Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted, sorry, no harm no foul.
    Car, trucks and houses are something everyone is going to lie about!
    They always payed less than you for there car and more for there house than you did!

Well, we have found out one thing! This started as a dicussion between a Power Stoke and A Nissan Titan!

Well seems the Titan is not in the game!

I'm don't ever exspect the truth to come out about what truck is better. Truth is, if you love it- buy it- drive it.
    So, what's next!
    My vacum cleaner has 25hp, and can hold up a basket ball!
    Only uses 1 watt of electrical power! And is blue with gold stripes!(24 krt) .
    Only paid 2 dollars at a yard sale at the factory!
    Built at the Loony Toons Factory!
    Signed buy Bugs Bunny himself!
    “The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on all accounts SS.. We disagree on one anothers information with no personal malice, all is still sunny... At this point I feel as if I'm interuppting with the original thread starter, so I'm going to bow out and give this topic back to Mr. Reierson..
    Last edited by Ted Stryker; 09-22-2004 at 07:13 PM.
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Talking this is awsome!

from :http://bankspower.com/BraggingRights_smokestahoes.cfm

Jon of Olympic Valley, California, installed a Six-Gun, Speed-Loader and Monster Exhaust on an ’04 Ford turbo-diesel 6.0L F-350 Power Stroke

I just wanted to say thanks again for the best power upgrade I could possibly imagine for my ‘04 6 liter — more than I ever expected from a computer and exhaust. Not only does the exhaust have the perfect, non-intrusive tone, it also burns lower EGT's than my stock exhaust and cools faster. There is something to be said about a 7000 lb truck smoking blown Tahoe's and watching little import cars rapidly disappear in my mirrors! With that said, I will let anyone with my motor know how impressed I am by not only your knowledge of the product, but the quality, outstanding engineering and the drop in ease of installation of the exhaust and computer. Keep up the good work guys!
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a 5-10yr old truck, the Cummins likely will get better mpg all things equal. I know a guy with a 2wd that got 20mpg+ all the time though I don't think he went over 70mph. Problem with the Dodges has been keeping a tranny in them. It seems the smaller the motor the better the mpg unloaded, lower speeds give better mpg, and 2wds get better. With the new 6.0 PSD I don't think anything has much on it until another new motor is out. In about '02 the 7.3 was making enough power they had problems blowing rear ends...people started towing dozers and stuff like never before; because they could. Now the stock 6.0 is about the same as a chipped/exhausted '03 7.3...

Like I said before when you get near/over 10,000lbs that you are towing, a new diesel will work much better than a gas truck be it a Titan, Chevy, or anything else. Dodge would say the 8.0 V10 was so good towing, but it isn't. You will scream a gas motor to death and it will get poor mpg all the time. The big trucks have them oil burners for a reason, but now they run so good it is just unreal. You go up a hill with a gas motor on the floor eyeballing the temp gauge, with a diesel you don't think twice about it...unless you put a big chip in then you check the EGT while you pass everyone.

I don't think you would go wrong with any of the new diesels now, but you have to figure what you need to pull and the distance/hills you pull it over to know if the extra cash is worth it. You can buy lots of gas for the extra $4K or so. Then there is the cool factor of the diesel, one I value highly but some don't like. Also those heavy trucks don't drive all car-like like the half tons do if that matters. I don't mind it, but really would not prefer to drive my big diesel on a daily basis; I'll take the car to run to the store any time. If I need to pull/haul something, nothing is better. I don't even feel it when a little 2K lbs boat is back there.

That is another factor over a smaller/lighter truck also; the greater safety factor when towing. That heavy diesel will handle weight safer than a lesser truck should you have a problem. Usually all the drivetrain/brakes/springs/etc is much heavier and more durable as well. When I worked at a place with Fords towing, the stock brakes lasted 80K miles towing every day. Hard to complain about that. That weight can work against you if you like to run over mud holes however.

Of course you can chip the newer diesels and add huge gains in power. Can't do that with the gas motors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    one thing, down here when the hurricanes come through, most of the time diesel is easy to get. gas on the other hand, you aint gonna find, i had to put avgas in my car at one time
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DONOT CHANGE RING GEAR IN PSD

I can tell you fron experence you donot want to change the 4.10 ratio gears in the older PSD
    I have a Banks powerpacked LVL 4 big hoss chip 6" suspension lift and 35" tires with 3.73 rears and MY MILEGE SUX
    11-12 HW 8-10 on city... it was 18-20 stock with chip... If i still had stock gears i would put them back in. I converted to 99 F350 axles to get the solid axle and larger bolt patern for the wheels(got freebies) and IT really SUX the fuel down with the 3.73's

Friends Dodge 5.9B 600 gets 22mpg and has more power to boot..

PSD like open exhaust Instalation in my truck gained 10PSI @3400 to a total of 35PSI AND YES IT DOES SOUND LIKE A F 16

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

things that were are no longer as they are today...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by SSRENGINE
    but so is the Power Strock. IE: International DT466-v8.

The DT466 is an inline 6. Trust me, I've rebuilt more of them than I care to remember.
    Last edited by CDave; 12-07-2004 at 06:44 AM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F250

I towed a 28ft Skater with my F250 T/D and I had a Superchips Programmer on it. The programmer made a huge difference and it got about 19mpg, 15mpg towing. Gas mileage on the highway depends on how fast you travel. Over 70 mph the gas mileage goes down quick. If you tow a lot the F250 will win hands down.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IU wish i was that lucky.... MPG wise anyway... my engine may just be getting tired... it has 230k on it by the way the powerstroke in international terms is a DT444E not DT466E

the 6.0L is a VT365E

4-16-2014. 25 years old today... the fishin boat doesnt look to bad for a classic does she

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: DONOT CHANGE RING GEAR IN PSD

Originally posted by npartin
    I can tell you fron experence you donot want to change the 4.10 ratio gears in the older PSD
    I have a Banks powerpacked LVL 4 big hoss chip 6" suspension lift and 35" tires with 3.73 rears and MY MILEGE SUX
    11-12 HW 8-10 on city... it was 18-20 stock with chip... If i still had stock gears i would put them back in. I converted to 99 F350 axles to get the solid axle and larger bolt patern for the wheels(got freebies) and IT really SUX the fuel down with the 3.73's

Friends Dodge 5.9B 600 gets 22mpg and has more power to boot..

PSD like open exhaust Instalation in my truck gained 10PSI @3400 to a total of 35PSI AND YES IT DOES SOUND LIKE A F 16
    you dont think that it was the tires that killed the fuel milage? wouldnt the higher gearing bring revs down on the highway and increase milage? i rarly tow anything...

kevin
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the gears took it out of powerband.... I had the tires before and got 16-18 mpg... those engines like to cruse around 2200 on the highway

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

This tread has been dead for 2 months

“The bitterness of poor quality & service remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3