Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2005 Mercury Optimax 250XS (6400RPM) Outboard

Motor completely rebuilt and has a 20" midsection (came off a Ranger 520). Powerhead completely disassembled and block sent to a machine shop which specializes in marine outboard machining and engine rebuilding. Motor was then reassembled with Mercury piston (Teflon coated skirts to help prevent cold seize), rings, bearings, rod bolts, head bolts, main bolts, composite reeds (reeds and cages hand lapped), gaskets and main bearing seals. Pistons and rods weight matched (engine balanced and blueprinted). In addition, new thermostats, fuel pumps, fuel filter, fuel lift pump is rebuilt, oil filters, and spark plugs were installed. Fuel and direct injectors were cleaned and flowed tested. Lower unit is also serviced (pressure tested, new lube and new water pump). Motor has a new style (black) compressor. Rebuild done by a Mercury tech with over 30 years of engine rebuilding experience. Motor can be purchased complete with Gen 1 Torquemaster lower unit for $9,950. Motor can also be bought without the gearcase for $8,000. I have both the 250XS cowl shown (will have new decals on it soon) or a really nice 250ProXS cowl if you would rather have a 250ProXS cowl. Can be installed on a boat already rigged for a Mercury or can be shipped on a mercury outboard pallet at the buyers expense. Text is 815-342-3017 or PM me with questions
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor 1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	518389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor 2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	380.4 KB 
ID:	518390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor 3.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	379.9 KB 
ID:	518391
    Last edited by basspro57; 05-07-2023 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump...price lowered. This is a very nice running motor!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you have invoices for all of that work that you could show? Has it be ran since the rebuild? How many hours on the ECU and lower unit?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aj06bolt12r View Post
    Any chance you have invoices for all of that work that you could show? Has it be ran since the rebuild? How many hours on the ECU and lower unit?
    I have lots of invoices for lots of parts, as several motors are always in process. But I do not put them together when I sell a motor. The motor has been test run at idle on the stand for a heat cycle to make sure everything is good. DDT self test performed to test everything and verify no faults. I also do a coil test using a coil tester to make sure they are all firing good. Manual DDT test while running to see that charging system is good, all sensors are reading correctly, t-stats open like they should (they should as they are new), no faults, and available power is 100%. I believe the total hours on ECM was 694. Gearcase is not original to the motor (hours????) but has been pressure tested, new lube and water pump kit, not welding has been sone on the skeg. Its a nice motor. Can be shipped on a Mercury pallet or installed on a boat already equipped for a Mercury outboard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basspro57 View Post
    I have lots of invoices for lots of parts, as several motors are always in process. But I do not put them together when I sell a motor. The motor has been test run at idle on the stand for a heat cycle to make sure everything is good. DDT self test performed to test everything and verify no faults. I also do a coil test using a coil tester to make sure they are all firing good. Manual DDT test while running to see that charging system is good, all sensors are reading correctly, t-stats open like they should (they should as they are new), no faults, and available power is 100%. I believe the total hours on ECM was 694. Gearcase is not original to the motor (hours????) but has been pressure tested, new lube and water pump kit, not welding has been sone on the skeg. Its a nice motor. Can be shipped on a Mercury pallet or installed on a boat already equipped for a Mercury outboard.

Understood, any idea what shipping would be to a business address 37129 ZIP ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basspro57 View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the powerhead itself and the alternate cowl? You can text me at 615-339-7043 if you prefer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to text or PM me a reasonable offer. This is a great running motor.