Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford Transmission Warranty Problems

I own a 1996 f-250 with a powerstroke and the DAMN AUTOMATIC thatis so famous for CARNAGE of EXPENSIVE PARTS it has 222000 miles and the trans was Just replaced for the 4th time at 200,000 miles and I was just told that after 9 months and 22,000 miles that a 3 year /36000 mile warranty would not cover the damage to the Torque converter, front pump, and planetary gears that GRENADED in my truck becayse FORD is claiming that it was "modified" from factory condition because I have a BANKS Trans Command hooked TO THE HARNESS of the transmission. .. NONE of the transmissions I have had installed in the vehicle HAVE EVER EVEN had their transmission pans removed because the tranys dont last long enough to get to the transmission filter change interval...

any one else have this problem with getting replacements under warranty????

I have filed a law suit against the dealer that installled it last april siting the fact that they APPROVED the replacement last time WITH THE BANKS on it, and even stated that the banks KEEPS the parts TOGETHER

so this should be interesting...

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel this could get real interesting.... Unfortunately the Ford warranty is written so that ANY modification to the original factory unit will void the warrranty. Installation of aftermarket products/devices/performanes enhancers is definately a no-no in Fords view. It is written strong enough that they can fall back on it with absolutely no worries in cases like this. Your dealer, on the other hand, can really have his hands tied right now if they told you it was ok to use it AND it was approved under the warranty. Only sticky spot here is that you must have it in writing from the dealership at the time of installation that everything would be a-ok with the Banks unit.

Ford is famous for doing this and trying to weasel out of a warranty issue. But let me suggest something. Check into a Jasper re-man transmission for your vehicle. When they re-man a unit, a lot goes into r&d of why the original units fail. They then redesign whatever is causing the problem to be certain that the units Jasper sends out will not meet the same fates as the factory units. I have had the chance to go to the Jasper plant and see this for myself. We use Jasper for all of our engine and tranny replacements and have had only one problem EVER with a Jasper transmission. Ford C6 tranny, had a sticking governor. No big deal, Jasper next day aired one to us and the customer was back on the road. Oh, and they come with a nation-wide 3yr/75000 mile warranty that is your warranty, so it is good at any shop that deals with Jasper. Just a thought for ya.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Npartin

Was the dealer the one who told you that the trans. would not be replaced, or was it a Ford fact. rep.? Did you call the Ford Consumer line ( 800-392-3676 )?Chuck.
    CHUCK & TRACY FREELAND

1990 25 Talon with twin Merc. 300XS's
    1983 Mako 21 with Merc. 225.
    www.Fullthrottlepowerboats.com

NEVER FORGET 9/11

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cellphone, food stamps, section 8 housing, a six-pack of beer and he'll vote for a Democrat the rest of his life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beer 30 It was DEALER who INSTALLED trans WITH BANKS TRANSCOMMAND ALREADY INPLACE!!! when asked about aftermarket parts the dealer who sold installed and CLAMED to have repaired the trans 7 times prior to it going out IN 9 MONTHS!!!!! NEVER said trans command was problem or would cause warranty to be void and yes it is in writing.

also I have sunk 10 grand in to repair bills "not covered" in warranty on said transmission over last 9 months due to "not internal parts" (trans cooler, that CAME WITH TRANS KIT, trans cooler lines, ELECTRONICS GALORE (whole transmission PCM went out in 5 miles) if i win thew suit i will either get 1 or the other of 2 things. the truck will recieve a 6speed conversion using the new dodge 6 speed OR i will have a new truck as the lemon laws in my state allow up to 3 times the dammages amount spent on remoding the orginal problem

This transmission LITERALLY SHIFTED RIGHT 5 times every shift after that was slow lagging and had about 1500rpm slip PER shift and the converter would lockup properly but under throttle it would slip up to 750 rpms under load so it was never right.

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jasper has a "Monster Box" trans that should solve your problems

It is built to take the abuse. They have one living behind a 750 horse PS. I just talked to my Jasper rep a couple of weeks ago about them, because we have a bunch of customers with modded or programmer equipped Ford PS diesels. Check them out here: http://www.jasperengines.com/monster-box.htm .

As far as dealing with Ford, believe me, they deal with this all the time, and their response always seems to be the same, they take all of your money that they can get, and then don't back their product.
    Rickracer

Sunshine Syndicate Member

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[img]http:/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 friends who have late 90's F-series trucks, a 250 extended and a 350 short box. Both of their transmissions failed for the first time under 50,000 miles, and they were all-stock. Ford would only split the cost of repair for one, and the other guy was hosed for 2,500 to fix it at a shop because Ford wouldn't help. These were defective transmissions, pure and simple, a flawed design and Ford knows all about it...
    '89 Hydrostream Vegas XT, '90 Merc 2.4 Bridgeport PCU EFI
    My YouTube videos________My Flickr photo gallery
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1706097519

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Why is it?

My timing sucks. Yesterday I ordered a Ford re-man tranny for MY 99 F250 PS. I pulled up to a stop sign and that is what the tranny did. It stopped. No warning , no slipping, nothing, it just quit. Pumped original fluid out and new synthetic in at a local dealer about 40,000 ago. I dropped the pan to make sure it wasn't something simple like pick-up falling off and it was like new in there. There was some metal in pan but total was about the size of a BB. Sure wish I had heard about the Jasper tranny yesterday.
    Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have a hard time jumping on Jasper's band wagon. I bought one of their high perfomance engines (installed by their dealer) for my Class C motorhome which began to knock within 300 miles. After a delay of six weeks, they finally shipped a replacement. It started leaking oil before I left the shop. It leaked a little over a quart every 100 miles. They sent me to another dealer who kept it for a week and managed to get the leak down to a quart every 200 miles. On their advice I used and added oil while waiting for another replacement engine. The oil accumalated under the chasis and caught on fire before it arrived doing extensive damage to the motorhome. They jacked me around with one tale after another until it was too late to pursue in court. One year limit in Tennessee. These were engines they had supposedly assembled and run prior to shipping. Many dealers in this area will no longer sale their product due to similar experiences.
    Ray Neudecker Over The Hill Gang Outboard Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ronnie got a motor from jasper engines last year and put it in his dually and it already quit working. not a jasper fan either
    Helmut
    slow boats

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably don't matter

You can get a good Ford, a bad Ford, a good Chevy, a bad Chevy. I just started to remove my tranny and unless things improve dramaticly (sp) it ain't coming out anyway. Sure glad I have a Ford mechanic for a friend that boats but doesn't work on boat motors. Gonna be a long week-end. At least I feel better about getting the Ford tranny.
    Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Toyota made a 3/4 and 1 ton truck, Ford and Chevy would need to just pack it up and go home... It gets frustrating to pay these huge dollars for some of the things that these vehicle do....
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily on the bandwagon but....

....I've had experiences with quite a few rebuilders and Jasper is by far the best out of the bunch I've dealt with. The large majority of the other brands products are pure junk. Any of Jasper's products that I have had a problem with has been backed swiftly and decisively. Then again, I am not "their" dealer. But on the subject of the Ford trannys, the OE product is garbage, and most of the rebuilt stuff is too. At least the Jasper trans has addressed most (if not all) of the issues that have caused the demise of a large percentage of the OE transmissions. They have invested in test equipment that allows them to dynamically bench test valve bodies for leakage, and in the process, have found many that need to be scrapped due to internal hemorrhaging.

To sum up:
    Ford = garbage
    Jasper = some serious improvements, including testing.
    Re-engineered clutch packs
    Re-engineered valve body and accumulator
    Re-engineered torque converter
    Upgraded planetaries to Ford's heaviest duty applications
    Rickracer

Sunshine Syndicate Member

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[img]http:/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    why is it that you cant find a new a 99 up f250 , 350 with a manual tranny?
    a friend of mine from kissemie fl (sp) has a 00 250 4door AUTO psd and has had lots of trouble wit it... my neighbor has a 03 4 dr long box f350 psd 6spd and besides bangin the fender up in the snow he hasnt had a problem with it almost 90k on it now dads got a 97 f350 psd and had a problem at 140000.. the bearings dropped out of the pressure plate, threw it all out of balance still worked fine but if you pushed the cluch in while you were doin over 2000 rpm the whole thing would raddle and shake cause it was out of balance they were replaced and the problem dissapeared...

point is
    IF AUTO MATICS SUCK! WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM??

KEVIN
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRANNYS!
    Last edited by baja200merk; 01-11-2005 at 07:25 PM.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Stryker
    If Toyota made a 3/4 and 1 ton truck, Ford and Chevy would need to just pack it up and go home... It gets frustrating to pay these huge dollars for some of the things that these vehicle do....
    And you think Toyota would have a better price.
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk
    why is it that you cant find a new a 99 up f250 , 350 with a manual tranny?
    a friend of mine from kissemie fl (sp) has a 00 250 4door AUTO psd and has had lots of trouble wit it... my neighbor has a 03 4 dr long box f350 psd 6spd and besides bangin the fender up in the snow he hasnt had a problem with it almost 90k on it now dads got a 97 f350 psd and had a problem at 140000.. the bearings dropped out of the pressure plate, threw it all out of balance still worked fine but if you pushed the cluch in while you were doin over 2000 rpm the whole thing would raddle and shake cause it was out of balance they were replaced and the problem dissapeared...

point is
    AUTO MATICS SUCK! WHY DO PEOPLE STILL BUY THEM??

KEVIN
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRANNYS!
    My friend in Alaska has 250k on his automatic Ford! My other Freind has 165k on his! I have 80k on my psd!
    So what's your point!
    Sound like a broke record! my friend this my friend that!
    If man makes it! It will break!
    So! What's your point!
    My this-my that!
    Makes my a%% crawl!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast