Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice chart. Camaros.org right??
    Got this from the .net guys
    Rack Man
    There was some discussion on those wheelcovers....I believe that they are the PA2 MAG wheel cover option....My 69 SS/RS had the same ones (I think)...So I don't know why a 68 couldn't have had that same option...

Dan

BTW...Just by the pictures & other info provided...I would pay no more than 22k for it....Just my Opinion

Ron Pratt
    '91 Virage "The LAST Virage" 15" 280
    26' Grady White "fish getter"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wheels

you could be right about the wheels. Part of the problem is that GM was making changes along the way. options became available mid-year and I guess they made them available to the consumers. like I said I guess when the car was ordered the buyer could have just checked off what they liked and GM was happy to supply it. I grew up close to Motion Performance on Long Island. Some of the Camaros that came out of there where some of the fastest cars of the time, just like the Yenkos. I guess we'll never see that again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice car but after looking at the pics, the asking price does seem a bit on the high side. There's a lot of work to be done to make it REALLY nice. With all those speakers, is there a modern radio hidden somewhere???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron,
    Could be a great car. Too bad about the speakers though, hope the package tray insn't cut up, door panels are easy to replace. Yours looks nicely equipped with tilt and all.

If you haven't seen my Camaro thread look it up, I think it's titled "Lets see your Camaros."
    I've had two 68 SS/RS, one Ash Gold big block with vinyl roof, and one 350 convertible with ac and cruise. Very few (reported 327 total) 68's had cruise. Pics of both there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never saw that thread. Man, you and Pat (the guy from the camaro site) need to hook up. I sent you a pm with his info. He's in the same area with a couple old Camaros.

You know,...... I wanted either a 67/68 camaro with RS (covered headlights) or a 67/68 Fastback Mustang (steve McQueen) to play with.
    Somehow this 68 here just "doesn't do it for me". You know,.... If you are going to drop 20k for a toy that you won't lose $$ in a few years, you better have a warm fuzzy feeling when looking at it.

Ron Pratt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A goofy option that my Dad's 68 had was a floor mounted (no console) clock. It was attached (with chintzy bracket) to the trans tunnel right under the center of the dash. It always seemed a candidate for being kicked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting another thread because I've decided to walk away from this one. Found a killer fastback in CT. Gotta find a S&F member close by.
    Thanks for all your help and info on the camaros. I've learned ALOT in the past few days on these two cars.

Now THIS car gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. Perfect body, house of color paint, new motor, new interior, 429 hood (351 motor), new tires and rims, and it's less than 20k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 67 fastback.jpg  

Ron Pratt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're letting your head make the decision instead of the "woodie." That's a good thing. Your biggest problem would probably be distance??? I'd think you'd want to stick to a west coast search?? If you want to get off the well worn path of Camaro's, Mustangs, etc, RacerX is toying with the idea of selling his 66 Pontiac 2plus2. All black, eight lug wheels, 421 with tripower, turbo 400. Rare-only 6000 were built. Turns mid 14's. I bought it in 1980 and sold it to him five years ago. When parked in a carshow, everyone seems to walk right past the GTO's to get a look. He's about an hour west of Chicago. I'd seriously think of buying it back but I'm up to my ears in vehicles right now. I think he's kicking around a $15K pricerange.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't know about the "woodie" not guiding me.... When I saw this fastback lastnight, my eyes rolled back in my head and I started to convulse. .
    It will cost $1200.00 to transport to Seattle. I just got off the phone with Bob Garone
    (Marine 2000). He's the one that found and held my 21' Skater till I flew over.He lives in Long Island NY and is 2 hrs away from this 'Stang. There may be a ferry that goes from LI to New Haven which would cut down on drive time. He's checking into that.

UPDATE:
    Just bought it!! Owner agreed to 18k so I hit the "buy it now". It was a race between me and a guy in Italy. I beat him to the buy it button!! WHEW!!!
    Here it is. What do you think??
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4578311295

I talked to a mechanic shop that has no affiliation with the owner. They said Tony was a Class act owner and his attention to detail is among the best. They said I wouldn't go wrong with this car.
    Now I get to wait three weeks to see it. Tap Tap Tap...
    Last edited by AlaskaStreamin; 09-29-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Ron Pratt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the ferry goes from port jefferson to bridgeport about 45min ride
    Aquarius Inflatable Yamaha 70 EFI
    24 Skater Twin 3.0 300x copies 113mph so far
    954-861-1611

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up too bad about the Camaro

Its too bad about the Camaro but like you said if you don't get the warm fuzzy feeling then don't do it. The Mustang is very cool (although I'm partial to Camaros). The best part is its a 4 speed car. These old muscle cars are so much more fun when driving a standard!!! You probably would have gotten bored with an automatic!!! It may sound dumb but there's nothing better than banging gears in a 4 speed car. Good Luck with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats even if it is a Ford. Can't see the pics due to our work firewall but the description sounds good. Enjoy!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amityray View Post
    One thing that needs to be checked is the rear diff. I'm 99.99% sure that all SS Camaros came with a factory 12 bolt posi. rear. This could give it away if its a clone, they're hard to find and one with the correct date code is even more difficult. Also I'm pretty sure that disc brakes where standard with the SS's also but I"m not 100% sure. I'm just curious what options the car has. Things like a factory a/c or tic/tach guage or factory 8 track player etc.... could add alot to the value of the car. I had a chance years ago to buy a 68 rs/ss 396 375 hp Camaro CONVERTABLE with factory aluminum heads that was disassembled but complete. I passed on it and have been regretting it ever since....What an a$$ I was!!!!
    I ordered a 1968 Camaro SS 396/350 and recall most of the options. My sequoia green (looked mostly gray) had the white bumblebee hood strip without the horizontal streak. My Camaro was delivered in Dec 1968 so maybe when I ordered it was only offered without the streak. All wheels had drum breaks. It came standard with F-series wide oval tires, I later replaced with the G series which made measureable improvements. No power options so steering required a little arm workout in the city. Got a heavy duty suspension which I think came with the rear anti-sway bar; the front anti-sway bar was a larger diameter for sure. Unfortunately I gave the Chevy brochure and window sticker to the next owner. Still looking for my car which is likely a one of a kind. 350hp/Muncie close ratio/HD supension/3.31 Posi rear end/no power options & no A/C/console/instrument cluster/black buckets/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't recall seeing these wheels in 1968

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread it 15 years old. Now really antiques.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast