Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vacation Hot-Spots

Any vacation tails or recomendations? Me and the Wife went to Secrets Resort, in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It's a top resort, great food, beach ,water and people.
    The Dominicans are a very conservative minded people. They say they are the true Island People. They also take pride in the fact that they are also part European, which you can easily notice. They told us that your'll never see any of them beg for money and in our seven days there we never did. They are proud of the growth there country has made in the last 10 years or so. And they all understand capitalizism and how it benefits there people. They will ask, did you see our new airport, hospital, buses, hotels,ect.. They are not happy with the influx of Hattians into there country though, they say clinton made things worse there. They say its like a ongoing war there now. Funny, they say there's no longer any news coverage of the problem now, wonder way.
    Maybe other places are more built-up and offer more but this place has something special about it. Maybe it's the fact that as you look out at the water you can't help but think that this is where Columbus landed. Or that this country is going thur a amazing transformation, its worth the trip.

INXS
    Last edited by INXS; 12-18-2003 at 02:27 AM.
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend who swears that Costa Rica is heaven on earth.
    He is going back this week and is looking for property down there.
    He says its all Americans down there anyway, or at least where they go. I don't know if that is good or bad!

I went to Xtappa/ Ziuantinaho a couple of years ago. It's a beautiful fishing village with outdoor markets and stuff. It is kinda carved out of the side of a bluff. Some famous movie was filmed there, I can't remember. It was real nice and worth seeing, but I'm not really the vacationing type, I just went with an X of mine. She goes there 2 or 3 times a year.. me, I work Tues, Wed, and Thurs. from noon to 5. So I really don't need time off. The perfect "vacation" for me would be to keep the door on the shop locked and unplug the phone for 2 weeks, so I can catch up on my own projects!!
    The Reverend, (Cedar Machine Service on Facebook)
    1989 HST 2.5 260 Merc Offshore
    1991 Vaserette YT 200 Mercury
    1988 Venus XT 200 Yamaha
    1983 Viper II Merc 90
    1977 Viper
    Mini GT tunnel, 25 Merc
    "African Queen" pontoon 25 Merc
    Aluma fishin tub, 20 motors to choose from!

GUESS WHAT?...I gotta fever,...and the only prescription...IS MORE COWBELL!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rev.ronnie

Is Xtappa in the Mexican Riveria Maya ? If it is, which I believe, I've heard they have some beautiful new resorts there. That's our next trip I believe. One thing I foregot to mention about the Don. Rep. is that there are a few resorts that have alot of French & German tourists. I've been told there very cold towards Americans so if anyone goes there they should make sure they aviod these resorts.

INXS
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to Jaco, Costa Rica, leave the wife at home! link: worldsexarchives.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to the Bahamas, good cheap vacations but I wouldn't rave about it. Now I went on a cruise around the Caribbean, and I could have stayed on St.Kitts(sp) the whole time. Pretty much untouched but enough that you could still live like a king. I'm going to the Maya Riveria on Saturday, supposedly its really nice there. Mexico decided to pass these laws were the resorts cannot be any taller then three stories, and they can't be build within an x distance of the beach. So again its as natural as a resort could be. Were staying at the Barcelo something'r other.
    89' Hydrostream Vista 200XP
    Delta 3cyl FORCE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favorite is still the island of Mallorca,Spain. People from all over the world having a good time and no politics.
    why ask me ?