Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'98 Merc Carbed 200 hp - More HP Mods

New to this forum. I have a pair of '98 Mercury Carbed Offshore 200 HP engines. Right now, they turn up to about 6200 rpm and at that speed, I only get 54 mph on a 28' Baja Sportfish. At 4200 rpm, the speed is 34.5 mph. I am turning stock Mirage plus props. What's the easiest way to get more HP out of these engines without spending a whole lot or getting too involved. I am NOT an engine mecahnic but I do have a brother who works on Mercs for a living and he could perform whatever minor surgery may be required. Any help would surely be appreciated. Perhaps looking to bump them to 225 or 250 apiece or so. Thanks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Yo brother iz tha man...

If your brother iz a Merc mechanik, and will do ya work, he will be tha man to talk to...He will know how U use your bote, and what will be tha best route to take in your particular case...Theyz a lot that can be dun to bump up ya performance, but it may not fit your use...Like fer instance, your best pop for tha buck iz compression...BUT, stop and look at tha price ov premium fuel...will it be worth tha money for premium fuel for tha extra HP??...In my opinion, U need to butter up yo brother!!...REX

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merc HP

He will definitely do the work and is capable of it. I was just looking for a list of ideas, perhaps in descending order from lowest price and ease of work to highest price. That way, I can take the specific ideas to him and he can make the final choice. One last thing to consider--these mods will have to be done in the water since this boat is not trailerable. Any list or group of suggestions would be most appreciated. As far as the prop goes, I use the boat mainly for fishing and my main goal here is probably to bump up my cruise speed by about 5-10 mph without loss of top end. Thus, I do not want to switch from 3 bladed props to foour bladed. Top end gain is important but not crucial.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey

Ya migth need 3.0s

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)