip everyone off in they're 4x4. Just kiddin Ron. Later, Dave

Hahaha! Actually, the people in the 4x4's were holding me up in my 2 wheel drive Tacoma! An inch of snow and the big old badass cowboys are scared to death! I don't mind driving in snow, it's not half as big a deal as everyone makes it, I just hate traffic period and traffic mixed with snow and paranoia is 100 times worse. In fact it's fun if there's no other traffic or if the traffic actually moves. And spending money on 4-wheel drive is a waste around here unless you're the guy plowing the snow.....what good does 4 wheel drive do if you get stuck behind someone in a Trans Am anyway which is what always happens. Always got everywhere I needed to go with 2 wheel drive, if it's too bad for that, nobody's going anywhere in urban traffic anyway. Different if you live in Dry Hump, SD. I knew KK would have something to say, all I know is you were lucky if it only took you 30% longer to get home.....everyone I talked to today had at least double and in some cases 5 times the travel time (as in 4 hours to get from Wood Dale to Aurora). By the way how do you pass everyone when they are parked in the road? The west suburbs and downtown were at almost a standstill. Next time I'm walking across the street to the Holiday Inn and sitting down at the bar!!
    Last edited by Ron V; 12-09-2005 at 06:04 PM.
    Ron V

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaptainKirk
    Oh and where do I get a job working for the state snow plowing.....nice only working on nice weather days..
    K.K.

You have to blow someone's rod, or a guy named Rod......
    Ron V

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast