User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Merc 70 Hp Inline 3 optimium pitch (top end)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

4 40.00%

6 60.00%

Thread: Mystery to me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mystery to me

Heres the info: 70 horse I3 Merc. clamped on the back of a 10' GW Invader should move perty good and has but when i first mocked it up i had trouble with it. That being it would idle fine but once in gear it would idle up a little bit and then would bog after about half throttle to the point of dying. Took it to a local guy he said i had to big of prop on it and (at the time it was a 21P) he put a 14P on and also he said the primer bulb was crap so he put another one on. After that it ran like a spotted ass ape! However bout 2 months after the same problem crept up again (thinking it was dirty carbs I cleaned em) took it to the river SAME THING we could play with it for a while with intermintint squeezing of the primer bulb and then try it and 1 in 10 tries she'd jump out of the hole the other 9 it's fall on its A$$

Also the primer bulb never gets hard. Aren't they supposed to pressure up? I'm gonna go and get another bulb tomorrow and hope that maybe might think of something that I havent here. Lemme know what you'll think Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first steps would be the primer bulb and making sure all fuel lines are tight
    Don't lick my boat, It makes it sticky!

Another Hitman for the Sunshine Syndicate!!

2011 Seafox Viper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Primer bulb should not get hard. If it goes flat, there's a fuel restriction behind it.

Kind of sounds like my motor. The more hours I put on it, the worse it gets. I have to keep pitching down or I can't get on plane.
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can be wrong but it sounds like your fuel pump diaphrams need replacement for fuel is passing into the block via the fuel pump,check them as I said I can be wrong.

Markus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wildcat is

on the right track. My 2.4 was acting similar to your 70hp when my fuel diaphram ruptured. Fuel was entering the crankcase and flooding out the engine really bad. If I was able to get it up on plane it would make power and use a ton of fuel. The primer ball would go flat and the motor would stall.
    yanny

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres how i stand now

Aight i replace the fuel hose from the primer bulb to the motor and a new bulb and put it in a trashcan full of water and put it in gear and tried it. Seemed perty good.
    Next we took it to the river and tried it SAME thing. I was unable to break it over at first but after about 5-7 min. of trying i was able to break it over. once onplane i kept it onplane for about 10 min. making some passes at higher speeds. In that time it used aproximately 2+ gallons. I just pulled off the fuel pump and the check valve seems to be good I can suck on the outlet and blow on the inlet and it seems well, can't do the vice aversa. On the fuel pump there are four inlet/outlets one from the tank, one to the screen/carb, and then one the last to are just joined to each other by a hose. What does the last two do? Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDCAT2.5
    I can be wrong but it sounds like your fuel pump diaphrams need replacement for fuel is passing into the block via the fuel pump,check them as I said I can be wrong.

Markus
    I agree with this! very good chance!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do i know if the diaphram is good or not? The one on right now is still sealed up to the block, so all i see is one side and it appears to be in good condition w\o any tears or major holes. What's your take on this? thanks