Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiestckl View Post
    This thread is the readers digest version of why this site is dying off.. always bitching always complaining always talking bs about two strokes..
    Well if the complaining is the reason that sites die then Facebook would have been dead and buried years ago, because that place is a hive of ridiculousness running riot.
    According to Google Analytics, our site traffic has been increasing for the last 6 years.

But I do agree that some of the arguing here is just ridiculous. I cleaned up this post and will continue to do so. Some people need babysitting, it seems.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

2. Thanks Zukiride, kelvin523 thanked for this post
    Likes aggiestckl, NICE PAIR, Beak Boater, MrG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Times have changed. I to think back 30+ years about how boating has changed and what it took $$ and Speed to be one of fast boats in the big fish small lake local crowd. That is no knock on any one but myself. Two strokes are gone and Four strokes have replaced them. But that is only the part of it. The other is the rigging cost and cost of hulls. I repowered my 23 Daytona with new 1998 2.5 260 Mariner's from Ocean Outboard for $16k. That boat went 105. I bought a used 30 Superboat rigged with twin 3.6 V8's for $30k and that boat went 80+. I bought a new 2005 224 Stoker with a 300 Yamaha for less than $70k . Last I built a New 28 Skater with 280 ros shorty's done by Marty and Joe and rigged by Al Stoker for less than $150k . That boat was done top notch and no expense spared. My best speed was 118. I now look at new Skaters, MTI's, DW, DCB or Eliminators and all of them from 27' to 39' are going to cost $450k to $950k.
    So what brings the bitching and complaining on this subject is not just 2-stroke vs 4-stroke its the fact that these new boats have passed my (the average guy) budget by $100k x 3. I too have not posted in a long time and I don't boat every day. This is just my thoughts.

4. Thanks Instigator, NICE PAIR thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator, Sutphil, 22R, aggiestckl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The good news is, you don't have to spend a half a million dollars to go boating.
    Plenty of good used boats out there at a fair price. Same for motors, you can go buy a motor and a half a dozen powerheads for a fraction of the price of a brand new one.

6. Likes NICE PAIR, Instigator, 22R, noli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Chaz;3386650

And forget all about the wty, smooth shifting, pizzwater gas, dock friendly manors ..

BTW .. aint them two strokes on your skeeter ... LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Not anymore its my junk now so take it easy on the ole skeeter!

Quote Originally Posted by Z06man View Post
    Lets see the 151 MPH STV today on a timed course .And I think they are best little boat made but you are not going to ride around with your buds in a STV for mile after mile with a motor that was set up 2 make a couple passes.I love my 300X on the Twister 24 but it is not like riding in these new Cats with 300 /400/450s .They will idle run on 87 or 89 octane and shift without stalling.
    Paul hit it on the head. My stupid t3/etec is a riot, Dono how fast it would go but not sure I want to be the one to try it. Dirt cheap I mean boat motor trailer fuel oil for 5 yrs never take the cowl off is still less than a set of basic merc CNC props. On the other hand thanks to some good friends Joe, Paul, Todd, john giving me the wife and some buddies rides etc. i gotta tell ya, this new **** is on another level. You honestly can’t argue until you have Spent a couple hundred miles in a 28 with X then do the same with R’s of any kind. Never mind 30-42s it’s nuts and they cool your nuts at 120.

ps. Sorry Greg
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

8. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator, noli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kev, does that mean that the LTOMCTC is now .. the LTMERCRTC ..

How many mules can ya get from a 4.6L naturally aspirated LS .. err , I meant .. porkchop .. and of course, with a little boost ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11. Thanks JPEROG thanked for this post
    Likes JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shop shop shop, Till you drop!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    The good news is, you don't have to spend a half a million dollars to go boating.
    Plenty of good used boats out there at a fair price. Same for motors, you can go buy a motor and a half a dozen powerheads for a fraction of the price of a brand new one.
    Plenty few stuff out there you guys just got to look offer up Facebook craigslist you can find it if you want it and some of the specialty speedboat sites. Thank you just got to come up with a down payment for a four stroke mercury because that’s the only racing engine available and make the payments. Boating is still affordable although it’s always been a back pocket expense compared to feeding the family, putting a roof over our heads and getting the family auto heap to take it to the grocery store. Best always amberjack

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Plenty of used motors out there as well. They can be freshened up for the same money that a good down stroke would be on a brand-new motor.

More than one person just had to have the latest, greatest, look at me boat, car, airplane. And took food off the table to get it.

A good friend of mine ... when asked, just how much does it cost to go racing ... he responds... "everything ya got"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C.I.S --> Cat-In-Sand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cis.jpg 
Views:	47