Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie17 View Post
    Thanks Murph! In the Tens? Sounds limited for sure. Just took a look at your 12, they are very similar. Another user mentioned the 20 needs some big power (200hp+) any idea what that hull would be rated for or could take? It has a bigger omc on it right now, not sure of the hp because the cowling has no decals. It's located near fenelon falls, I don't have facebook but I can pm you
    Post a few more pics if you can, in particular the engine / setback & rigging.
    My ex brother in laws family had one rigged with a 235 E’rude. It was never ran big numbers but it was a well made boat that could handle some pretty big water without getting squirrelly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomanytoys View Post
    Post a few more pics if you can, in particular the engine / setback & rigging.
    My ex brother in laws family had one rigged with a 235 E’rude. It was never ran big numbers but it was a well made boat that could handle some pretty big water without getting squirrelly.
    I'll see what I can do! Have to talk the marina owner into letting it go, hopefully won't be too hard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a long shot here.Does anyone have anything good to say about a 91 Charger SV?I've read that the build quality really went for a **** after 89 and just looking around it it doesn't look great.You only seem to see the DL's and STV's around.And the odd SK.Gonna be hanging a 200 XP Rude on the back.
    If I knew it was going to last this long I would have taken better care of it.

Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CVX20SPRINT View Post
    Just a long shot here.Does anyone have anything good to say about a 91 Charger SV?I've read that the build quality really went for a **** after 89 and just looking around it it doesn't look great.You only seem to see the DL's and STV's around.And the odd SK.Gonna be hanging a 200 XP Rude on the back.
    I have a 89 SV. build quality was ok, but i redid the stringer, knees, transom and floor. Stringer was rotten. I bought it with a 200 mercury and with a 24 chopper and the propshaft even with the pad on a 10" jackplate would run 70-72 mph. With a stock bridgeport efi and 28 chopper with shaft 1-1/4" above it ran 85-87. Now a 225 promax with horn efi and same prop, with shaft 1-1/2" above it runs 92.7 best so far. Faster you go over 65, the better it rides and handle. Took my mom for a 80 mph cruise last summer like it was nothing. Gets on the pad around 65-70.

The boat will seat 5 when needed, takes the chop on busy days better then most single outboard boats, runs pretty good speeds for the power and is made in canada! lol

I love mine, and cant think of a better AFFORDABLE all around performance boat.

5. Likes America187, OnPad liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Wasn't looking for a 100 mph boat anyways.This kind of got dropped in my lap and after some reading nobody seems to have anything good to say about them.I probably should have stayed with what I had but I'm into it now so we'll see.
    If I knew it was going to last this long I would have taken better care of it.

Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3