Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working on gt-150 again

Weather has changed so I fliped over the hull and started todo pad. By extending the outside edge of the two intermost strakes 20'' back to the transom this makes pad 14'' wide. The pad will be 1'' taller than the higest part of the vee and again 14'' wide. 3'' tall at the outside edge of pad. Questions are--- is this tall enough, should I stop pad before transom , to help in setback and trim, can I bulkhead this off and angle hull 3 to 5 degrees bow up, then mix epoxy, slow hardner with 1/4'' strans, pour , and let it settle out? thanks, Mac.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't think you'll like a 3" tall pad. The early Venture bassboats had a tall/wide pad and were extremely hard to drive, at least for me. A shallower pad does still allow for some level of stability from chine walk from the V, probably hydro and aero dynamics combined. The higher you jack it from the water the more driver input it's gonna require to keep it on the pad.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for input, Raceman

I now have the pad layed out for 2'' at the outside edge flush in height with the bottom of vee. If I put a straight edge from the pad edge to the turned down chine edge there is a 1''space between straight edge and the two lift strakes on the side I'm measuring . the pad will hopefully have a 3-4% angle and start 6' from stern;I guess I will bring it back to transom edge,whats your thoughts on making it parallel with the keel { flat } for 2', then taper up to 0 at the starting point 6' from transom? I also thinking about offsetting tank and battery box to offset my increasing girth. Does this work or is it a feel good thing? I'll probally use a small manual jackplate as step Son has been excepted to a small college in flordia. Have you ever or anyone else bent plastic for windshields? some cat wanted 600 to do mine that has a crack, for 600 I'll make it work. thanks, Mac

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to know how to set that boat up and make it go fast

"just call my brotherinlaw BillyBob. BillyBob got the fastest boat in the whole damm riva. BillyBob surenuff fix his ass.....Go on call BillyBob!"
    TC