Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry If in need of fiberglass work...

And you live in N. Central Tx., I would not recommend

North Texas Fiberglass Boat Repair in Denton, Tx.

These guys don't do what they say they'll do. I had them paint a fake windshield on my Laser early this year. There were 8 holes from a plexiglass windshield that had to be dealt with. When I asked how they would deal with the holes the owner said they would actually grind down the area around the holes and lay in more fiberglass. Well guess what they really did, they just filled them in with a filler! When I pointed out to the owner that on the invoice he wrote that the holes would be filled in, he again assured me that they would be fiberglassed, not just filled. Hell I could of done that with Marine-Tex and then had some bodyshop do the painting, saving me ALOT of money. He charged me 3.5 hours labor just to do the holes!
    Yes, the invoice stated holes to be filled, I guess my trusting nature really screwed me big time. And I know they also put a couple of scratches on my deck near the bow but I have no way of proving that.
    The filled in holes were not obivilous after the work was done. I looked at where the holes were at various angles and no sign of them. I guess after a couple of months of paint drying and the filler drying the depressions are just starting to show. Hopefully it won't lead to paint separation, time will only tell.
    Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent. Thanks for your time.

Laser380 wid/200 BLKMAX

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Also...

They used black pinstripping to outline the fake 'shield. This was not on the invoice and was NEVER discussed before the start of the job. This showed that they don't know how to remove mask tape without leaving a tattered edge!

Laser380 wid/200 BLKMAX