Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have rusted solid by now. I'll soak in a tub of Kroil before I go out.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBS View Post
    Part of getting older is knowing my limits. My vision and reaction time has a little rust on it.
    I used to swim with a masters team that shared the pool with high school age swimmers. Occasionally we would do starts off the blocks together. Reaction times. Those kids would be in the water off the blocks as I started to move.

3. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David I am a pool player, an old pool player, to watch these kids shoot is amazing. Same with golf. While many of us still attempt to play whatever the sport may be, it's almost always the young guys who prevail. That's why I like fast boats. It's about the only place us old guys have an advantage.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

5. Likes Instigator, cliffy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been here for a while and 2022 was a challenging year. I had my 69th birthday, put my Wife in Memory Care and had a Liver transplant in November. With all of this, I took my Aboat to Silver Glenn Springs Friday and the huge Lake George was slick as glass. I cruised across it at 86 MPH GPS [4600 RPM] and still got about 6 MPG. I still have the need for speed even though I lost my Aviation Medical certificate. All of my flying will be in the Aboat from here on.

I did find out that the Anti-Rejection Drugs and the Florida sun do not Mix. That will be hard to explain to my Mayo Doctors....

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    I have not been here for a while and 2022 was a challenging year. I had my 69th birthday, put my Wife in Memory Care and had a Liver transplant in November. With all of this, I took my Aboat to Silver Glenn Springs Friday and the huge Lake George was slick as glass. I cruised across it at 86 MPH GPS [4600 RPM] and still got about 6 MPG. I still have the need for speed even though I lost my Aviation Medical certificate. All of my flying will be in the Aboat from here on.

I did find out that the Anti-Rejection Drugs and the Florida sun do not Mix. That will be hard to explain to my Mayo Doctors....
    JR the best to you, and may 2023 be more to your liking.

However, as a baby boomer now with grey hair, I limit my exposure out under the Sun's rays. I now find comfort in the shade of trees or go outside in the mornings or early evening hours.

And to think in my youth, I was constantly outside in just shorts (no shirt or shoes) playing under the Florida sun. Now my skin expects me to be more respectful of its needs.

8. Likes Instigator, JR IN JAX liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speed ...is Secondary to just being in the open-air environment in a boat or on motorcycle.

The sensation of traveling, with the air molecules activating your senses of feel, smell and sight enlivens one's spirit.

My first experience as a kid (and still fond memories) is my Dad letting me operate the 20 horse Merc. And that same feeling registers with me today at 20 mph on the open water. Case in point - I took my brother-in-law out for a ride with a 9.8 Merc outboard, and the sensations were activated just like being a kid again.

10. Likes northoftheborder, JR IN JAX liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post

Got a little emotional reading your post JR IN JAX. Aboat all the way!!

12. Likes Lake X Kid, JR IN JAX liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the Golden years, the gold they speak of goes in the Doctors pockets from ours...

I've been a caretaker for 2.5 years now, her hospital bed is in the living room and the TV is on 24/7, drives me crazy

Three right knees, can't stop her infection, they tried a wound pump, now starting hyperbolic chamber treatment might have to remove the right leg from knee ...

Every two weeks she gets four IV bags of Immunoglobulin, If was not for modern medicine she would not be alive, but in reality she has no life now, she is twice the

size, 250lbs of the girl I married, which is another part of her (our) problem, she has a litany of problems.

Enjoy life while you can because tomorrow is just a dream.

That is only one of her many problems and since my radiation treatment I have 1/2 my normal energy level and everything is heavier now

Once you get around 70 It's one thing after another.
    We have invented the world; WE see

14. Likes JR IN JAX liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    northoftheborder, what about a Tuff 21? INVENTORY — Tuff Marine (tuffboats.com)

2007 Yamaha 300 HPDI VMAX
    340 hours, fully serviced and maintained
    Comes with 30P Bravo prop and metal hub
    Hydraulic Jack plate
    Speed hatch
    Cockpit cover
    86 mph
    Located in Muskoka Canada
    Asking
    CAN$65,000
    USD$51,000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tuff 21.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	515816
    Last edited by David; 02-27-2023 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Yeah the Golden years, the gold they speak of goes in the Doctors pockets from ours...

I've been a caretaker for 2.5 years now, her hospital bed is in the living room and the TV is on 24/7, drives me crazy

Three right knees, can't stop her infection, they tried a wound pump, now starting hyperbolic chamber treatment might have to remove the right leg from knee ...

Every two weeks she gets four IV bags of Immunoglobulin, If not for modern medicine she would not be alive, but in reality she has no life now, she is twice the

size, 250lbs of the girl I married, which is another part of her (our) problem, she has a litany of problems.

That is only one of her many problems and since my radiation treatment I have 1/2 my normal energy level and everything is heavier now

Sorry to hear what you're wife and you are going through CUDA.

17. Thanks TraceF3 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your in my prayers Cuda

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post

Three right knees, can't stop her infection, they tried a wound pump, now starting hyperbolic chamber treatment might have to remove the right leg from knee …

Every two weeks she gets four IV bags of Immunoglobulin, If was not for modern medicine she would not be alive, but in reality she has no life now, she is twice the

One of the IBEW Craftsmen that worked for me at the Naval Hospital [BUMED] went through the approximate same thing as your Wife. The MRSA infection required removing the knee implant and installing a fixed block for several months. I heard that after I retired he was able to come back to work. The problem was years long but it was solved, so have hope. I will pray for both of you.

If you have Access to Mayo Healthcare, I would greatly suggest it to you. They performed a so-far successful transplant on me, when no one else would. They have all of the latest technology and techniques.
    Last edited by JR IN JAX; 03-22-2023 at 04:58 PM.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

20. Thanks TraceF3 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBS View Post
    Your in my prayers Cuda
    ...and mine.
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3