Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bore Scope

Where did you get your bore scope? The only one I can find down here was on a Matco truck for $259.00 ! Help me out. If I have to , I'll send you some money to go get me one. Just to let you know what I have to deal with, here in Montgomery, Alabama, I called the local marine dealership and they said " we just pull the heads off and check them, It's alot cheaper than buying that bore scope thing and the customer pays for them." Lord help me, if it wasn't for the fishing I'd have to leave !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if this is what your after

http://www.mountainperformance.com/y...alty_tools.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ebay search page

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ty=MetaEndSort

they always have several of them. Ranging for around $100 and up.. You can also serch endoscope for other much higher dollor units..
    Lee McCune
    TowBoat US Captain ,Mechanic ,and E-bay salesman
    MY Marine related sales on E-bay

Join Towboat US here.. https://www.boatus-insurance.com/joinN.asp?WT10120W

http://www.salvagemaster.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation A.J.

Got mine at a local tool store.
    Was only about $15.
    Give me a call if you can't find one locally, I'd be glad to get you one.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gary, you are taling about just a bend-a-light correct?

I have a couple of them. Fleet Farm has a fiber optic add-on for a Mag-light for about 8 bucks that works well. Even bought one for each Amigo. I would like to pick up a bore scope though. If you can find bore scopes for $15.00, get me a hundred of em !!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bore scopes

a.j., balzy et al
    Guys my snap on millionare was at shop to swindl-oops collect from my broken down $$$ glass jar.
    we had a bore scope talk the snap on catalog has a few options i first got a bore scope [fiber optic device] to look into cylinders to ck the cylinder walls, ports,even ck out crank bearings. the first one was cheap approx 100.00 but cheap is the word. yes you can pull the head and see the same thing however how many times have you gone to the river to test and adjust with several pair of head gaskets,torque wrench and all? our shop is about 100 feet from lake and ramp and we use bore scope or even a bend a lite to look for problems. yes your boat shop will tell you it is easier to pull head he isnt footing bill for tool. you are for parts.as i said yesterday YOU need to get used to doing this. the one i have is approx 800.00 and i do not use it every day but when you have a customer pull a plug ck from 8500 rpms you do not to make a mistake.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, mines thwe basic cheapo version

Two double A batteries with a flexible whip going to a small bulb soldered on the end.
    Works fairly well though.
    Only problem I have is idenifying reflections off of the bore walls from what I'm really seeing??
    I do as Prof O/B told me to.
    I put a towel over my head to keep the sun out while using it.
    Stop laughing Balzy, it works and its the only I found that I could get with my Piggly Wiggly card
    P.S. sorry guys, I should have said light not scope. My bad.
    Last edited by Instigator; 11-14-2001 at 01:17 AM.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy My Buddy Balzy, now I know...

why there can only be three (3) Amigos. It's because you're too cheap to buy your other good buddies mag-lite fiber optic isicles. In fact, you are actually willing to only spend money on two (2) Amigos, because you don't count yourself.

Well, I already bought my own last summer and I'll be glad to share it with all the other OtterBoys and Thumper-Dumpers that boat with me, because I am loveable and caring too.
    Why, I would even share my glow toy with some of them flat-lander boaters like Capt. Kirk. I'd just put some tired batteries in the mag-lite so the fiber would shine "cheese-head yellow". Besides, why give one to Thumper? He doesn't even bother to look inside his OMC motor. He just checks to see if the plugs are fouling out because of non-ferrous build-up, cleans them, puts them back in and then hauls your and my sorry butts back to the trailer. Oh the shame, the shame!!

Non-Amigo Nick
    Nick Kaye, Wisconsin:Triad STV RR SS, 1/4 Master, DR-20 ,virgin DRX, 2 Sea Doo RXP jets, Air Nautique and 28' Bennington H2O Toys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bore scopes I was used to we rented. I think the deposit was $2500. Cannot recall the actual rent. It was surgical quality. You could see clear as a bell. We nick named it Mr. Bill because the end of it looked like a face, round mouth (the objective) with two eyes (lights). It had a 4 way knob where you could position it for different angles too. I think the cost of rig was $25,000. It was used to examine the inside of a turbine engine. I used one from Snap On. It was inferior ( guess I am spoiled). I pulled the heads off of my motor because I thought there was aluminum on the cylinder wall. It turned out to be a stain. Get you some head studs and pull the head when in doubt. I have heard of people reusing a head gasket once, but that maybe a whole 'nother can o' worms.
    [img]http://www.************.com/AdminSite/ImageUploads/med_BP_6_10_2002_62408_PM.jpg[/img]

Forkin' Crazy[img]//www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/rolleyes/rolleyes02.gif[/img]

A friend will come bail you out of jail.........but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn........we fu@#ed up!"