Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we were at John's house one time......possibly left one of our boats there. I recall his son and Sue....How are they? Please say hello if you are in touch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many raceboats around at the time ,was sort of commonplace. espically the little hydros stacked on trailers in the yard.
    They are both still around . Susan operates a race car parts shop for Spraker Racing and Mike runs a marina in Scotia .
    The days of the Raceboats are virtually gone around here in region 2, at least not like it was .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You likely don't remember us I guess.....we had quite an entourage 'tho.

We were known as CANTEK Racing from Toronto......white boats with black and red stripes, and various camper/haulers...the last one was a black crew-cab Ford with a large white camper.

Ran a twin Molinari which we took to Africa, then various Miles single boats.mostly two, one for me and the other for Dick Summerfeldt.

Does Mike still have his Daytona Charger? Fond memories of Sue....I still have the lighter she gave me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianSmith
    You likely don't remember us I guess.....we had quite an entourage 'tho.

We were known as CANTEK Racing from Toronto......white boats with black and red stripes, and various camper/haulers...the last one was a black crew-cab Ford with a large white camper.

Ran a twin Molinari which we took to Africa, then various Miles single boats.mostly two, one for me and the other for Dick Summerfeldt.

Does Mike still have his Daytona Charger? Fond memories of Sue....I still have the lighter she gave me.
    Mike sold the green Daytona years back . I will get ahold of Susan and tell her that you still have the lighter.
    And yes the boat going to Africa.......You are the guys Boatracing doesnt have any longer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big HELLO to Brian Smith! Great to hear from one of Canada's finest tunnel boat racers!

Thought you might remember these guys.. tough looking group (except the one on the right . I'll try to dig up a few shots of Cantek Racing .. I have a number from our trip with you to Havasu in '71.

Brian, Tom Wood and Oley Berkis both passed away in the early 90's. Spencer died at age 51 in 1997. I hear Dick is well and talks frequently to past CBF prez, Ted Abel. I still see Jimmy Cascadden and Dave Cameron on occasion.

Cheers!

PS - I recall a news making barrell-roll you performed in Parry Sound .. 1973 I believe? I rolled my SJ Moly the same day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tom Wood, Oley Berkis, Mark Rotharmel 1981 Valleyfield PQ.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had dinner with Homer about a year ago. He is still in the sod business. Bought a marina/ fish camp outside of Okeechobee and still has the SST 140 Seebold in the Barn.

The last time I tlaked to Kevin and Mark Miller was several years ago. They were still in Niceville, FL building Houses. I think that Noah taks to them from time to time

The last time I saw Kim was 5 or 6 years ago at a boat race in Auburndale. She was there watching with Husband and baby.

A couple of other names not on the list spotted at races this year:
    Harley Wilson and family showed up at a boat race in Inverness FL. this year. Harley races mud trucks from time to time. He has put on a few pounds from his racing days.

Bunky Bowerman also showed up to the race in Inverness Fl.

I had Harley as my radio man the first day and Bunky the second day.

Jerry Neely still lives in Auburndale. I think he works for the school system.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #588, Cantek Racing ... sometimes you run hot.. maybe a bit too hot! I think Brian will like the shot taken earlier that day at Havasu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brian Smith - Havasu.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian Smith lining up for a pace-boat start (Miles #988) in Schenectady, NY 1973... Andy (Andre) Savard follows in red Burns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 988 Schenectady.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any left?

Does anyone know where a restorable mid-70s SJ, UJ, etc. (V4 or inline) OPC tunnel might be available for sale? I am looking for one, preferably an early picklefork as opposed to a non-picklefork. I have been looking for one for years to restore and run at antique outboard meets. I have a period engine for it (original Super Strangler) so no engine is needed. I have seen a couple here and there, but nothing quite right yet.

JWTjr.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WatermarK!

Your profile doesn't give your name.......SJ......Hmmm..could be a number of folks........thanx so much for the compliment. We all worked very hard.

The pics are great! If you any others could you please send them to my Email address?

Havasau that year was a disappointment. We had just had the boats sponsons rplaced and modified by Bill Boulter after my road excusion earlier that fall in Ohio.
    With it running flatter (necessary with the C-6), the plywood at the fronts of the sponsons was wek and took a real beating......thus I got wet feet and had to wait onshore untill I was picked up.

I do have the neg and pic from Parry sound where I rolled the boat..that was quite a ride! Unfortunately it is filed away so I'll try try to dig it out and scan it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had heard about Oley and Tom..........not about Spencer.......sad............ all strong committed competitors.

Where's Jimmy Cascadden at? Had great times with him! and Dave? I would love to have overheard the "Pointers" Mark was being given during the pic!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianSmith
    WatermarK!

Your profile doesn't give your name.......SJ......Hmmm..could be a number of folks........thanx so much for the compliment. We all worked very hard.

The pics are great! If you any others could you please send them to my Email address?

Havasau that year was a disappointment. We had just had the boats sponsons rplaced and modified by Bill Boulter after my road excusion earlier that fall in Ohio.
    With it running flatter (necessary with the C-6), the plywood at the fronts of the sponsons was wek and took a real beating......thus I got wet feet and had to wait onshore untill I was picked up.

I do have the neg and pic from Parry sound where I rolled the boat..that was quite a ride! Unfortunately it is filed away so I'll try try to dig it out and scan it.
    We went to Canada to see the WATERMARK run a couple of times. His dad was the main part of the pitcrew.
    I beleive that the Canadian Goverment recently inducted the WATERMARK into like a National Hall of fame for the entire country. Bob

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=outboard bob]We went to Canada to see the WATERMARK run a couple of times. His dad was the main part of the pitcrew.

Bob, you are so right about Dad. He deserves the credit for the success we enjoyed and travelled to every North American race throughout my 17 years on the circuit. Almost 81, he is fit and well - and planning to come to Clayton next season if I get that old CCC Molinari running..

I trust you will be there too? I best talk to T2x and reserve early!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermark
    Bob, you are so right about Dad. He deserves the credit for the success we enjoyed and travelled to every North American race throughout my 17 years on the circuit. Almost 81, he is fit and well - and planning to come to Clayton next season if I get that old CCC Molinari running..
    Hey Mark.........Does he still like Manhattens?? He made Dad and I a couple one year in Brockville--------SHEESH!!
    PRO Hydros
    The ONLY way to fly
    Think you got the nutz??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watermark

You are extremely fortunate to have him there. That is without question the foundation for your success.
    I will be at Clayton and will bring a couple boats. In October 06 i will be competing in the Parker race that has been resurected,should be a grand time.
    Great conversing with you.Best wishes. Bob Valachovic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast