Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Good news for U.S., bad news for Canada..........

It seems like there may be a major move among liberals to move from the U.S. to Canada. AOL has an article on their home page published by the Associated Press in New York on the 19th. I didn't copy the whole thing because it's long, but here's a key paragraph:

"For decades, even while nurturing close ties with the United States, Canadians have often chosen a different path - establishing universal health care, maintaining ties with Cuba, imposing tough gun control laws. Two current Canadian initiatives, to decriminalize marijuana and legalize same-sex marriage, have pleased many liberals in the United States and irked conservatives."

The article went on to list several examples of homos, lawyers and several other liberals who made "extremely intelligent statements", like "with Canada's liberal policies, they stand more for America's ideals than America does".

I really hope this is the beginning of a HUGE trend, not necessarily to dump all the liberals of this country on Canada, but to at least dump em somewhere. Maybe we could get some kind of immigration trade deal established with Canada where every time a liberal moves there, a conservative will move here. I'd be more than willing for some of my tax dollars to be spent to help orchestrate the moves. Maybe Alec Baldwin and Barbara Streisand will lead the movement. I'd help pay for both their moves if they'd sign an agreement NEVER to come back...................not even to visit.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To paraphrase Rev. Pounder...

Amen Brother Amen!!
    Dan

'90 STV ProComp Ski
    '96 Merc 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Preach it brother preach it!!!

BEST damn plan I've heard in awhile. Canada DESERVES the pinkocommiefag/liberals and we could stand more REAL men... I mean conservatives. How can they afford all the "free programs" they have up there? Simple, its just like the delusional Europeans have come up with such programs.... REDICULOUS TAXES!!! I dont want to pay for ANY smokers healthcare, some old feeble bluehairs prescription drug bill and I SURE dont want to pay the AIDS tab for a bunch of poostabbers who contract it from pokin eachothers "married asses"! Drunk drivers cost us enough in this country, imagine if we had stoned maryjane drivers.
    I dont see ANY reason to EVER go to Canada for a damn thing! The only thing they have up there that appeals to me is the hunting and fishing and we can top ALL of that in various locations in the lower 48 and Alaska. Hell I even quit buying Crown Royal after the way they have acted towards us since 9/11.

If you want to spend money in another country go "downunder",
    RA

ps
    And the NUMBER 1 reason to ditch Canada? We have KNOB CREEK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    RA, I don't personally know a whole lot of Canadians, but we've got some members here from Canada that are good guys. I'm sure they're as frustrated with the libs there as we are here. Only thing, from the outside looking in at least, they've got a higher percentage than we do, but I'm afraid our percentage is growing since the libs have total control of the higher education system as well as the media. If you don't believe it on the higher education system, go to any college function in the country where there is a professor or administrator giving a speech, or look at the list of invited speakers. In almost every case they're the most liberal of the liberals.

If the great silent majority doesn't quit being so silent and so passive, we're gonna become the great silent minority, who pays most of the taxes and does most of the work, yet has virtually NO representation in Washington.

It's time for a revolt at the voting booth and mandatory term limits to break up this organized crime ring we call Congress.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Raceman
    It's time for a revolt at the voting booth and mandatory term limits to break up this organized crime ring we call Congress.
    Wow. I actually agree with you Racman. But not for your political views but the idea that we are now governed by professional politicians. A guild that not only make the laws but are the same guild to interpret them and define the language use by them.
    Not representatives, but party hackers that move and jive to get what they want-power. It doesn't matter what party or what thier beliefs are as long as they are in power to enact their will. Thats why I think this whole thing about conservative and liberal or Democrat and Republican is a smoke screen sham.
    You feel as if your in majority and not represented, is it any wonder when no one is represented?
    Democrats are supposedly liberal and Republicans conservative. Why is it that there are left and right wing versions of both? Why is it there exists a liberal republican and conservative democrat?
    If you don't succeed as a democrat switch to the republican party and continue your career.

Just setting term limits won't work. They would just go to a different state. Hillery got the senate seat here. Don't know how long they lived here but bill was govener of an entirely different state!
    Now is that right? What was wrong with Georgia or where ever?
    '90 STV
    '96 260
    under construction

for far too long

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it`s the liberals fault no it`s the conservatives fault. someone voted for them

vote! vote! vote! tell your family to vote! tell your freinds to vote! make sure you vote! and know who your voting for!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails butthead.jpg  

I am a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,coated in bubble gum,stuffed in a turducken. Δx Δp ≥ ℏ/2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking ???liberal movement,isn't it

the same as,
    DIARRHEA???????
    Drew Virnelson
    84 Checkmate
    19'Exciter/Evinrude XP 2.6
    best of 73.3 mps (gps)
    gonna try for more this weekend!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Techno, since I'm fantasizing about a term limits law that most likely will never happen, if I was writing the law, I'd make it 2 terms and you're through, regardless of where you're from, or where you live.

As far as Hillary and New York, I may be mistaken on this, but I believe she specifically moved there because the residency requirements are different from any other state. I think there's only a residency requirement with no requirement of minimum time at that residence, unlike other states that require minimums of 2 years and more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have to sympathize with any Americans who are seeking health insurance help, even by having to move to another country. I'm currently suffering what's know as health insurance hell right now.....

First, all my old boating accidents, horseback bucking incidents, mountain sledding and softball injuries of years ago have caused something called "osteo-arthritis". An MRI three years ago after a car accident was said to show I have this disease in my neck and back.

I thought "It's ok -- just give me the drugs and I'll soon be good as new".

WHAT A MISTAKE!!

Getting a prescription for "VIOXX" was the worst thing that ever happened to me in my LIFE. When Brad changed jobs, NOT ONE SINGLE INSURANCE COMPANY would cover me....Even though I stopped taking those damn things back in Nov 2001.

They now call me "HIGH RISK", simply because Vioxx costs so damn much.

I began begging insurance companies to PLEASE cover me.......I'll never take Vioxx again.....Nope nope and nope. Finally, I was able to get a policy with BC/BS --- I pay only a few hundred dollars each month, but get this --- I have a $2500 deductible, with NO prescription benefits! This is the same thing as throwing away money out the door. My medical bills have to surpass $2500 before my insurance will even kick in -- and then its only to cover 50%.

So, now my son is sick with Graves Disease. This is an auto-immune disease that affects the thyroid and eyes. In the past, the most common way to treat this disease was "RADIO ACTIVE IODINE", which completely destroys the thyroid. Unfortunately, this does nothing to treat the anti-bodies, and actually makes the eye disease worse --- if you know who Marty Feldman or Rodney Dangerfield is, you'll know what I'm talking about.....

This is my friend Lisa, and what has happened to her when her docs urged RAI over drug therapy: (A warning, it is graphic)

http://hometown.aol.com/lisareynolds.../personal.html

I've joined a Graves Disease Support Group that consists of people from Australia, Europe, Canada and Asia. Through this message board, I have learned that America is WAY BEHIND in treating people with Graves Disease....In fact, the United States is one of the worst. RAI is still being used 90% of the time, despite the fact that disfiguring eye damage can occur after RAI, and great progress has been using a different treatment called "Anti-Thryoid Drug Therapy", what we call "ATD's".

This treatment can actually put a person into remission from Graves disease --- and can continue a normal life WITH his thyroid in tact!

I had to search the country side before finding a doctor (In Chicago) that would treat my son with ATD's ------- that Doc is from China. Imagine that .

When I talk about our insurance company (my son is on a different policy than mine and so far, has not given me a hassle - YET) my friends tell me how they have to struggle to get the Insurance to approve the many blood tests Graves patients on ATDs have to have, (As opposed to those who do RAI -- one pill and it's over - forever) Because they chose ATD's over the dreadful RAI, my foreign friends cannot understand why we have to go through such a hassle here in the USA.

And when they tell me they dont have to deal with the extra stress of fooling with insurance companies and claims, and that the "ATDs" drugs come FREE, courtesy of their "Government", I realize how far the USA still has to go to come even close to that......

Two of America's top Pharmaceutical companies sit on Bush's Cabinet posts, so I doubt we'll have ANY changes to this policy in the near future.
    Last edited by BK; 07-20-2003 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    BK, you're absolutely right. The healthcare system in this country is in absolute turmoil and I deal with it every day in my business which is home health care equipment (prescription items only). The HMO and PPO system, which gained a major foothold in this country during Hillary Clinton's ill fated overhaul of our healthcare system is THE major culprit, while this malignant tumor we call a legal system is a close second. Without Hillary, the PPO/HMO concept would've likely never gained credibility, and the billions of dollars that the lawyers bilk from insurance companies with frivolous lawsuits, which they openly advertise for on television is of course passed directly to the consumer in terms of astronomical insurance premiums. The premium issue itself is of course a double edged sword because not only do health care insurors raise their rates, but the doctors' mal practice insurors have charged tremendous increases in thier premiums also. The big loser here is the health care consumer, while the lawyers are getting rich and the system suffers in every other area.

Ms Clinton's efforts would've been well spent if she'd devoted her attention to something she at least has a passive knowledge of: legal system reform. Of course neither she, nor her cronies desire any change whatsoever of a system that is making them all so fat and happy while draining the lifeblood from the economy. This system has become little more than a Robin Hood scheme for the redistribution of wealth that has plunged us into an absolutely sickening situation of having almost a half million more lawyers than doctors, and the law schools continue to churn them out in record numbers. The difference between the lawyers and Robin Hood of course was that ole' Robin stole from the rich and gave to the poor, while the lawyers exploit the poor and do share a pittance of the pillage, but in fact keep the bulk for themselves.

We'll never have socialized medicine in this country because of the fact that it would severly limit malpractice awards and the Congress, who is mostly lawyers isn't going to let anything happen that would threaten their enterprise.

Tort reform & term limits, or continuation of the healthcare crisis. One thing for sure, as Techno pointed out. It's gonna take a major overhaul of Congress and giving these self serving lawyers/politicians who govern us now the boot before any of these problems begin to improve. Several years ago there was a "vote against the incumbent" move that was gaining popularity. I think it's the best chance we have to restore some level of sanity to our government.

Since this is all a sensitive subject to me, and I'm on my soapbox, the other utterly unexplainable thing is that while there are literally millions of working middle class people in this country who've experienced problems such as you've described, and have marginal if any healthcare coverage, illegal aliens are given free medical benefits at all levels. It just defies logic doesn't it????????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in some of that "Healthcare Hell" myself. Company decided 2 years ago that they could save money by dropping insurance on all employees. (Owners son's wife works for the school system in Roswell, GA and they have GA state governmaent insurance)(Owner is over 65 and has medicare) So they give each employee $300 a month for insurance. I have some major skin problems on my hands and feet and the cost for diagnosing what the problems are (Took 2 years, 5 docs and over $5,000 just at Mayo to determine part of the problem) ended up being over $20,000. Medications are actually only abot $1,000 a year for it.

Also chronic Colitis and Osteo-Arthritis. Celbrex, at $150+ a month for OA was the major cause of the Colitis. Finally found I could get high risk insurance for $1,000 a month or something like BK talked about for $300. Just been banking the $300 and so far, I'm okay on it. Been cutting the doses of skin medicine and staying okay. Just using stomach medicines ($340 a month) as needed when it gets bad. Staying about even with cost.

Pattie and I are both terrified about a catastrophic illness. I've still got over 3 years to Medicare. Pattie does have Medicare, she's 5 years older than me. Her supplement is $140 a month, but at least that is affordable. Just have to keep hanging in and hoping I don't have injuries or illnesses.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Gains, as a small business owner (co-owner actually) I'm faced with the same dilema of possibly having to drop healthcare insurance for employees. In a small group such as ours, only one or two employees with problems can run the premiums for the whole group into the unaffordable range. The difference in premiums between me and my partner is a STAGGERING $1200+ dollars a month. I'm talking DIFFERENCE between the two of us, not total premium. One of our younger employees has had surgery twice in the last 2 years and this has influenced our group rate also. For our small group of 11 employees, one of which is already Medicare eligible our insurance premium is quickly approaching 10K a month and the next increase may very well be the one that pushes us over the edge. Except for getting a couple of moles cut off in the last couple of years, I haven't had a chargeable doctor visit in over 10 years, but my premiums are over a thousand a month because of the rest of the "history" in our group. Of course the real risk to an employer in dropping insurance is that quality employees leave and go to other employers with healthcare plans.

There's a lot of greed in the system now and the consumer and whoever's paying the premiums are caught in the crossfire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Health care in this country has gone bisserk I was fortunate in that when my disease COPD (pulminary) was diagnosed I had 25 years civil service/2 military I had insurance but the coin was not as shiny as percieved for retirement was not substantual to substain a decent living and that brings the disappearing retirement accounts (IRAs). I take around 800 dollars a month in meds and if I did not have insurance I would not be able to get insurance and would be bout 6ft under. When the wife and I applied for mortgage insurance they just smiled. Recently had surgery 4 operations and the remainder bills are on the payment plan. With the best coverage Im still indebt and got another payment each month. The thing that really brought me 360 degrees in my situation was I became a case study for John Hopkins Univ. Hospital. If you have access to a learning hospital sometimes you can recieve the best care for little to nothing. Raceman I hear you and I am a strong believer in the small business man and admire that you still have insurance its gone nuts up here for rates. Getting older I am seeing my friends that dont have insurance getting sick and its not pretty. Loosing cars boats and then the house becoming to a point of just existing. Reform to this system is not gonna be an easy task and there are no freaken liberals that have an answer it will take a combined effort. Rick

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great all we need is more F@*%)&G Liberals. Our Consevative side has been divided between two partys (like IRL and Indy), and we have had our Hillary in office, since 1993 (I think), he has given away to so many for so long, that half this country would be bitting the hand that feeds them not to vote liberal. 54% of every buck I earn goes to the government in income tax, and then every purchase I make you can add another 15% tax (PST & GST).
    We have had 2 million people (mostly 3rd word) come to this country, they all have health care.......dental care, homes, money, food.
    The liberal government passed a bill called the Charter of rights and freedoms (like the US constitution), this peice of work gives everyone equal rights... or as I see it, take from those who work and give to those who don't.

For those of you, that like our health care, most of my family friends go to the states for serious issues... and pay out of there own pockets to do so. 25% of the taxes I pay go to health care, and the system is over run. I would gladly buy health insurance, if I could have 25% back.

As for the scilent majority of Canada, we cried with you on 9 11, a lot of us lost personal friends, I lost a neighbour, we dropped the ball with what should be our closest friend and neighbour. I for one ( and I sure am hell not the only one) am sorry.
    We should be in Iraq too.

RT
    He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gainso ~

I had the SAME THING happen with Celebrex AND Vioxx (That's why I haven't taken it since 2001). I started having serious problems with my digestive tract and went through a barrage of tests - colonoscopies etc. One doc even wanted to put me on anti-depressants, claiming stress was causing my colitis!?! Come to find out, it was the DRUGS causing all of my pain! But it took a year and dozens of office visits and lab work to discover the cause! The drugs for arthritis were killing me!

So I dumped the pills and opted to deal with stiff joints instead of excruciating stomach cramps.

I haven't had abdominal pain since.

But when you see these top drug companies sitting on the presidents cabinet, you know they've got the President by the .....

When I saw that the new "Patriot Act" had last minute wording added that would preventing vaccine makers such as MERCK from being sued from people who were harmed or killed, I have never been so ticked off. The Varivax (chickenpox) vaccine is totally flawed and harmful to American kids, and wears off in 10 years putting these kids who will then be adults --- even MORE in danger, but the "Patriot Act" will protect the vaccine maker if any of them die! UGH!

Who really runs this country?

BIG BUSINESS DOES:
    Energy, Drugs and Oil.

The health care in this country is horrible and it should not be that way -- The United States should have the BEST. Big business should NOT be allowed to play with OUR lives like this.

Any candidate who vows to make huge changes to our current health care system will damn sure get my vote in 2004!

Also, we had big problems with healthcare long before we knew who Hillary was. You can blame her for some things, but you cant blame her for everything. More people have lost their health care in the past two years than did in all of the 1990s. It's not because of Hillary, its because companies are hurting - the economy sucks and Bush's idea of giving free trade "Gifts" to those countries who "helped" in Iraq is absolutely STRANGLING small businesses and farmers!

Australian COTTON is now flowing by the truckload into the United States.

We just heard about a swimming pool company that is about to go belly up because FREE TRADE was recently opened to Australia -- Now distributors can ship a full-sized swimming pool from Australia, CHEAPER than they can buy it right here in America!

Something is REALLY wrong with this picture. You can hear shop doors permanently closing all across this country. Did you know that WALMART recently surpassed General Motors as America's top employer? Just how does that make our country stronger?

The goods in WALMART are made in CHINA, sold by Americans making $6.00 per hour.

We are spending 5 billion per month in Iraq - and it looks like that expense will continue for the next 3-5 years since we can't seem to get Iraq under control (Which everyone knew would happen -- Saddam couldnt even control Iraq even when using fierceness and torture as incentives!)

-- imagine what those HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars could do for health care for the millions of AMERICAN kids who are suffering too.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast