Kimberly at Brucato Power sent over an ACU for me to do some testing on. People that have been here back in the mid-2000s will remember the Brucato PCU, which was a fully programmable ECU so you can have complete control over your fuel curve. Back then we did many in-depth tests on a prototype PCU to give Tony Brucato feedback and for an article here on S&F. The first part of that article can still be viewed here. Once we fine-tuned the fuel curve programming, we had some impressive gains with it across the board.

The ACU is essentially the same as a PCU, however it no longer has the many internal adjustment potentiometers and programming/reprogramming is generally performed by Brucato. Which brings me to my purpose for this post.

I asked Kimberly to have my unit programmed for a ProMax 225, and I am looking for one or two boats to test the ACU against the stock Mercury ECU. Any boat for testing needs to be set up so it runs very consistently, and above all, safe. Ideally, I'd like to perform testing on the river at Alva, or relatively close to there.

If anybody is interested, please email me at gterzian@screamandfly.com.

Thank you!
Greg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brucato-acu.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	395.4 KB 
ID:	516641