Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AOF Announcement

AOF is again pleased to bring the drag boaters the AOF Drag Boat Nationals in Eustis, FL April 16-18. We had this planned last year before the many hurricanes forced us to cancel.
    AOF was incorporated in 1971 with drag boats as a division. For some reason we lost each other for a long while. The last few years we have been picking up a drag race here and there to add to our venue of kneel downs.
    It is exciting that we have now officially incorporated the drag racing division back into our Federation.
    I want to thank everyone for their help in making this happen. Hats off to all of ODBA who encouraged us to have a grass roots racing venue for all of you.
    AOF can keep your memberships down and your sanctions affordable for putting on races. Hopefully we can bring the unincorporated river racers into a program that sponship is not needed but where they can gain some national recognition. This is a good step to moving up and over to ODBA racing, or just providing a little more protection with insurance if racers want to stay where they are at.
    AOF will also be keeping national points and an AOF High points winner will be crowned at the end of the season. (I will need help with point keeping, as it has been since the nationals in Independence, Iowa that I did any drag scoring ). We will be adding drag boats to our new website that is still under construction at:
    http://aofraces.com. Check back frequently for AOF drag boat news.
    If you have any questions, want to help with the drag boat division of AOF, or wnt to yell at me, email me at
    executivedirector@aofraces.com
    Thanks so much for making this a reality.
    And ps, I personally want to thank ODBA for changing thier date. What a great bunch of people you drag boaters are!
    Connie Payn
    Executive Director
    Last edited by AOFOffice; 02-09-2005 at 07:57 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news!

Connie, Did you ever get the E-mail I sent you about the pictures from the Eustis Race? If not let me know and I will re-send it....
    Bill
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Category Name Contest

Bill,
    Thank you for sending. Unfortnately I live in the middle of IowaCorn and have no speedy internet service because it dosn't exist here yet. It was taking forever to download. Could you please send the pics to our webmaster at:
    webmaster@aofraces.com

We will beworking on the drag section this week end.
    ANYONE who has news about the drag boats, pics, etc are encouraged to send to our webmaster.
    I am now thinking maybe the drag boat division of AOF should have a sexy or colorful name. I would offer a free yearly membership to a drag boater who comes up with the best name for your new division. X rated not permitted, although if you send to me privately, I am sure I will get a good laugh.
    My vote would be the AOF Scream and Fly Drag Division. What is yours?
    Connie Payn
    Executive Director, AOF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I didnt send any pics, they were just a couple of questions, what size pics and how many etc..., If you have a mailing address you want them sent to, I can send an entire CD of the Eustis Pics I have....over 100.....your choice...
    Bill

comin' up lame on the name thing tho....but I have never been to good at that sorta stuff anyway....however, you may get some good ideas off of here, there are some REALLY colorful people on here.....
    Wile E. Coyote: (acceleratus vulgaris)

Its amazing how heavy a GPS can be.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race dates!

15th setup day
    16th race
    17th race

Connie i sent an email to your webmaster to update your site with the new dates.