User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: trim question

quickonstep Guest

trim question

how do i wire up 2 batteries to send 24 volts to my trim motor? Would it be neg of the trim to neg of one battery, then the pos of the trim to the pos of the other battery, then connect the 2 batteries together to the 2 posts that are free? meaning pos to neg, then one wire from the trim motor goes to each battery?

Jesse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will give you 24V.
    To fish, or not to fish?
    What a stupid question!
    Bill

quickonstep Guest
    thank you so much bill H... one day we will meet and the first round is on me... so i hope you like pepsi :P

Jesse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now jesse i'm no genious when it comes to this stuff(glad the dropped the guru) but why 24 volts? everything i got from rick racer is shown for a single 12 vt. hook up.
    at least i hope i'm reading it right,lol
    what ya doin this weekend? almost done all my heavey ass transom crap,you should stop by sunday and drool over all the stuff i got from barb(rickracers.com)

quickonstep Guest
    cool bob, i may do that... i ran 24 volts to the trim motor and now it works like it should.. ****er FLYS up and down, so now i just have to tap and its trimmed... next step is the jackplate and itll be pretty much done... motor runs, and now i just need somone to pull it to the water...

Lates

Jesse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24v=haul ass

24 volts is real dang fast
    nitrous/fuel expert

RIP-MY FRIEND WAYNE T
    YOU WILL B MISSED

quickonstep Guest
    well when i first hooked it up, before i had accually hit the switch, i was a bit skeptical... until i hit the switch then it took off like a bat outta hell... its setup to go both ways, not just up... im runnin the starter off of one battery, with the positive side of the trim on that battery, and the other battery is left for acc... with the neg of the trim on that... its a ghetto setup right now as i didnt have any battery cable... but my god... its like night and day... but ima little hesitant to hold the button down, and let it go from one end to the other, so i move it from full up tilt (trailer) to where it hits the trim rams then let it set for a few minutes, then drop it all the way down, maybe im just overracting... or maybe it doesnt make a difference, guess i just feel a little better doing it that way...

glad i did it tho, will definatly help in that holeshot

Jesse