User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Willie Borsch car also. Very well done. Think I mentioned it before but a great touch would have been to put a Willie in the car doing a one handed drive. I go to a lot of estate/antique auctions and have found that glass cake pedestals with class covers are great to put models under. Cuts down on the dusting. Now that I have models of the gassers, I think the next will be superstocks--Color Me Gone, Ramchargers, etc. Supposed to be a Dyno Don 63 Impala coming out soon. By the way, if you go to Arnie Beswicks website, they sell a action figure of Arnie hisself. Even looks like him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One handed Willie. Remember when he went funny car driving. He had a fake arm with the silver driving suit and glove hanging on the window of the car.
    tripledude, if your into old drag cars, seriously, check out the james ibusuki website. I think its the art of drag racing.com those pictures I posted or the ones on his website dont begin to do them justice. They're absolutely incredible. I have 5 of them hanging in my house. The Jungle Jim print has Pam in her imfamouse crotchet top in the staging area. He working on a new print which will be 2 bubbletop 409's. Dyno Don and I think Dave Strickler or Hayden Proffitt. can't remember who he said. His phone number is on his website, and even though it's listed as sold out the Pure Heaven/Pure Hell print is down to only a couple. You get way more for your money with his stuff than you do the diecast. prints are around 90 and framing with acid free mat and museum glass is around 80-100, although you can spend as much as you want at a frame shop so be careful. The Jungle Jim print is close to selling out too. Just got the Manufactures Final print, holy cow is it awesome, but it's just been released so it should be around for awhile.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200
    Vector project - mod. 2.4 225

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glass cake pedestals, If they begin to take up to much room get a china cabinet or something like that. You can put them all in one place and it takes up less room, if you start getting a bunch of them. I put my models in stuff like that, you cant hardly dust a plastic model without breaking it. They need to make some more altereds. Nanook, Sush Matsubra, Groundshaker Jr.
    I also saw Arnie Beswicks 67 GTO funny car in diecast, thinking about getting that one.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the prints and they are pretty good. I'm limited on remaining wall space and have started hanging stuff in the garage. Don't think I've seen the one with Jungle Jim. Will check it out. I've also seen the Beswick 67. I think if you buy from his site, it's slightly cheaper than elsewhere. His Mystery Tornado and current exhibition GTO should be out any day. Wow, Hayden Profit and Old Reliable. Haven't heard that name in awhile. Another thought on model car displays--awhile back< was at an auction where there was lots of train stuff--headlights assemblys off old steam trains, bells, etc. There were also display cases for model trains. I bought a couple. Each holds four 1/25 cars. In just one case, I have Pittman, SWC, The Football car and Ohio George. Unfortunately, Skippers Critter wouldn't fit. The train display cases do work well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by tripledude
    I have Pittman, SWC, The Football car and Ohio George. Unfortunately, Skippers Critter wouldn't fit. The train display cases do work well.
    models or Diecast ?

the train display sounds cool. I keep waiting for Arnie's AWB tempest in Diecast. His best car ever and it's the last one they do, if they do it at all.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here you go, the Jungle picture really sucks. the artwork is amazing, see Pam in the middle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jungleboogie.jpg  
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's the Manufacture's final. Big John and Don Schumacher.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldn't let me do it, had to get a smaller picture so it wont be very good either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bigjohnsml.jpg  
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gassers are diecast. They were like 189 each. Ouch. Non opening hoods. Expensive but gave myself a treat after divorce. SHE would have flipped. I assume you are single or you wouldn't be hanging five drag prints INSIDE the house?? I had four reprints of English motorcycle ads hanging in "my" library. Then she moved 'em behind the door. Next thing they were hanging along the basement stairs. THAT was it!!!! Now they hang in my living room. Another note on Arnie--his site sells a wide photo (recently shot) of him with several of his resurrected and current cars. Pretty nice. Thought about having one sent to the BITCH with a message to shove it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, I'm married. To the GREATEST girl in the world.
    Garage and yard full of Cars and boats . pictures, models, diecast. Then she comes home and tells me "hey I saw an old texaco sign in this guys garage as I was driving by" she took me to where it was, A 6'texaco sign 1941. I'd been looking for one but not anymore. I realize how fortunate I am when guys come over and say "how do you get that by the wife" I don't have the heart to tell them she's the one that finds about 1/4 of the stuff I have.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you (and her). My wife thought everything in the garage was JUNK. Well, a little of it was. My dad was up a couple of weeks ago and was showing me pictures he had made from slides, which I have not seen in many years. Some were of an old friend of his, Preston Honea, out of California. He started racing Rambler Americans back in the early 60's with transplanted Rambler v-8s, a combo unavailable from the factory. Anyway, the pictures were of his altered wheelbase matchracing Rambler Marlin. It was actually a good looking car. Had an injected Hemi with Rambler engraved in the valve covers. Many spectators would comment,"Gee, I didn't know THEY made a hemi?" Good find on that Texaco sign. See gas station stuff at auctions and the prices are up there. Many midwest auctions are gas memorabilia ONLY. Probably the neatest car memorabilia thing I have is a late 60's Hurst shifter glove. I bought a french glove mold. It's a china like arm from elbow to fingertips. Stands up on it's own. Looks real good with the glove on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rambler Marlin...Wow. AWB at that...and an injected Hemi, Cool. If its the same year I'm thinking about (I've only seen one body style, don't know if they had two or more) It looked similar to a '67 Charger or '67 cuda. Really neat car, I'd love to see a AWB, injected version.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. The Marlin was a fastback style like the original Charger. I think my dad found a website that showed the awb One. I'll see if I can get it from him. In the early 60's, my dad worked for American Motors. Even though they had somewhat of a stodgy image, the younger guys did build some neat stuff "undercover." Dad used to take me into the corporate basement on the weekend and show me the good stuff. Even the original version of the Marlin. Painted (candy apple red) and slightly customized by the old Alexander Brothers in Detroit. Even had Halibrand wheels. Unfortunately, when they hit production, they weren't as cool. In 63, Dad had a 63 Rambler Ambassador. Had a 327 (no, not a Chevy) and three speed stick. Turned low 15's with minor mods. Trophied just about every weekend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What years did they make those ?
    I've seen only a few (only the one bodystyle) the first one I saw was in Hot Rod (or one of the magazines) I thought it was awesome. The guy did a really good job on the car, and I loved the emblem on the car, the marlin. unless that was something custom he did. Beings your Dad worked for AMC you had to LOVE Hayden Proffits '67 Rebel funny car (even I did) or Doug Thorleys Javelin's.
    Comp. STV - 2.5 EFI
    Vegas XT - 2.4 200

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was only one Marlin body style and yes, the emblem was a Marlin. In 64, he left AMC and we went to California. We went from the heyday of the superstocks and FX cars at Detroit Dragway to the heyday of the gassers at the southern California strips. Speaking of AMC, ever hear of a Rambler Rebel?? One of the quickest cars you could get in 1957.

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 55 ... LastLast