Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Cigarette Guy!

Tried to e-mail you, but you're playing hooky. I'm looking for feedback on your new 25' PowerPlay. I think I just married one. Questions...

1) Are you past the break in period yet? If so, what's the little needle on your fun meter pointing to?

2) How is stability, i.e., chinewalking, when approaching the upper regions of the triple digit stratosphere?

3) Is the bow blasting off for the moon in the hole shot, or do the tabs effectively convert your launch into horizontal velocity?

4) Do you have pictures yet?

Thanks in advance!

Carl Camper
    21' Shadow (two of them)
    24' Skater
    28' Skater
    and currently... a 72' Broward blazing along at 18 knots with both turbo's on the 1271's glowing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey PowerPlay Guy (That IS the right name, right?) :-)))

Thanks for the response. Ironically, you posted pictures of one of the boats I bought. The green splash graphics w/ teal interior catching air offshore is THE boat I bought! In another irony, I've had pictures of this boat in a folder for over ten years. Never thought I'd end up with it! I managed to track down the previous owner, who had the boat for more than 10 years. He only had 390 hours on it, stored indoors and the guy was 56 years old. His idea of an offshore pounding was when his wife put out!

Since then, it has been completely updated, including the new style dash with Gaffrig's, Offshore 2.5 cowlings, Bob's lower units, a stereo that makes 16 year olds envious, and numerous other additions. I'm not that "deep" into it, but I paid a fair price for a boat that worth every bit of $100,000.

Frankly, I've had a number of offshore boats, including Skater's, Donzi's, Magnums, etc., but in my opinion, there are few (if any) boats built as well as a Powerplay. I've hit a couple of waves and didn't feel a damn thing, but I heard the wave crying!

Congrats on purchasing a PowerPlay! I understand you had a Cigarette... I find it interesting that so many people, who have owned other "name brand" boats, usually end up buying a PowerPlay for the long haul. I'd have to assume we've all learned the difference between marketing and... true value.

If you ever get down to South Florida, you're welcome aboard!

Carl Camper