Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re gel coating

Im looking at buying a hydrostream vector. The boat has been painted and is in okey shape but I really want to re-gel c6at the boat. Could someone please tell me how to prepare the boat to be sprayed, and how to apply the finish. I know it should be sprayed but would it work to brush it on? I relize after its sprayed it will need to be wetsanded and buffed. Will it shine like new after that. Could you please also give me an idea of how much in canadian, or american, Just tell me which one, it will cost to re gel the boat if I do all the work myself except forr mabey having it sprayed. Thanks very much for taking the time to read and respond.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not gonna get in a pissin' contest with anybody about this but for the life of me, I can't understand why anybody would want to gelcoat a boat after it's built. Look at new cars today. They have paint jobs that knock your eyes out, withstand all manner of abuse, will last for years and years and still look brand new. Don't gelcoat it, paint it.

c/6

Hooty
    c/6

Hooty

/team2004.gif[/img]