Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solar power

A friend just had solar installed on his new roof, I was surprised because he runs a auto repair shop from his back building, and he is pissed about the

whole EV thing because he believes It will undercut his business, I was surprised at how many solar panels where installed on his two buildings, I asked

him what he had for batteries, he said it's not that type of system, the installer said it will be three years before the good batteries will be available.

He is still hooked up to the grid, but they replaced his electrical meter with a solar model, It keeps track of power he uses and the power he puts back into

the grid and once a year he is supposed to get a check from Florida Power, He said his power bill for house and garage is around $375. per month

and for the first 18 months it will be reduced to $275. then adjusted back up ? after 15 years it's all his, with a full 25 year warranty.

NO money down, It's like a little solar factory, his roof is covered with so many panels, I wonder what $ kind of check he will really get.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So he's basically renting his roof to the power company for $100/month and they are making his $275 electric bill plus probably another $500/month from the panels off of him?

And then after they make $100k over the installation cost, they turn the degraded mess of panels over to him so they don't have to remove & dispose of them?

Seems like a great deal for the power company?

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said he is to get a yearly check, It will be intresting how much he will get?

If you can get 25 years out of a roof in south Florida your doing good, garbage is garbage I don't see any real problem, except his roof looks like...

I would put them on my back roof, not the front, I would have to read the fine print on this one, like what if you sold and the new owner wants to rip it off?

Would the original owner have to pay X amount ?

Florida’s net-metering rules enable electric customers to connect approved renewable generation systems such as rooftop solar panels to the energy grid so you can not only buy power from your utility but also sell excess power to your utility via the energy grid. FPL customers receive a smart bidirectional meter that tracks how much energy you use and how much excess energy you deliver to the grid so you can earn a one-to-one kilowatt-hour credit on your bill.

https://www.fpl.com/energy-my-way/so...top-solar.html
    We have invented the world; WE see