Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

war record

Why not get G.W. to bring out his wing man , when he fought to save Texas from attack by Oklahoma ? You do a diservice to a good man like McCain, hell I would have voted for him!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McCain

I would trust McCain more than Bush or Kerry.
    2005 TRIAD STV EURO
    421 HP OMC 3.3 EFI by STOKER
    16" Taylor mid, Merc sporty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True enough...there wasn't an eminent threat to the World in the plains of central Texas.

The one distincition I see, is that I havn't seen any commercials touting Bush's "Battle tested" leadership. Nor have I seen the Bush camp telling the World that Bush is more qualified to handle military issues because of his stint in the Air National Guard.

Personally, as a Navy Veteran myself, I wouldn't be patting myself on the back as a battle hardened leader when I didn't even qualify to steer the boat(literally, Kerry never qualified as officer of the deck on his boat....a absolute requirement for command).

So, when he says things about the quality of his leardership or the "command" of his boat...take it with a grain of salt. Offically, in the US Navy's eyes he was found unfit for command(He was a OOD non qual and recieved below average fitness reports).

Hate to bring up unflattering things about a Navy coleague who served in VietNam, but the facts are, as they say, the facts.

Bill
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Allison XS-2003/280 MERCURY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they just let him drive the boat one time???? Guess he thinks that put him "in command" in his mind. What a joke. My uncle was a WWII vet, joined at 16. He drove a Higgins boat dropping marines on the beach. I would dare to say he was twice the navy man Kerry was. He never talked very long about what he saw as a teenager. My experience has been those who talk alot about it saw little in war.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe The Liberal Media

should ask the troops who they would surpport. I'm sure they aren't allowed to tell that to the media, but I think I know W ho they would surpport!
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citizens in unifiorm are allowed to voice political views, as long as they don't do it in uniform. They do it as their opinion not as an official role.
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm home now and I've looked at your replies SKYWAGON. My Dad was a motor mechanic on PBY's in WWII so I'm also PROUD of the Navy, plus Annapolis is a wonderful place in Mayland, But I can't go along with what you are saying about him not commanding that boat. He's not the Imaculate Conception but those men that served under him would not lie, you know that, they are Navy men.

J. Lamb: I'm sure your uncle was a man to be proud of, and also part of the Navy. Those men who served with Kerry who got on stage and spoke for him in front of the country, would not lie with their families watching, Don't you think?

And INXS: I've read a lot of you 819 posts and would ask why are you so bitter? What happened? We are all on the same spaceship, EARTH, Let's try to keep from killing ourselves. Mac

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mac lu24,

I hear what you are saying...no one's perfect but I have read some of his published fitness reports. Not to mention in every picture I have seen of him in uniform is not wearing a SWO pin or a Command At Sea pin....in Navy terms that means not qualified.

Regardless, I saw the guys on stage with him...it was impressive but what is even more convincing is the retired Admirals, Command Master Chiefs and other officers that have come out against him. They, along with his service record make a compelling argument.

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesui...video_wmv.html

Take a look at this video, it is being broadcast nationally on network television.

Bill
    Last edited by skywagon; 08-06-2004 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 nephews in the middle east.

One in Afganistan- which I agree with.
    One in iraq- which I don't agree with.

Both are oustanding young men with families.

Bush could have enlisted in the regular Air Force but didn't!!!!!!!!!!!1
    1977 Python Inline150
    Carlson CT15/90 RUDE(SWEET AND LOW). SOLD!
    Bentley 200Cruise/90hp Evinrude. SOLD!
    Talon18/150Merc: Getting Upgrades. SOLD!
    77 Viking recored SOLD!
    97 Moomba Boomerang SOLD!
    00 Mirage Ski Racer 2.5 200 SOLD!
    1997 Superboat 454/Magnum

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    skywagon
    I don't even know what rank kerry was but if he was an officer and not a technical officer then he is a line officer and has the abiltity to command. The star on the shoulder boards deal. I know you know what I'm talking about so whats the thing here?

Fulltilt I think Bush did much as Clinton did didn't he? Not sure on that but seems that when a republican runs against a democrat and the R is a vet and the D is not its a big deal. When its reversed never comes up?
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W didn't turn on HIS people.

Kerry let a lot of vets catch MORE CRAP over a war they had no control.

It all amounts to pointing fingers with no resolve. DO SOMETHING, then let us know what you've done.

I gave at the office
    The check is in the mail
    and I won't ...............

Eldest Moron Brother
    SOLD 95 Euroski
    99 2.5 280+

Delta w/ 75 Stinger 55+

RIP RPM Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mac lu24
    Well, I'm home now and I've looked at your replies SKYWAGON. My Dad was a motor mechanic on PBY's in WWII so I'm also PROUD of the Navy, plus Annapolis is a wonderful place in Mayland, But I can't go along with what you are saying about him not commanding that boat. He's not the Imaculate Conception but those men that served under him would not lie, you know that, they are Navy men.

J. Lamb: I'm sure your uncle was a man to be proud of, and also part of the Navy. Those men who served with Kerry who got on stage and spoke for him in front of the country, would not lie with their families watching, Don't you think?

And INXS: I've read a lot of you 819 posts and would ask why are you so bitter? What happened? We are all on the same spaceship, EARTH, Let's try to keep from killing ourselves. Mac
    Mac, check my reply to LDM: http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...895#post503895
    I'm only bitter when someone points out that we souldn't protect our country from those who want to kill us, "The See No Evil Liberals"! Other then that I'm just having fun on the fourm!
    PS, "Lets Try To kill Them Before They Kill Us" sounds better!
    Last edited by INXS; 08-08-2004 at 07:00 AM.
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Techno,

In the United States Navy, Restricted and Un-restricted line officers have the ability to command a ship at sea. Notice I said ability. That being said, every Naval officer MUST qualify to do this generally within a specified time after attending Surface Warfare Officer school. You get the star on your shoulder boards after OCS...to officially back it up you must qualify. Just like after OCS a Navy pilot is designated an aviator but can't fly a plane yet because he hasn't been to flight school. 12 weeks in OCS doesn't mean your ready to take command of a ship. In Kerry's era Navy, and mine, this means first a basic Damage control qualification, at least 3 division officer qualifications(among other things like EOW) and most importantly Officer of the Deck. Division officer quals can be in several areas; main propulsion, communications, Ops etc. The officer of the deck on a navy ship is legally, in writing, in charge of the ship at the given time of his watch.

After getting these quals then an officer applies for his SWO qualification. An oral board is held in front of his CO and other officers. Once this hurdle is passed then an officer starts working toward his ultimate qualification...Command at Sea.

Guys I'm not pointing this out to make any one upset or feel bad. I'm just giving you all what I think is an important inside look at something that a potential leader of the U.S. is saying he did. To put it in the simplest terms....an officer that is not OOD qualified, SWO qualified and gets below average scores on his fitness reports is not, in my opinion, qualified to lead anyone let alone a country. Someone with this record is just like the "guy' that we all work with that talks a good game but never does anything to back it up. The guy that lets you do all the work but takes credit for himself. The guy that doesn't take his job/training seriously, and when the crap hits the fan guess who's doing all the work?

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what the guys who served with Kerry really think of him...

Guys who served with Kerry

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War time service

Bush Senior did more than Clinton!

Gore did more than Bush Jr, but less than Kerry!

Kerry did more than Bush Jr and Clinton or Gore!

Bush senior did more than Kerry!

Let's bring back Bush senior as President!!!!!!!!!!!
    1977 Python Inline150
    Carlson CT15/90 RUDE(SWEET AND LOW). SOLD!
    Bentley 200Cruise/90hp Evinrude. SOLD!
    Talon18/150Merc: Getting Upgrades. SOLD!
    77 Viking recored SOLD!
    97 Moomba Boomerang SOLD!
    00 Mirage Ski Racer 2.5 200 SOLD!
    1997 Superboat 454/Magnum

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast