Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noah

Thanks for the technical info. Yes i drained and refilled the unit before using it. I also always recheck each time out for a couple times after any service takes place. I was told it was from a good buddy. I said "I'm trusting the case is as repesented. Do you trust in your buddy as far as the repesentation." Trust me i totally understand the durability aspect as that was not my complaint. I did not ask for my money back EVER! I asked him if he wanted to help make it right (Like call his buddy he trusts and see what the deal was or give me his #.) If it was my friend that did me that i would be on his ass because i am sure any other buyer here or anywhere else would be on my ass. Thats just not how i deal. I NEVER INTENDED THIS THREAD TO TURN OUT LIKE THIS. I'm just trying to salvage some junk i was sold.
    Lake Racer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salvage

This might help you some. The case on your unit will accept any "ALPHA" style gears and internals. so if you can round up some parts you can rebuild the unit into a right hand unit by just replacing the damaged pieces with internal from a unit that might have a bad case. We often have to actually split housings with a saw just to get them apart. I have use stock parts in a cle and cle parts in a stock housing. Both will interchange if you know which to use. The gears in a CLE are almost identical to a stock gear with exception of the reverse gear internal diameter as are the rest of the pieces. Get up a list of what you have that's actually bad and I'll see if we can help. You should be able to put it back in shape with a few used parts for a reasonable price. I just put a gearcase together for Scotty McClure to try at the ODBA race in Chattahoochee for nearly nothing out of left over parts from several old units. If the parts aren't hurt thay can be used, sometimes even repaired. I've actually torn down old corroded salt water units only to find the internals were like new. Glad to help if we can. Lower units are much like Merc V-6 powerheads , a lot will interchange.
    Eagle One
    www.eagleoneperformance.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The words to this song have changed. If that's the way you want to sing it, OK by me.

The lower unit came from Dennis F. You have his number.

Keith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least......

reading this thread wasn't a total waste of time. Thanks NOAH for the good info. I have a cle housing that's almost new, but needs parts. Just waiting on the right warranty job...
    DAVE
    Have you ever stopped to think............and forget to start again?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right

FUNNY, THATS WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE POWERHEAD TOO.
    Lake Racer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2