Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking on 21' Superboat Project

Whats up guys! This is my first post on this forum. Been scouring the forums just browsing through all the projects everyone has and is doing on here and its great to see the knowledge/help thats on here; which brings me to my question. So I have been searching for a Superboat project for a while now and have stumbled upon this 21' Superboat that needs a whole lot. This would be my first boat that I have had in a while and I am not fluent in boat repairs but however I am heavily involved with cars so I don't believe there isn't a super big learning curve going from one to the other. This 21 needs a new transom and potentially floors as well. The well as you can already tell from the photos has already been cut out. The guy with the boat now said he was going to close in the well and put a setback with a 300xs but just doesn't have the time to finish. The reason for my post here is to see what you guys think of a value of this hull. Apparently the hull itself is good with no soft spots and says the same about the floor. I haven't seen it in person yet so I am just solely going off the guy who owns its word. I am not scared of doing the fiberglass work and I have done fiberglass work before just not to this caliber but I would like to learn. The boat comes with a new interior and all the trim pieces to put the boat together. Just not a motor and rigging obviously. He is asking 4k for the boat. Do you guys believe this is a fair value for this just going off of what I say? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4002.jpg   IMG_4007.jpg   IMG_4004.jpg   IMG_4008.jpg   IMG_4009.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill. Superboats are great boats and hard to find. The one you are looking at needs a lot of work. From the pictures, it obviously needs a transom and water well. The floor looks like the fiberglass is cracked. Water has probably soaked in. Most probably need a floor also. The floor in mine went bad first. Chances are the stringers are bad also. You won't know for sure until you take it apart. So, I would assume you will need to do it all. The first pic shows the deck is lifted off the hull in the bow and it looks cracked. And the whole thing is going to need repainting. JD Powers says the boat should be worth between 4-5K after it is fixed up. It might be worth a little more than that but not a lot more. Obviously, I would say 4K is kind of high.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skialot2 View Post
    Hi Bill. Superboats are great boats and hard to find. The one you are looking at needs a lot of work. From the pictures, it obviously needs a transom and water well. The floor looks like the fiberglass is cracked. Water has probably soaked in. Most probably need a floor also. The floor in mine went bad first. Chances are the stringers are bad also. You won't know for sure until you take it apart. So, I would assume you will need to do it all. The first pic shows the deck is lifted off the hull in the bow and it looks cracked. And the whole thing is going to need repainting. JD Powers says the boat should be worth between 4-5K after it is fixed up. It might be worth a little more than that but not a lot more. Obviously, I would say 4K is kind of high.

Hi Skialot! Thank you for the info. I am expecting the worse as well. So I am assuming that I am going to have to do it all (transom, floors and stringers). All fixed up I see these boats bringing the values of 20-25k.