Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better Toys

That is great looking voo doo!

Where abouts are you on the Pool? A bunch of us used to work over at the severn lodge, some still do! You can find us hanging out at the White's Falls bridge, swimming, smokin and boating all summer long!
    -child

'87 Voo-Doo
    DAF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh the good old small boat threads! New voodoos eh thats sick!! Where abouts are you located? Petes what are you guys up to this weekend?

Orchard
    SST60 #87

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Voo Doo

Looks very sweet!

I got nothing going on! Maybe a trip to the Loo is in order!
    Last edited by voo-doo_child; 01-24-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    -child

'87 Voo-Doo
    DAF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pool is the body of water I have to boat in. I am actually off the pool in one of its side lakes. I am in Maclean Lake. The waves are never to big for the doo there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am guessing you guy don't have your small boats at the falls. What else are you driving? We have been living here on the water for 4 years without a boat last year we went a little crazy with boats. Hopefully this year we will have em so we can meet with you at the falls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails voodoo top front.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i had my delta i used to park it at the falls but in the critchfield just drove by!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Falls

I park the voo doo at the falls. sometimes if i am taking a boat load of people i bring the tin boat. there are a number of good spots to park.

I usually put my boat in the water atleast once a year on gloucester, so we should do some ripping this spring summer fall.

That new deck looks really sweet, got any more pics?
    -child

'87 Voo-Doo
    DAF

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better Toys

That voo doo looks familiar!
    Took ya a while to post eh?

I think that a yellow SRV would look better on that trailer than that little puddle pumper!
    Are you coming by the shop this weekend? I think were pulling Robs deck and Chris's hull?
    A Moron Brother
    2005 Hydrostream Canada V-King

RIP Greg Hearn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yah...

the voodoo looks sweet!!!!!!
    A Moron Brother
    2005 Hydrostream Canada V-King

RIP Greg Hearn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I am just about out of photos. At least of the ones sitting still. A nice one there of the cowl before I repainted it. I am working on the motor again now. I just finished mapping and degreeing the motor. Next I will raise the ports to between performance and race heights. (It still needs to idle) The flywheel needs to loose about 4 pounds. The heads have snail compression cc's (about 33.1) So I have to plain the head down till they are at 27. The lower unit (which is a true stinger) is getting a low water pick-up and cone. I have cut the tunner down. There is a custom 5 blade prop being built for it as well. If it works I can get them for anyone. The proto type one built for my other boat ran suprisingly fast. 3-4 miles faster on average than the compriable 3 blade. Weird eh, and a hole shot.. The trailer would look much better with the matching yellow boat. Hopefully soon. I may go to the shop this weekend if the trails arn't open. If they are I was thinking of dusting off the snowhawk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unpainted cowl small.jpg   voodoo with doos doo showing..sept 17 06 gorgeous day .JPG  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I forget to mention this is my wife's boat. Her nick name is dooders so doo's doo seemed like a great name. She lets me tinker on it till my boat comes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the deal any way, I am not allowed to have every toy. So the boat is hers, at least technically. I have always wanted one since I first saw them around 20 years ago. She does not like it when I take her much above 50 in it. (I have had 53 with the two of us) As a matter of fact she really prefers a much sloooower ride around the lake.

rv on lake in hillsdale/house in lincoln park
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    were did you buy the voodoo im thinkin abot gettin one for my next boat next summer
    1967 geniva 15ft 40hp merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would consider selling you mine if your are interested. Now that I finally have had one (voodoo) I think I would always want one. You have to start driving it at about 55. (it starts to climb on pad there) and that is where there real fun really starts. You can really enjoy driving in a smaller lake as you are driving at 55 and not 90. Even in a larger lake from a calm to medium day. I have had it in lake of bays this summer when the waves came up to about 3 feet. It was a little worrysome but actually was quite impressive still. The bottom has the hook taken out and blueprinted. I was afraid that with the hook gone it would ride loose at slower speeds when you don't really want it to. Which it does, but if you trim it down slightly it glues to the water with incredible stability and launches true with great balance off a wave still at 50. Trim it up and you can hear the water noise travel down the hull as it starts to fly till it is only coming off the rear of the pad. The new style voodoo has a 20 inch transom instead of a 22 inch which allows a short shaft motor to be mounted and plane easily. But if you want to race it a bit a transom jack is needed (inclued) so you can raise the motor and get your top speed. The origional Voo doos were 22 inch transoms which is the right height for racing but made it difficult to plane a short shaft motor any other time. This voodoo weighs just over 650 pounds fully rigged with a full tank of fuel. The onboard sealed battery weighs less than 10 pounds. A 650 gph bilge, horn, lights and sterio controlled by electronic switch panel. All Livorsi guages- GPS speedo, water pressure, water temp, and tach. Clarion CDM-4 sterio and Clarion marine speakers. Teleflex steering, 12 inch race wheel. Flush mount shifter. Hot foot pro foot throtle. Anodized blue bezels and pop up cleats. Black marine carpet through out. Custom matching rear hatch cover. I am getting the seat redone. Although new in shape now the new seat will have more padding in the rear and a boulster across the front (still matching in colour) There is about $2000 in equipment and accessories and the boat alone retails for $5500+tax. I would sell the boat for $6000 without the motor. The power head started as a mid 90's 70 3 cylinder. The motor has a short mid, Stinger lower unit which is now sent out for a low water pick-up and nose cone. The fly wheel is being machined from 11 to about 7.5 pounds. This will greatly help acceleration and top RPM. The rods and pistons are balanced. The pistons are lightened and port matched. The motor is ported for high performance almost to full race specs. All the mapping and degree charts for the ports and timing will go with the motor. The head is planed. The motor will need to run on premium with TK7 additive for reliability assurance. It should push the boat to excess of 70 now and still idle for slower joy rides. The 23 pitch DAH prop will come with the motor. I am himming and hawing here on a price for the motor as it is hard to replace. Knowing I will need another for the next Voodoo. Adding up the parts I will sell it with the motor for $4200. If you are interested I will just have to tell my wife. There is a windshield available for this boat that looks awesome. I was going to order one for the spring. It is $250 I think. Sorry guys that is a lot of detail writing.
    Last edited by Better Toys; 01-29-2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sell It?

Hopefully not until we get a look at her at the falls!

I'd love to see a picture of the new windshield!
    -child

'87 Voo-Doo
    DAF

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast