Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to Start

I need some help on this!
    1988 2.4 EFI Bp, motor runs good,good even compression on all six. The box is a digital from Rapair. After a short top end run up arround 7k the motor is hard to start after it sets for a couple of minutes without holding the throttle at least half open. Today at the lake if started right up and then seem to run on about three cylinders for about five minutes at idle. I decided to pull the cowl off and take a look, saw nothing loose and it fired right up, weird! Just can't figure out the hard to start after a top end run! Got home and pulled the plugs. All of the plugs seem a bit to dry for me, very very light tan, but a couple actually seem to have rust on them deposits on them. I changed the water seperator filter, it did have a little water in it but not much. Two plugs were just seemed rusty the electrodes. Any ideas.

Thanks, Carter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question Exhaust divider...

Carter, pull ya divider plate and check ya gaskets and check divider for cracks...after a top end run(high water pressure) and higher temps, a small leek could create a starting problem if not run a while before stopp'in engine...

I also had a problem like that and it wuz later diagnosed az a bad fuel driver, which they said could not be fixed....U may try anuther ECU if U kin borrow one...REX