Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Andy DRIVER and his LIGHTNING SKI-MVP WIN's DRAG's Cresent City

With the SLOWEST boat in HIS fleet of 4 LIGHTNING's,he left for cresent city,with a bad bearing in his gear case,we had put 34 cc heads on earlyier in the week,he stopped by Jeff's shop( SKITTLES)fixed the bearing problem,picked up his new drag prop that had been over nighted in that morning,picked up FESTER and headed to the race,stopped off in eustis,to try the boat out,( it ran) put it on the trailer and headed north,Then proceeded to win every RACE in his class,to recieve the checkered FLAG in his FIRST ever DRAG race ! GREAT JOB ANDY ! Now he's HOOKED and every body better watch out! Our BOY ROB (HOT SHOT)did well allso,taking a Third in his class after beating the second place boat in one race,which the second place boat had beat the first place boat once ! All in all a FUN day of Racing !I guess its time to dig out a old 200 2.5 motor out the junk pile ,and build a new LIGHTNING HST ,and see if I can keep up with my LIGHTNING BOY's??????? All so FESTER ,from the LTB's is getting ready to put his HYDROSTREAM IN the MIX ! GOOD LUCK to ALL ! it was a GOOD TIME ! JOHN LIGHTNING POWER BOATS RACE ONE OR CHASE ONE !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Good Job

Congrats Andy and Rob. I'm convinced it was the propshaft bearing that won it . Sorry I missed it, but was just to busy to get out of the shop. Maybe next time.
    LTB Racing-"Skittles"
    Quartershot T3-R
    Merc 260
    18 Fiesta party barge- Twin 50 hp SLOmc's
    " The great ones practice the basics."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx John but

I beat the first place winner once and the guy that got second beat me by a hair.With that said we had a great time and will be at the next as well.Congrats Andy on your first ever race with a win.Thanx to all who put this thing together and keep up the good work.I came up there on friday night to help set up the course and scales but dont know if I can do it every race.Some help by any fans or racers would be greatly appreciated in the future by the FBI.This was a great start in my opinion for the FBI so comeon guy's bring your race boats to the races a little more rathet than running smack and sandbar raceing.There is a lot of you guys out there that would have done very well had you came.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280