Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We hit some big waves and the motor to cowling clearance is close and there is enough movement that they can hit. It was not from a pressure spike. After calculating a 5 hour idle back to the ramp we were able to find water calm enough to pull cowling and the crack was facing away from motor almost like an extra pisser we were able to get on plane and run home .The helicopter had some good video and motor ran cooler than normal.
    24 Twister

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know stock all the 450R sensors in a kit . new stronger t stat housing ,prop shafts and shift actuator . The sensor kit all fit in a small box and several are often backordered.
    24 Twister

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    What kind of pressure does it take to blow the t-stat housing?
    That was another instance where we were running hard and playing chase with Myrick Coil. We slammed so hard that the cowl compressed enough to break the t-stat housing and water was going into the supercharger. The time I was referring to was when Dave, Brian, I were running Kirk down from Capt. Ron's to the 4 way intersection of the lake and we came into the cruiser wake at just shy of 130 (6 people in the boat). "James pulled his girlfriend back into the boat by her calf" it was a nice 200 ft. flight but could have been really bad. Seems Z06 man is with me when all this stuff happens-I might to distance myself a bit from his influence lol...

Actually, we both have bigger boats in process that should treat us better-

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yowza! That will give you some new respect real quick. I had my V-King land near vertical on a jump and rip the cowling off!

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to argue bad azz is just bad azz , what a rig
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Warren! Thats one bad ass 28 Skater! Later, Dave
    2018 South Bay 3.0+ Tritoon W/Merc 400R

2019 Wright Perfomance 36, twin Merc 400R's

Formerly Central WI/LOTO Currently PHX AZ
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    9.2L's / supercharged vs 6.0L's / naturally aspirated ... I'm still waitin for you and skreemin to put a pair of 3.4L (6.8L) mini-chops on your 24' .. you know .. apples to apples
    First off Chaz, Happy New Year. I do wish you health and the ability to get your Motion running again this year.

As far as displacement, I thought we discussed this. Just because the 4-stroke process needs 2 complete revs to get all of the cylinders to fire and complete the suck-squeeze-bang-blow process doesn’t mean that’s the displacement firing each rev, remember? Each rev of a 4.6L V8 is using 2.3L worth of displacement to propel the boat AND drag its 4 passed out brothers along, who in turn get to return the favor the next lap around.

So having a TOTAL of 4.6L per rev vs your 6.8L (7.2L??) per rev seems a little light, so I reckon the Hellcat alumalung on each oughtta even things out…

As for the 3.4L mini-chops…sounds like a novel idea, I’ll work on it in my spare time

If there’s anyone in the world I’d like to see do an LS-based outboard “properly”, I’d say you’re the man with one of your stick mids. It’d be absolutely bitchin if you could keep the water out of it from both intake and exhaust sides.

If you start now you might even get it finished before that Skater leaves the jail it’s been stuck at in Melbourne.
    A problem is only a problem when viewed as a problem...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    very cool,nice job Warren and crew
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroSkreamin View Post
    First off Chaz, Happy New Year. I do wish you health and the ability to get your Motion running again this year.

As far as displacement, I thought we discussed this. Just because the 4-stroke process needs 2 complete revs to get all of the cylinders to fire and complete the suck-squeeze-bang-blow process doesn’t mean that’s the displacement firing each rev, remember? Each rev of a 4.6L V8 is using 2.3L worth of displacement to propel the boat AND drag its 4 passed out brothers along, who in turn get to return the favor the next lap around.

So having a TOTAL of 4.6L per rev vs your 6.8L (7.2L??) per rev seems a little light, so I reckon the Hellcat alumalung on each oughtta even things out…

As for the 3.4L mini-chops…sounds like a novel idea, I’ll work on it in my spare time

If there’s anyone in the world I’d like to see do an LS-based outboard “properly”, I’d say you’re the man with one of your stick mids. It’d be absolutely bitchin if you could keep the water out of it from both intake and exhaust sides.

If you start now you might even get it finished before that Skater leaves the jail it’s been stuck at in Melbourne.
    Thank You Skreemin ...

A Happy and Healthy New Year to you, friends and family as well ...

How do you know the condition of my hooptie, without asking me. Second to twentieth hand information .. is just that. And worse as it gets passed along.

With more good days behind me than in front of me, I really was naive enough to think as time went on .. life would get easier. But like bogus information, it seems to gets worse, or more difficult as time passes.

Your analogy on displacement .. at a glance, seems somewhat correct.

A single cylinder 4-stroke has points of rotation that one valve is opening, while the other is closing. While multi cylinder engines always have one opening, while another is closing, negating parasitic work. (drag)

4-strokes have a (some close to) 180 degree power stroke, while 2-strokes are usually half of that at 90. (yes I know most of the work is done early, but its still called the power stroke for a reason) And the 2-stroke has to use some of it's power stroke fight crankcase pressure on the downward stroke , as well as create an intake vacuum signal during the next 180 degrees up.
    Along with working against cylinder compression every lap around.
    While 2-strokes tend to rev quicker, the 4-stroke stores inertia.
    I rekkon that's why it doesn't take a 6.0L 4-stroke to make the same power as a 3.0L two stroke.
    BTW, who was it that took Mercury's 2-stroke exhaust technology to the zenith of a 1950's Greeves "bluey-pipe" .. and then call it a day ...

Mercury took a page out of Honda's 1960 playbook. More cylinders.

V-6 , 2-stroke ... every 60 degrees.

V-8 , 4-stroke ... every 90 degrees.

Compound that with .....

If you do the math you will see that the larger displacement of each V-8 cylinder, even if only half of them light per revolution, that in terms of swept area, your twice as often theory .. don't hold much water ..

I raced rear engine dragsters for 25 years. Some NA, some big inch multi gun nitrous motors, as well as 509-540 inch blown alky combo's. So I'm aware of what a "wood-chipper" .. errr ... manifold pressure does to power output ..

Water out of the exhaust .. I would probably exit the block out of the top, then put an upside down sink trap at the top and then go down and out .. would more than likely look foolish .. but I'll bet it would work ...

Chassis - fiberglass shop ...... jail.

Well that boat sat in the yard. Then it sat in the Marina-mahal and now in Melbourne.
    It's a good thing that rent doesn't need to be paid on that project .. or it would be the $6,000,000.00 hull.
    Those buddy deals seem to get put on the back burner pretty quick ..
    I always thought it is best to lead by example. So you better teach my bouy JP how to leave the phone in the truck. Then how to operate a roller and cut cloth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $ 11,000 in props

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    $ 11,000 in props
    Brother fun,

You don't just get 2 chunks of stainless steel, you are gaining status in the cult.

It's a weak group though, no blood in - blood out, face tattoo's etc. You can get out when your bank account is empty ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally respect Warren , never seen him in a mediocre anything . I'm so far from that world , the price I was told just re enforced my belief system , Rock on Warren

I'd rather buy real estate or a yacht ,,, or maby even a plane
    Last edited by mr fun; 01-07-2023 at 07:41 PM.

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Brother fun,

You don't just get 2 chunks of stainless steel, you are gaining status in the cult.

It's a weak group though, no blood in - blood out, face tattoo's etc. You can get out when your bank account is empty ....

If a man makes the money he can spend it anyway It makes him happy, life is short, you never know If you have tomorrow

At least he made his money legally, not packaging cocaine to sent up north to pay for the drag car habit
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Little Jimmie CRUD cake,

I see that post # 53 of the "speaker of the house" thread in the political section has you in convulsions.

Odd that a communist like you would try to explain to a Republican like me about the free enterprise system.

Another thing about America .. is the freedom of information act. If your statement about me were true, it would be a matter of public record ...

Daddy .. Chaz is making me cry ... again

Add "lie" to the list ...

Still Peeing in boats .. ??? What a fruitcake ..

And those arrests outside of a gaybar for solicitation. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. Everyone knows you're not in it for the money, ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile .. back on the "mega-chop front" .. how's that Skater gonna run during the dog days of summer .. Axein for a friend ..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast