Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about a Crownline? Read this...

"The problem is entirely a manufacturing defect. The problem should have been noticeable when your boat was built, but Crownline choose to ignore the problem and ship it out anyway."

These were the words spoken by the Crownline dealership that fixed my boat.

Here is what was wrong with my boat -

When my brand new consoles arrived at the dealership and they fit them into place, they noticed the consoles were not sized properly. According to the dealerhsip, these consoles were off by over 2 inches. After removing the consoles a total of 3 times to double and triple check their work making sure they didn't add or forget something that should have been there, they realized why my boat was in the shop to begin with.

My original consoles had this same exact problem; an incorrect fit. However, instead of fixing it properly like my dealership did, the Crownline factory simply tacked the consoles into place using screws. Not surprisingly, the screws they used to rig their shooty workmanship tore under the stress boats are subjected to during normal usage.

After ignoring my persistent e-mails until I brought my problems onto the Crownline forums, Crownline offered to pay 100% of the materials and 50% of the quoted 5 hours of repairs.... all in good faith, of course. Good faith...Hmmm. So the "good faith" got me thinking... IMHO they new what was wrong with my boat before it even found its way to the dealership. Especially after reading some of the replies in the thread I posted at Crownline.com, there is no doubt in my mind this has become a problem for Crownline that they are trying to keep quiet. The problem, of course, is their quality control. Off by an 1/8", I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Off by over 2" ...

But this is where it gets interesting: Crownline is refusing to pay the dealership for the work they did to repair my boat. I was quoted 5 hours of labor, but it took my dealerhip over 20 hours to repair and reconstruct my boat.

According to my dealerhsip Crownline's response to them was, "Bill the customer."

In other words, Crownline expects me to pay $1125 to fix their manufacturing defects.

Two interesting notes - first, the new consoles are mysteriously absent of the screws that were tearing from my original console. Second, Crownline has neglected to answer any of my numerous e-mails I have sent in the past 10 days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your very first post is to bash a family boat on a forum of speed boat freaks. Sorry I am not buying into what your selling. Hasn't Crownline won JD Powers awards for customer satisfaction?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point brad....Ditto

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he could post some pic's.

I know I am not looking at a crownline!!

Really doesn't mean much to me.
    mendo
    MAD SCIENTIST

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentlemen,

Hopefully I can address some of your concerns.

If you clicked on the link to read this thread I presume you had an interest in Crownline boats, regardless of your speed preference. If not, I apologize for wasting your time, but I'm not sure how I could have made the title any more clear.

There is absolutely no need for you to "buy" what I'm telling you; that is not why I posted. I posted to get my story heard. Thus far, after reviewing the thread view count at 140+ boat owners and counting, I have been successful at my objective. Additionally, anyone that may stumble onto this website and searches for Crownline info will have the opportunity to read this.

If you feel that I'm lieing about the story, feel free to visit the Crownline website forum and search for my posts "Consoles Tearing off 202BR" and "How long does it take Crownline to respond to your email." The threads are still there, although my final post (the one copied above) has been deleted. The deletion is evident by the edit by Clay Washington. Besides the threads, you will also see present-day Crownline owners both agreeing with my concerns and dissatisfaction, as well as experiencing the same exact problems as me. Some Crownline owners went so far as to state that torn mounts should be considered "normal" after 100 hours of use. (Well, maybe in a Crownline...)

In regards to JD Power studies, yes, they've done pretty well. I think they finish 2nd on a regular basis, but maybe they take first. It doesn't really matter to me, however, as I know where they sit on my list.

I do have pictures of the mounts tearing, but not of the reconstruction of the boat by the dealership. I'll spare you all the photos and just post this one photo:

Cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I WOULDNT BASH WHAT THIS GUY IS TELLIN US.YA WE ARE A BUNCH OF SPEED FREAKS BUT A LOT OF US ALSO OWN A FAMILY CRUISER TO KEEP OUR COUNTER PARTS HAPPY.IF A MANUFACTURER IS TREATING A CUSTOMER IN THIS MANNER I THINK WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.THEY MAY HAVE WON AWARDS FOR THEIR QUALITY IN THE PAST BUT IF THEY SCREWED UP THEY SHOULD FESS UP AND FIX THE PROBLEM.THE PROBLEM IS IF THEY DO FESS UP THEY WILL END UP REPAIRING ALL THE BOATS THEY SOLD IN THIS MODEL.KIND OF A CATCH 22.DAMNED IF YOU DO AND DAMNED IF YOU DONT.DOESNT CRWONLINE HAVE A HULL WARRANTY AND IF SO HOW CAN THEY SAY BILL THE CUSTOMER?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also own a Rinker 24' deck boat. So I can do the family junk too. I just do not think we are hearing both sides of the story. The world is full of people who are not happy with thier cars, TV's, homes etc... Having a new member (1st post) blast a well respected boat manufacturer is not what we should be concerned with. Let him work it out with Crownline. Not use the internet as a form of slander. His agenda is not to be helpful here, just revenge.