Views:	142 
Size:	19.14 MB 
ID:	513272
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Artwork.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	13.65 MB 
ID:	513273

A couple years ago, The family and I were looking for a boat to do some fishing. After some searching around, we came across this Checkmate. It was in a state of disrepair and ultimately required a major overhaul that spanned roughly a year.
    Important info:

• The boat had a rotten floor. The stringer and floor was cut out and replaced with ¾ marine grade plywood. The plywood was sealed with 17oz bias fiberglass mat. The transom is solid

• The original upholstery was destroyed. The front and rear seats were too far gone and removed, both were replaced with wooden platforms to better fish on.

• The Engine is a 1989 Mercury 150 Black Max. The Idle control module was removed along with the oil reservoir and oiling system.
      The boat runs on Premix and I have only used 93’ octane gas with Pennsoil XLF at a 50:1 Ratio.
      The Rectifier is a bad design, Mercury only used it for two years, sometimes it charges sometimes the tach works. The boat is kept on a trickle charge and other than the starter and trim all that draws from it is the Garmin so it hasn't been an issue. The 135 has a good charging system that I was going to swap over but never did.

Additional hardware/parts:

• A 1992 Mercury 135. It has started and idled on a test stand. The lower unit from it is on the boat.

• A lower unit with a low-water pickup on the nose with a Laser II prop (originally on the boat). Needs to be rebuilt but has worked.

Other miscellaneous items:

• A Garmin STRIKER 4 depth finder, hydroslide, skis, the stock skipole, tow rope, center locking glass, lifejackets, fire extinguisher and stock seat shells.

The reason I want to sell this Checkmate is because kayak fishing has proven to be a much easier and less costly path, allowing both my Wife and I to get into harder to reach areas where the boat could not go. This season alone it was taken out only 4 times. I believe it would be better in someone else’s hands where they could get far more use out of it. I have the title in hand for the boat and trailer and it has been kept under a canopy for protection in my time owning it. Everthing is go, weve had a blast with this boat, but I hate to have things sitting not being used.

I would prefer to speak on the phone, but you can PM me. The ideal times to reach me are evenings Monday through Friday 4:00 - 6:00 PM Est, and Saturday and Sunday in the morning from 8:00 - 10:00 AM, My number is 252-441-5963

My name is James
    Last edited by James Thompson; 01-22-2023 at 07:32 AM. Reason: change price