Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5 fuel pressure regulator vs ecu box match

I'll admit I got careless with many of my 2.5 parts. I have a fuel rail with a gold regulator, a black one and a silver one. Then I have four ecu brain boxes with no idea which goes with which. Is there any identification on the boxes? Also is there a meter available to set the percentage of fuel on the ecu box? Somehow I feel like I should be sitting down when I hear the cost! On a related note, I was preparing for a 2.5 tunnel boat ride and a friend was "helping" me get it ready. He was connecting the battery leads and I noticed as he was tightening the positive cable, the wrench touched the ecu box and there was a small spark which turned out to be a $650 spark. Politely, I never told him what I saw him do as he had good intentions for wanting to help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to figure some of this out as well and it seems it has become illegal in some places to modify the brain so info is scarce. You can switch it up and go for Brucato acu which has custom tuning features as well as a small fuel curve adjuster on the box or you can add a steamwheel and make this adjustment on the dash panel. For minor mods some guys advocate the adjustable fuel pressure regulator is enough to dial in the a/f by reading plugs. Some other guys drill into the base plate and add an O2 bung for measuring a/f and of course there is always old school egt probes as well.

im trying the adjustable fp reg and plug read on my 2.5 build. Looking forward to seeing what path you take and what insights others have as well. There are guys on here that can id the brain boxes for you im sure they will be along shortly.
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scroll down to ECU: https://www.biggerhammer.net/mercury/

You need the part number of the ECU plus whatever follows like A27 or -9.

Let's just go ahead and make America great again!

4. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d&smach View Post
    I'll admit I got careless with many of my 2.5 parts. I have a fuel rail with a gold regulator, a black one and a silver one. Then I have four ecu brain boxes with no idea which goes with which. Is there any identification on the boxes? Also is there a meter available to set the percentage of fuel on the ecu box? Somehow I feel like I should be sitting down when I hear the cost! On a related note, I was preparing for a 2.5 tunnel boat ride and a friend was "helping" me get it ready. He was connecting the battery leads and I noticed as he was tightening the positive cable, the wrench touched the ecu box and there was a small spark which turned out to be a $650 spark. Politely, I never told him what I saw him do as he had good intentions for wanting to help.
    The gold is a 39lb reg,black is 56lb reg and first used on 300 drag a63,,,the silver maybe of the 2.4s or early non digital ecu"s.Look on the back of the ecu and read the numbers.....all 11350 ecu"s have a replaceable chip that changes the fuel pressure and fuel curves and rev limits.The 300 drag chip is a 56lb a63 and those chips are still around and so are the a48 39lb drag chips..The merc 4 button ddt and after market ddts will change fuel %s and also temp sensors ,map {manifold absolute pressure}The base line on a merc box is 160 or the motor will not run right.The a6 and a13 fuel curves can only be changed by a computer.Also if your map sensor is bad they can be replaced,,so don"t throw any ecu"s away.

6. Likes rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having something keeping an eye on things is very usefull
    http://thesensorconnection.com/gauge...yrometer-gauge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MPG-4C_Digital EGT CHT Temperature Gauge_Color_Function Buttons_0.jpeg  

8. Thanks LakeFever thanked for this post