Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my 2 cents if you look at the bottom back of the boat and picture it starting to lift off the center pad will lift off the water before tha outside sponsons would and then if this happens the prop will loose bite then wham you are over, so to fix this you can add depth to the center pad but the sponsons still hang back farther then the center pad or you could put steps in the mold and raise the outside sponsons, and block the rear off as well in the mold on the sponsons and bring them forward, I always wanted to put steps in the mold when we had one and try this, it would be easy and reversable if it did not work, Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your quick replies and for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by T-REX View Post
    U kan add 1" to the center pad...This will unload sum unwanted lift...

I discuss'd this in dept wit summerford, and I follow'd hiz suggestion wit my 91 LTV ski hull(that wuz stripp'd, and raced)...I also cut the lower part ov the dash out, which moved the driver forward approx 11"....If U have a short deck LTV, then tha only mod need'd iz the addition on the pad....

I am work'in on a 85 sharpnose STV(ltv bottom) short/narrow deck now...Adding 1" to pad, and in addition I will add a 3/64" lip to the rear ov pad to see what happens.....It haz work'd on all my laser Vee's to keep the bow down, so we'll see how it works on a LTV/STV...JMO

Thanks all for your quick replies and your help.

Dear Mr. _____
    Can you explain me the terminology that you are using, I'm sorry but im not familiar with some:

"lower part ov the dash out"
    "the pad"
    "add a 3/64 lip to the rear ov"

Also can you help me with:

- What's the distance from the tip(bow) of the boat to the steering wheel?
    - How many inches is the short deck?

I have the mold, I'll upload some pictures or sent you some to your mail if you like to...

As I say before, I want to do some modifications and I want your professional opinions on the matter, so I can make it faster.

Best Regards to all and Thanks...

Jorge Llanos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    move the dash forward but once this is done you can only have 1 seat up front
    LASER LTV - common sense is the key to success .....not many people succeed these days . ROBERT S. FEAGLE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro??

I want your professional opinions on the matter,
    TRex ain't no pro but I can tell you he does have actual hands on experience with the hulls he's talking about. He builds it, works on it, and drives it so he knows what works and doesn't work. If I had an LTV I'd pay attention to what he says. Just my opinion
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Patches, but all them kind words ain't gunna change my mind bout yo SPANK'IN at tha winternatz...Lol...

I have never measured the decks to give U an accurate measurement...But, I figger it's around 8-12"s....I kan tell ya when I moved the driver forward, it wuz 11"s, and it work'd well...If I kan find the pics, I will post them, kuz it's hard to exsplain how I did it...

"the pad" iz the same az a Vee bottom(kuz the LTV haz a vee bottom for a center sponson)...It's the part that the boat actually runs on at speed...add'in the lip at the rear ov the pad, helps lift the rear ov the boat/keep nose at lower attidude...NOW, this lip on a ltv iz a new addition for me...I do it on my vee's(except my 380), and it works well, so I am gunna try it on tha STV/LTV...

The mods I give U are more for safety than speed...But I figger iv U kan keep the open side up at higher speeds, then U kan SAFELY add speed to it...JMO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowverado View Post
    explain to me "go over backasswards WITHOUT warning" how does a boat go over with no warning or without knowing that you have the nose to high, or are running a poor setup or something of that nature? I would venture to say that 99-100% of blowovers in LTVs were the result of a person running the nose to high or just a generally poor setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowverado View Post
    I've driven several 380s into the low 80s.
    will you give it up man, give advice from experience. Not something you heard your dad say or read on the internet. you obviously dont have much seat time running fast so dont act like you do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 inch's from original steering wheel position to repositioned dash flush with the drop down from deck/windscreen area
    LASER LTV - common sense is the key to success .....not many people succeed these days . ROBERT S. FEAGLE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winternats

I'm looking forward to it Rex. There ain't many people that can day they've been outran by your old azz. Figure I'll join an elite club

I've always thought a pencil roll would work on the LTV to try and keep the nose down and maybe not crowd so much air under the boat.

I love the hulls and know it's one of the quicker 1/8 mile boats on the water but to say their perfect is a bit of a stretch. There's been too many of em blow over for that and to make a blanket statement that all those drivers didn't know what they were doing is pretty arrogant
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    TRex ain't no pro but I can tell you he does have actual hands on experience with the hulls he's talking about. He builds it, works on it, and drives it so he knows what works and doesn't work. If I had an LTV I'd pay attention to what he says. Just my opinion
    Thanks for your suggestion PatchesII, and yes I totally trust in TRex user, he knows Summerford and I think, well I know Summerford is a genious that was ahead of his time, he revolutionized race boats...

But we still have to make some innovative inventions for the race boat LASER LTV

Quote Originally Posted by T-REX View Post
    Thanks Patches, but all them kind words ain't gunna change my mind bout yo SPANK'IN at tha winternatz...Lol...

I have never measured the decks to give U an accurate measurement...But, I figger it's around 8-12"s....I kan tell ya when I moved the driver forward, it wuz 11"s, and it work'd well...If I kan find the pics, I will post them, kuz it's hard to exsplain how I did it...

"the pad" iz the same az a Vee bottom(kuz the LTV haz a vee bottom for a center sponson)...It's the part that the boat actually runs on at speed...add'in the lip at the rear ov the pad, helps lift the rear ov the boat/keep nose at lower attidude...NOW, this lip on a ltv iz a new addition for me...I do it on my vee's(except my 380), and it works well, so I am gunna try it on tha STV/LTV...

The mods I give U are more for safety than speed...But I figger iv U kan keep the open side up at higher speeds, then U kan SAFELY add speed to it...JMO

Thanks, now I understand the terminology..
    And we just cutted 8'' for making forward the dash and I'm thinking of configuring it for a 2 Row Seater what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mercpunk View Post
    8 inch's from original steering wheel position to repositioned dash flush with the drop down from deck/windscreen area
    Yea, Thanks we decided that 8'' would be great!, now to modify or make some innovative inventions with the tunnel vee
    also ideas are totally accepted my friend

Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    I'm looking forward to it Rex. There ain't many people that can day they've been outran by your old azz. Figure I'll join an elite club

I've always thought a pencil roll would work on the LTV to try and keep the nose down and maybe not crowd so much air under the boat.

I love the hulls and know it's one of the quicker 1/8 mile boats on the water but to say their perfect is a bit of a stretch. There's been too many of em blow over for that and to make a blanket statement that all those drivers didn't know what they were doing is pretty arrogant
    Hey Patches, what do you mean by "pencil roll"
    Thanks to all for your posts

By the way I posted on Race events and calendar, the RIVER RACE WORLD CUP that is going to be held in Mexico in March... from the 12th to the 21th

If you are interested here is the web page:

http://federacionmexicanademotonauticas.org.mx/

And if you want to come and race: TREX, PATCHESII, MERCPUNK
    I leave you my email: jorge_llanos@hotmail.com for any questions or doubts,

Best Regards

Jorge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey does someone know where can I fix and tune up Outboard Mariner and Mercury engines, around Ft Lauderdale or Miami?, what other Race Tune Up Mechanic store there is, besides Diamond Marine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pictures of the LASER LTV
    What propeller do you recommend for a stock 2.0 Mariner 92' 150hp.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, I am a boat manufacturer, mostly commercial boats (parasail, fishing and diving) but now I'm into racing boats, got the Mold of this Laser 84', u are right Mr. Tom!!.. and also got the Stoker 20'

The next month is going to be held the U.I.M JET & O.B RIVER RACE WORLD CUP in Mexico. I'll race it in this Laser so I'm eager to hear suggestions and comments
    Got a stock 2.0L Mariner 92' 150hp and ust bought a clean! CLEAVER 14.5 X 28 I think it did'nt got to 30...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks good!!!.....Tha pad exstension looks good, and I kan tell ya from exsperience, thay way your addition iz, it will unload a lot ov air, but will also create sum "wobble" when uvertrimm'd....My LTV would start to wobble, chine walk, or what ever ya wanna call it, when it got to tha point wher ya thought ya need'd to be...But, If I bump'd it down one bump, or till it quit "rock'in", it would pick up 2 or 3 MPH, but it wuz so solid, it wuz a bore'in ride!!...

Tha 2liter wit a 28" cleaver should put that boat in tha solid 80's(if tha boat is light az it looks)...

I sho like tha color..........Kinna look's like sumpth'in I have seen befo!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T-REX what is that boat i dont see any outside sponsons looks like a reg v btm?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast