Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have Tony's SVS for my pro max, along with his PCU and injectors cleaned a couple of times.

The SVS is easy to install, good directions are supplied with the unit.

Your ECU will work fine along with the SVS. The PCU is a replacement version that is highly adjustable.

Someone mentioned their motor died when coming off the gas, and had bad idle qualities,,,,,better check yer reeds, cuz the SVS provides far greater air flow,instantly, provided me far better accelaration, midrange and even a little on top due to some added RPM's.

The SVS to ANY motor is sorta like if you were to take a restrictive Air cleaner off of your car motor carburator,,,,gobs of air can then get in the carb,and you can feel some performance gains, even tho all you have done is allow more air into the motor.( using this comparison regarding the ProMAx stock intake design, with the backwards flow into the plenum)

It's a kickass unit, Tony and Linda's service,willingness to help, and their customer satisfaction is second to none!!!!

Russ
    Russ Benton
    Allison XB-2003 w/JSRE Pro Max
    Allison XR-2001 w/260 +

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one too and a modified 225 EFI. That was the last thing I added after stock 300PM heads, 300X exhaust tuner, solid mounts, remapped ECU and reeds.

Replacing the stock metal reeds is a must with the SVS. Backing off the throttle with all that air will cause the stock metal reeds to flutter. I put in simple single stage carbon fiber reeds that have been fantastic.

The SVS is a great, easy to install unit. It's very trick looking and will improve your performance. I saw most of my gains in holeshot and mid-range. Maybe a small bump on top but remember I have a modified motor that was allready turning out over 270hp.

I'll second the exceptional service by Tony and Linda. I bought mine used and had some questions about the linkage. They were quick in responding and very helpfull.

Bottom line is if your going to trick out a motor it ain't done till you have an SVS on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the 300X tuner fit any 3.0?? say an 250XS
    -----------------------

Lars - Denmark

Boat
    Phantom 21" - 1000lbs V-hull

Engine
    Mercury 250XS 03

Props
    25" High Five, 25" Trophy Plus A45, 26" Mazco HP-4, 27" Tempest(83,3 Rev lim.), 28" Trophy Plus (84,6 Rev lim.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Svs

Since the SVS introduces a greater amount of air do you need to do anything with the ECUs?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    svs is the best bolt on mod for the money and crazy power out the hole

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodgam
    Since the SVS introduces a greater amount of air do you need to do anything with the ECUs?
    No, Ecu corrects itself, but with the addition of Brucato ECU, you can fine tune it!
    And then wamo!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT thread all, you convinced me to make the addition to the old fishing rig. I ordered/received the parts from power performance the slide and ECU to match, great looking parts. I scheduled service to have the parts installed and was turned down form the local marina, they don't install high performance parts! I'm just sharing the story in case anybody else is thinking about the purchase/planning to have a marina install get that line up in advance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3