User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool stevens drag boat

I need information on the stevens some general history,where,when and how would be greatly appricated.

If your **** looks silly call bondo billy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember them building mostly Flatbottoms. They were out of California. I think they may also have built some drag hydros, and jet boats. I remember seeing their boats in the 70's but think they may have been one of the original SK style California v-drives from the early 60's.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own 'Turbulence', a 1962 17 Stevens. It is a flat bottom SK style. The boat was the retirement gift to Stevens' salesmanager when he retired from them in like 1974. Yes, believe it or not, he lived in NJ while he worked for them. I bought it in '97.. I tried to keep it all original (redid the interior and painted it same scheme), but the mechanical trans was about shot, clutch discs were slipping and none to be had. I converted to a Velvet drive and finally the original 283 power bit the bullet last year, and I put a 350 in it. I use it 2 sometimes 3 times a year (I have 3 other boats and am into fishing nowadays). When I feel the need for speed, I plunk it in, rattle everyones windows for an hour or two and get back on the trailer before I get in too much trouble. I'll make and upload some photos to an album. Good boat BTW, solid as a rock.
    The gentleman I bought it from is still kicking, and has been by my place a couple times.
    I have created an album, more photos there...
    One other comment; Darn good thing I didn't have it when I was young and dumb!
    Last edited by Afishinado; 03-24-2006 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking flatbottom. A real thrill with moderate v-8 power. I have had several Raysons, Halletts, Sangers, Wescos...but never a Stevens. Always loved the swoosh stripe that turned down on the sides.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stevens boats

hey,just to let you know,a gentlemen in california is building a website with the name stevens boats.com,he owns several of them.i posted the same as you a while ago at the hotboat sight and got alot of interesting info from several members,it seems alot of these guys with high dollar drag boats have had a stevens in their past at some point.i bought mine abought a year ago and would love to know more about their history,it seems they were a pretty mainstream boat back in the day.you can also check out v-driveboat.com,it seems there is alot of stevens talk lately.i live near cape cod and these boats are very rare here,just recently i met a guy one town over from me that picked up a 65 with a buick nailhead and when he introduced himself at v-driveboat.com the same day a guy replied that the boat was in his family in california for twenty years and they want first dibs at buying if it were to come up again,they are going to share family photos and whatnot from the 70`s and 80`s,how cool is that.if you go to photos at v-driveboat.com look up (pancho) thats me and the 65 belongs to (Leadsledmerc)good luck with youre boat and dont be afraid to ask questions,we all share the same passion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stevens

I had a 20' stevens v- drive with a big block chevy in it .it's sitting in my friends backyard. theguy that owns it lives in a motel. wanted a lot of money for it last year.ill' try to get some pictures.
    21 Cougar Mtr
    21 Superboat
    Hydrostream Venus
    Hydrostream Vegas
    22 Apache Scout

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got 73 stevens Jet Nasty!

Hey guys, I am new to these forums, and i am finding my way around. I just purchased a 1973 stevens Jet, with LS6 454 with all the performance goodies. I am in the processs of doing some mild restoration, seats,cables,tune up, minor stuff. The boat runs great. I am looking for more info on the stevens. I t seems to be a solid boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got any pics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am new to this computer thing and can put them on without a browse option???? How do i post a pic?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pics

benji,i havent done it yet but from what i understand people put there pics on a photo hosting site and then create a link,these sites usually dont allow attachments like digital photos because of there size,so the storage is done remotely,check out photobucket or something like that,there are several free ones,have u looked at the help section here,its most likely explained somewhere in the past,good luck,maybe u can e-mail to a member here and they could post for youre till you get it figured out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, I will try.. I took it out yesterday for the first time and its a great boat. Very fast!! You can put the boat into a slide very nicely..
    No speedo yet but It feels like around 60+ at 4500 rpm.. Going to purchase gps next week so I know top speed.. I'll try again on the pic's, I am curious to know more about this boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,thats good news,glad you enjoyed it those first trips out are butterflies rides,lucky u on the weather,i just got in last night from the Outer Banks and it feels like snow here in mass today,when u go out with the gps deal dont be disapointed if the numbers arent what u hoped for,i have had friends lose interest in there boats once they saw what it is really running,remember speed is just what youre willing to spend,consider youre first number a baseline and then build from there,Kenny

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about that slide,i had a tahiti spin out on me once and i was hurt and it was not cool,be careful!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    benji,have you posted on hotboat yet?they have a just jets section with quite a few knowledgable folks hangin out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Benji,u still around,did i say somethin wrong?

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast