Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adapter plates

Thats an opinionated question and since there has been THOUSANDS of posts as to the pro and cons of the benifits or the lack there of comparing adapters plates , tuners sizes , lengths and shapes I won't go any farther other than to say I like the progressive rectangle tuner and adapter( 1992-95 ish EFI ) after modifications have been done. Moving air DOES NOT like to drasticly change shapes when in a volicity situation. My opinion is that different shapes of tuners ( oval ) was no more than a marketable ploy to get the comsumer to spend money , on what was believed the to be the "new real meal deal". And testing them both I have found that in a controlled enviroment the new was no better , just another smoke show! If I were in the market for a adapter plate I would buy the 2.5 one piece plate with tuner attached that I could get cheaper either shaped. There are some older "bargin" pieces out there that are just as good but have been disguarded and sold at a reduced price because they are "dated" and I assure you you will not see the difference on a stop watch or a GPS.

Jay @ JSRE
    Jay @ JSRE