Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Suzuki 200 4 Strokes?

Anyone have any feedback on these? Guy at work is looking at a new boat that is rigged with one. Thanks
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    none from me, but at least this thread is going back to the top. Good luck.

fish

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None from me either. I keep poking in here looking for a post about a new verado/DI motor/new whatever motor and how it runs like this....and I am not seeing any. Somebody out there has to be running them now, most been out a while.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya seems odd no one has one???

Anyway, the guy here at work is seeing how much less motor. He's going to look at Honda and I told him to look at Yamaha as well. He's looking at a 23ft Hurricane Boat and wants a 4 stroke.

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Brad,
    There are hundreds of them here. The 115 & 140hp's are bullet proof. The 250 hp motors were popping left and right. Water was getting in the oil. I think they got them straightened out now. Very popular motors in my town.

Have your buddy look at "the big picture" when he's considering brands. The valve adjustments on the Honda's and Suzuki's are expensive if you can't do it yourself. The Verado's don't need any scheduled valve adjustments.

The direct injected motors are getting equal or better fuel consumption and no scheduled maintaince. Something to consider.

There are only a handfull of the 200's . I helped a buddy hang a 200 Suzuki on his 21' Whaler. Another guy has a identical hull with a 200 Honda. The Suzuki smokes the Honda. He's more than happy with it. His valve adjustment cost him over $300.00 at the Suzuki dealer.
    Last edited by AlaskaStreamin; 07-13-2005 at 11:21 AM.

Ron Pratt
    '91 Virage "The LAST Virage" 15" 280
    26' Grady White "fish getter"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ron.

I'll pass it on.

Brad

RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have him look at the 200xs or the 2.5xs depending on the boat they will sure match the 4 strokes. on heavy boats the school still out??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 suzuki is by far fastest 4 stroke of the conventional breeds... 225 yamaha is about equal in speed on same hul due to added weight of that engine.. the local dealer here in town is a good friend of mine and on a 20' 2600 lb aluminum hull they push a 24.5 P 16" diameter prop at the limmiter at 63.5 mph, the 250 will run a 26P on the same boat around 68 mph good engines for a 4 stroke.. they get my vote lnog before any other brand lighter, narrower, faster, bigger prop to push the big hulls,deaper gearing to assist hole shot.. offset driveshaft to keep midsection smaller in profile.. and if you want it in white buy it in BMC colors as a johnson..

keep this in mind yamaha, honda and merc are all over 600 lbs dry rigged the suzuki is within a few lbs of the optimax around 525-550 lbs..

the fact that a valve adjustment must be made every couple years is a good thing.. it lets someone visably see the cams, lifters, rockers, and tips of the valvs to makesure everything is still in check... no maintaince is not necessarily a good thing if a cam flattens before the first schedualed cracking of cover. anual inspections is a goodthing in my opinion.. also the suzuki engines are the only good looking narrow profile 4 stroke that isnt absolutly huge... even the verado is wider than the suzuki.. the 55 degree block makes it all possible.. light, fast, narrow,good looking.. but if it were me get the 250.. same block, has the VVT and multi path intake and a broader torque curve than the 200 and is the same weight.. and just a little more $$$

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard, or rather did not hear a new 140hp engine the other day at the lake on the back of a Fish and Ski. Very quiet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After owning a df175 suzuki 4 stroke, i would buy another in a heartbeat! unbelieveable economy, quiet, o vibration and fast. showed no signs of corrosion salt water use. just once a year oil change 8 qts10/40. fastest starting motor ever, even after sitting for weeks. all computer warning systems, user friendly. i miss the ole girl.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bumped a 13 year old thread to tell us that? Lol

And your salt water must be different then my salt water because suzuki's and honda resolve internally like nothing else around here. They run absolutely amazing with 0 issues until one day it's full of water all of a sudden or the plug in the exhaust blows out.