Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thundercat inflatable advice needed.

Hey guy's, i'm looking at an inflatable thundercat thats been left in the sun and had the glu break down. The whole side of the boat had peeled of when I saw it about a year ago but since then it has been re-glued. It is still coming apart in some areas though and it has a small leak. It's got a 50 yamaha and is a 1999 model package for $4250. Do you think it's worth the risk? The boat has also had the transom replaced recently. I just wan't one to learn on for a year or so, then I will sell it again. What do you think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riverrat321

I allso have one of these inflatables that the glue has broke down,my boat is about 3 yrs old and has the race transome ,I would take $750.00 for it if your interested,theres a place in ST Pete that can fix them like new (THEY SAY ) if your interested call john 941-365-2584 or 941-685-9374

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Too much $$

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat321
    Hey guy's, i'm looking at an inflatable thundercat thats been left in the sun and had the glu break down. The whole side of the boat had peeled of when I saw it about a year ago but since then it has been re-glued. It is still coming apart in some areas though and it has a small leak. It's got a 50 yamaha and is a 1999 model package for $4250. Do you think it's worth the risk? The boat has also had the transom replaced recently. I just wan't one to learn on for a year or so, then I will sell it again. What do you think?
    $4250 sounds really high for a boat in that kind of shape. Last year I bought a LIKE NEW 00 Dux Hammerhead/00 Nissan/trailer & stainless props for 5k. I'd shop around you can do better !! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, i'm from Sydney Australia though. It seems hard to get one under $4500 here. Brand new the boat only is worth over $7000 for a gemeni. Mabe I should look at importing one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Oh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat321
    Thanks guys, i'm from Sydney Australia though. It seems hard to get one under $4500 here. Brand new the boat only is worth over $7000 for a gemeni. Mabe I should look at importing one.
    Sorry I missed where you live............that could make a little difference !! Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any other ideas or additional info would be great if anyone has anything else to share.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take some photos and get the opinions of someone who can do the repairs. I think All Inflatable Boats (http://www.allinflatableboats.com.au) would probably be your closest dealer. Midcoast Marine on the Gold Coast is another good source of knowledge, I came across a similar deal once and they gave me the straight info. There's normally at least one for sale in the trading post each week, so don't be afraid to let this one go if it looks like trouble.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't do it, I fix inflatables all day long, the hull is all done, once thay been cooked like that , its over, can send a new one out thare, look for one of the top brands, Aquauris, Gemini, Mako/Ballistic, Cezer,
    if its not one of them, its a Pool Toy
    Last edited by Fast Fred; 03-04-2005 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know how many years you can get out of these things? If there only good for 5 years or so it looks like i might be better off buying new when I can afford it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one 8yrs old, not a pach on it , sold it,its still out thare, top SA brands are the best, when your not in it keep it out of the sun, don't let it bake, don't keep it at full psi when your not in it, gots some inflatable modas out thare, you get what you pay for. check out "Superlight Tunnel Power" in the motors for sale