Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Gettin it wet

Got the steering "fixed" after the break at the Hollow.Turned the gear 180 degrees and reassembled.I also decieded it was time for atorque tab after the faliure.Man what a difference, I can actually steer at speed!Its almost perfectly ballenced as torque goes.I can run down the lake at full lift and float left or right at speed! Awsome,It feels better than any boat I have owned so far! It feels just like a Valero closed bow at speed except I decide where we are going,NOT THE BOAT!!!With the Valero you had to "follow the Float" to keep it under control.Not so with the Lavey.Its kind of erie actually,Kind of like I must be dreamin.
    Also have made an observation,I rarely if ever have to back off in rough water,But I lose about 4-5 mph,a slight ripple 1-3 mph,When the water turns to glass I can feel the stearn raise a couple of inches and I gain a couple hundered rpm and full speed.
    In cloesing,Nice weekend!!!
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drag prop

hay dave,got me a new drag prop on the way ,may let the 22 you were having so much fun with go 'interested if so let me know.also my lower unit will not work on your motor'i remembered that unit has the old style shaft in it. it is shorter. se ya. kathy say's tell yall hay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb RPM

Now that the boat is handleing the way I like,I may go look for my RPM.Al has some ideas about the R's and it will rev to 6700 out of gear.a Dyno test is in order.I noticed with the 26 Raker the Tail "pops" alot sooner than with the 28.If I can turn the 26 6400-6500 rpm the bow an stearn should both be loose,and that equals FUN RIDE!I noticed the rear dance a bit with the 26 but was dissaponted when the rpm barrier appeared!
    P.S. If I buy any more props rite now shes gona be pissed(but dont sell it)hehehe
    L.T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Glad to hear you are having so much fun

I hope to get there soon. Haven't been in the boat for 1.5 weeks. This weekend looks like it might prove tough, but I'm going to try. Moving to a new place can get in the way a bit.
    Sea ya, Sleekster